ITT: FIlms that get better with repeat viewings

The Wire

Kubrick Films the thread

also

Zack Snyder films (I thought Man of steel and BvS were the worse things i'd ever seen but on rewatch non ironically they are masterpieces of genre)

All Malick films but especially Tree of life (best film of 21st century so far)

Kung Pow

>iƱarritu
>snyder
>malick

this thread went to shit fast

EH BOY WHO YOU TALKING TO?? I NOTICE YOU AIN'T REPLYING TO NO SPECIFIC POST. YOU BET NOT BE TALKING TO ME. ILL EVACUATE YOUR BITCH ASS FROM DIS WORLD, MY NIGGA. FO REAL. WORD. WATCH WHAT YOU SAY.

the dark knight rises

Innarutu is a hack

Yes.

this is bait

>t. pleb
those were good already on first sight

demagogue

>wasting 2x3.5 hours

Try reading comprehension, pleb.

No, it's not. The Revenant get's much better the second time around knowing what the story and the filmmakers were going for. The drama and story become more coherent and interesting with repeat viewings of The Revenant. I get something out of Tom Hardy's character everytime I watch it repeatedly.

fite me irl

3x hours brainlet

Just give it up user pleb faggot.

BvS is the ultimate pleb filter

fucking this. i still discover new things even though i've watched it so many times

what can you expect, you learn things slowly since you are retarded

The reason people like BvS and MoS more on repeated viewings is the loss of brain cells you suffer each time you watch that garbage

did he die

I don't know about MoS but BvS goes from 4/10 to solid 8/10 and I'm not memeing here

wtf? I don't even remember seeing that scene.

Maybe cause I smoking copious amounts of reefer when I went to see it.

Best Goji film since the original. I'm still waiting for the bluray release.

Do you know where I can watch it?

The original isn't that good.

Torrent
Both of them rely on having knowledge of recent Japanese history and culture. I lived in Japan for a while so maybe that helped. That's always a risk with foreign movies that try to convey certain themes.

I really liked equilibrium.
I know it's an action movie on the surface, but it goes far deeper, or at least my youthful mind was convinced it did.
E.g. i the introductory scene a crowd is shown to listen to someone. Until he stops and people get up to clap. The first person to stand up afair, is later revealed to be an important part of the resistance.

I also had the impression their world building relies heavily on background scenery and implication. So you have to look past the primary action to see the misery and how people cope with it.

Ultimate rewatch movie, it gets better and better every viewing

This.

haven't rewatched it yet but you're probably right. only movie that i had to actually pause halfway through and read half of the plot summary. perhaps i'm adding a subtext that isn't there but i felt that it was intentional to make you feel like doc sportello seeing a hazy, confusing picture of what was happening. that or i'm a brainlet.

I totally forgot about this! I remember the trailer peaking my interest, but I never got around to watching it.