Now that R-rated kinos are back in vogue...

Now that R-rated kinos are back in vogue, will we get a proper Robocop remake and just pretend like the 2014 piece of trash didn't happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

freep.com/story/entertainment/2017/02/10/robocop-statue-detroit-update/97743076/
youtube.com/watch?v=qx2GuZMfNp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the 2014 remake forever ruined robo cop

it's dead jim

What about leaving Robocop alone?

not a piece of trash. Just hope for a R rated Robocop vs Terminator to redeem both of them

>remake
Just watch the original you dumb millenial.

REEE EVERYTHING MUST BE REMADE REEEE LET'S TAKE A PERFECT SLICE OF 80s SATIRE AND REMAKE IT REEEEE

Why remake a pretty much flawless movie?

It's too late.

Would have been perfect in the Bush era.

Bloomkampfpfpf directing from a Charlie Brooker script, drawing from the likes of Dick Cheney and Blackwater and of course - Filming in actual fucking Detroit, one of the most cinematic places in the U.S. right now.

The only possible way you could do a RoboCop movie is picking up 30 years later after the original film

Using the ideas Ed Neumeir and Michael had in their unmade sequel script about a future America where government and corporations have merged, Detroit has been replaced with an arcology the wealthy elite live in, the masses live outside it, etc

Didn't It Follows film in Detroit?

Only watched the first two and don't feel like the rest is worth the time.

>robogerp

Why remake it when you can re-watch it?

>will we get a proper Robocop remake

why would ayone need a remake from a masterpiece is completely beyond me. You already have the masterpiece available at your leisure. Do you seriously believe a remake would improve anything at all? Hollywood is literally killing itself with constant shitty remakes.

Robocop is one film that doesn't need a remake. The original is perfect and anything they make will not live up to it. I wouldn't be opposed to a film set in the Robocop universe tho.

Nah, there would be no point.

This thread reminded me that a Robocop statue was being made. Had to look up on how that was coming along. Here's a news link on the progress.

freep.com/story/entertainment/2017/02/10/robocop-statue-detroit-update/97743076/

This, and also, while the 2014 one was nothing special, it was also nothing to complain about. Remakes can range anywhere from mediocre to horrific-abomination... I'll take mediocre. You could have had tim burton give it his planet of the apes treatment, for instance.

>making robocop statue
>not making mo town statues
why?

>why?
Why not? Robocop is not only a Detroit but a national treasure.

>begging for more remakes
fucking sad.

*Detroit icon

>that arm
holy fuck! did he get that ripped in that prison?

youtube.com/watch?v=qx2GuZMfNp8

Peter Weller is still kicking. What about a Robocop 3. Murphy is 3 days from retirement when a big case lands at his desk. Also he's a detective now.

>Wanting more remakes
Fuck off market research.

>What about a Robocop 3.
A-user I...

>Do you seriously believe a remake would improve anything at all?
Of course.

What the hell happened to Paul Verhoeven? Did Hollow Man bury him?

before you give people the wrong idea, the uninitiated must understand that the nice half on the other side of the river is actually Canada

Any and all remakes will be shit because they won't have Red Foreman as the badass criminal.

/thread

>I too, would like to express my fondness for that particular Robotic Cop

>people might mistake a burnt out shithole for canada!!!

Pretty sure you're worrying over nothing, leaf.

Robocop is Verhoven

Without Verhoven there is no Robert Cop

>leaf
nope

>RoboCop remake
Wake the fuck up son. No remake of this kino will ever be good. It's like Scarface. You can't remake it.

Kek