Watching the 1990s Flash. It feels very Burtonesque

Watching the 1990s Flash. It feels very Burtonesque.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=01FMjjkPEG0
66.media.tumblr.com/45fd47d82d7b6cbfb9d53ae9ebd34369/tumblr_inline_nfclg9FQZd1s1su6i.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=oaKLX4KOoVU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, the main theme was literally composed by Danny Elfman, so

Well Danny Leftover wrote music, so... Also I love this series.

Lol, stupid corrector. Elfman

Literally? He didn't figuratively compose it? Are you certain? He LITERALLY composed it?

Burton was basically the Nolan of his time, everyone wanted to copy the way he adapted Batman.

From the normie perspective, he had taken this wacky 60's camp character and turned him into a dark anti-hero.

They cared more about the money Burton's Batman raked in.

The pilot is very Burtonesque but the rest of the series is more Batman 89 meets Batman 66

CRAZY SHIT happens

Hoolio should come back.

My favorite is the Flashpoint one

>tfw the CW Flash first season finale ends basically the same way

>That interview were producers admit making him a series regular was a mistake because they struggled to come up with things for him to do.

Arranging blind dates for Barry was enough
He was pretty cool
Maybe if the series continued they could have made him discover Barry was the Flash and then have him help him with Flash stuff too

>TMW the 90's show has a better costume than your giant blockbuster

But he stil didn't have yellow boots

I'm praying Flash's second suit does.

Dude, it's possible that someone else who tried to sound like Danny Elfman composed it, thus it would be LIKE Danny, but not literally

That costume still looks cool

It doesn't.

How would you know?

MY NAME IS BOLO SANTOSI, AND IM THE LEADER OF THE REVOLUTIONARY ARMY KNOWN AS THE REAPERS

It's been described.

It's the same thing as the prototype, but without the black wiring holding the metal plates together and some smaller patterned plates.

Sounds like everyone on modern flash except for based Joe and Cisco.
This show reminds me a lot of Dexter, where it's entertaining but you only care for a few characters and the rest have nothing to do besides being boring filler and you have to constantly push through all the shit to get to the good stuff.
>it's an iris episode
>its a boring z level villain episode
>it's my boyfriend/family member is dead episode

Zzzzzz...JUST GET TO FLASH VS NOT FLASH!!! FUCK! That or Cisco being cucked by golden cocktease.
Seriously why are cold and her robbing if they have a gun that can make gold? Like an entire human into gold in seconds! Also, How the fuck am I supposed to feel sorry for this bitch when she fucking murdered someone with molten gold! Molten fucking gold! Uuuh but my daddy beat me, nigga you turned a human into fucking goooooold! Fuck youuuu.

It's Fool's Gold, they explain it.

even ignoring this, it seems that in the context of the CW show, Snart and his cronies just love robbing places for sport. They don't need the money.

GOAT Captain Cold

I'm surprised they haven't tried giving CW Cold the freeze capsules he used to escape lockup

How can anyone watch the cfw garbage? It's fucking catering to tween girls like teen wolf

Looks oiddly like Matt Letscher.

>pic
I don't see the resemblance.

Eh

>Captain Cold
>Accurate powers, completely different background

>Mirror Master
>Accurate background, completely different powers

Only the Trickster was really faithful

People like it because it's good.

Elfmen can't read or write music. To compose to just makes sounds like bump bump bump and has a ghostwriter translate that for him. He is more of a melody maker

Modern flash trickster episode was a treat, they even found an excuse to put Barry's dad in the same room as hamill.
Every time he laughed and it cut to another scene it felt like it cuts just as he was about to do his joker laugh.

He was pretty cool.

Is this true? It gives me so much hope if so.

SM1 and 2 soundtrack was godly, so the Simpsons theme. Elfman is a god whenever he is not working with Burton. Hell, even with Burton he has a few gems like Batman theme.

>Danny Leftover

Good name for a punk band.

>that star wars joke
>I AM YOUR FATHER!
>cue the brass section like it's the fucking imperial march

that shit was gold

He's played Deadpool, Green Lantern, AND Flash?

Tim Robbins' coolest role.

I'm not really sure what you mean. If he's not a good reader/writer of notation, it's not like he needs someone to write the music down for him. MIDI sequencers have existed for ages, all you need to do is play the music and the computer gives you the notation. If you mean he has someone else handle the arrangement for the orchestra, that's the norm for big budget stuff.

DAMN, Flash looks like THAT?

>Sounds like everyone on modern flash except for based Joe and Cisco.
Cisco's role in most of he first season was giving name in an annoying manner. Joe is in here for the hug and stupid drama shit.

Let's face it, Barry and a few good villains are the only characters that matter. It's not enough.

Go back to Panau and get off my Sup Forums.

Your taste, my friend, is SUBPAR.

>He's played Deadpool, Green Lantern, AND Flash?
that's really unfunny ksy

Ryan Reynolds almost did play the Flash, though.

Why is the Flash in this version so fucking jacked?

Foam.

But wouldn't you literally just say that Danny Elfman composed it in that case? I mean it's literally redundant.

But he was really fairly jacked

Well he's an actor

I find it funny and a bit annoying how everyone is jacked in capeshit.
A character could be the biggest shut-in NEET, he would be jacked the second he gets powers.

Explain me how Barry Allen is supposed to be muscular, the guy never went at a gym or exercized at home.

The theme sounds so wrong for The Flash though.
I don't know if it's just the Elfmanness of it, but it sounds so Batman to me.

I envy that reality. He's a much better fit for Wally West than Hal Jordan.

Frist two episode weren't really exciting. I didn't care about the subplots and it felt like they main plots could have been resolved in half the time.

Has any live adaptation of Barry had blonde hair

the fuck is this

Is he anything like Cisco?

He doesn't have a personality.

Richard Belzer should come back too.

Wouldn't it be more accurate for him to be lean and ripped eventually after using his powers enough?

Lightning gave him abs.
Episode one, people.

You are an idiot.

So no.

Explain

youtube.com/watch?v=01FMjjkPEG0

66.media.tumblr.com/45fd47d82d7b6cbfb9d53ae9ebd34369/tumblr_inline_nfclg9FQZd1s1su6i.gif

They should do a comic where they imply that 90's Flash takes place in Burton Batman's universe.

>talking about 90's Flash
>CW Barry is jacked

Yeah, he's tall and handsome and wouldn't be ashamed of being shirtless at the beach, but he's not jacked.

I'd watch that crossover.

Fuck off, X-user is an alright dude.

Then why is this album a 9/10?

>Hell, even with Burton he has a few gems like Batman theme
And even that was at least partly a derivative of somebody else's work.
youtube.com/watch?v=oaKLX4KOoVU

Is 90's flash part of the DCW continuity officially or no? I don't want to force myself to watch it just for the sake of completion,

Not really. Barry sees an image of the 90s Flash while traveling to Earth 2, but that's it. Other than that and JWS being in both, there's no real connection.

You're confusing him with Hans Zimmer.

90's Flash is one of the Earths in CW's multiverse

You should watch it because it's fun.

I liked how the Raimi Spidey movies did it

>Peter gets bit by the spider
>The next day, he gains some muscle tone, but he's still pretty lean

There was an article a year or so back about this very topic and how that look is 100% expected now because so few people know what real fitness looks like, and don't know what forms that can take. Good fucking luck getting any meaty action roles unless you look ripped to fuck at minimum. Never mind that - exactly like you say - if your main activity was running or acrobatics you'd be lean as hell, roid monsters only need apply. Just look what JK Simmons is doing for DC, or attached image of X-men 1 Jackman vs The Wolverine Jackman.

Even in cartoons it happens. People are saying Maui (Dwayne Johnson's character in Moana) is 'fat', even though the dude could probably powerlift a country out of the ocean.

The relation ship and romance drama on Flash is less obnoxious than on Arrow or the shows you mentioned. Some episodes REALLY focus on it, but usually not all the time.

>Just look what JK Simmons is doing for DC

J.K. Simmons is doing it for himself, he's a fitness freak.

They even cut the gag in Spider-Man 2 where he's caught jumping around his office in Spider-Man's suit because he actually looked pretty good in it.