Is Ben going to be alright?

Is Ben going to be alright?

Live by night shattered bens confidence do he's probably happy no ones going to see his shit writing.

Didn't WB rushed Ben to finish Live By Night?

Is Ben still Batman? He's no longer director, and he's no longer writer, it just seems that acting in a movie under those circumstances would feel kinda cucky.

He worked over two years on that movie.

Kek I bet he wishes he was Casey right now

>Kino director wants to make kino superhero movie
>trashes the script for the flick version prior
Reeves should be praised for this

I'm predicting 35% on RT

I hope so user, I really fucking hope so.

Who and who and why are blog screenshot threads still allowed on Sup Forums?

I'm sure the payment he's already received and will receive is enough to keep him content

For now, yes. He still plays Batman.

If matt reeves can make two masterpieces in a rebooted franchise of a 60s movie about monkeys than he can save batman

Two years is not a lot of time. Shooting is the easy part, give a take a few months, but post production and editing could be a real bitch. To say nothing of the idea and the script which alone could take years. there's a lot of scripts that took years if not decades to get right.

Who goes there or the thing took a great many years to be made and what we got, the Carpenter version, wasn't well received and only become a cult classic after the fact.

>masterpieces

He said he wants to make a detective noir movie. Which could mean anything. Got to wonder what Batfleck wanted to make.

It seems to be his perfect scenario; when this whole Batman shit started he was hyped, excited...then he saw all the work that comes with handling a big budget superhero movie. Then he stepped down as director because it was too much, specially with his marital and booze problems.
>“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions,” Affleck said in a statement. “Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Now, he doesn't have to do anything but to follow directions and play the part. Hopefully, being under Zack Snyder's piss-poor directing taught him something and he can get Matt Reeves to make a good movie this time around.

lads

it's Batman

guaranteed 90 on RT, guaranteed billion in box office.

oh boy cant wait to see this mess

>Is Ben going to be alright?

Ofcourse he is. This was a terrible idea from the fucking start. Ben has proven himself a respectable director by doing Argo, not a respectable writer.

Fire the asshat reeves (Under Siege 2, top-fucking-kek) replace him by Affleck and hire some real writers.

Or better yet, forget about the dc turdfest universe, get the Nolan Brothers (they are still brothers, right? Not sibblings or sistsers?), Goyer and Patrick Bateman back. Hathaway can come to if she manages to find a convincing wig.

This is 100% free advice DC/Warner Bros, please fucking use it.

>the perfect scenario for an Academy Award winning writer and director is to be doing neither

Nice spin, Ben.

Directing a $200-million blockbuster is a completely different beast from anything he's ever done. The statement he gave stinks of fake PR writing, but he really might just find it intimidating.

>masterpieces
Watch more movies

Passion Project ≠ Cheap Cash Grab

Creator of Bateman fucking approves BvS, so fuck off pathetic mcuck.

This is before Civil War came out. I bet he liked CW a lot better than any of Snyder's dumpster fires

>the absolute state of Marvel Pakis after Spider flop

LbN was gangster kino. Perfect.

Lol, of course not, he dosen't watch capeshit. Only kino. You can cheack his twitter yourself.

>DCEU is now more than a billion ahead the MCU by the 4th movie
>4 hit movies out of 4
>disney's propaganda/shill machine starts working again
Like clockwork

>capeshitter
>thinks planet of the apes movies are masterpieces
>cries "m-muh marvel shills" when he's outed as a pleb
You're an embarassment

BvS is capeshit

Apes was a nice flick. Lets not get carried away.

>not understanding how English language works
Wow. MarvelPakis need to be less autistic
Embarrassing really.

Detective noir could be dope, after all he is the World's Greatest Detective.

If they don't go that route, then go in the complete other direction with a Tower of Babel storyline.

Stay out of the middle lane or it will suck

>84910935
You'd lose that bet, he's not a brainlet like the reviewers disney buys with baby groot t-shirts and star wars merchandise

>still crying wolf
Enjoy your monkey flicks, retard.

He is a good writer and all but BvS does not deserve to be in that list. (Not sure about Tale of Tales which I haven't seen but it surely must have been better than the joke that BvS turned out to be.)

>Hopefully, being under Zack Snyder's piss-poor directing
here's your (you)
Now fuck off back to plebville

>PLS GO SEE SPIDERFLOP
man let it go already .

Tale of Tales was fantastic. But it came out in 2015 so I don't know what the fuck Ellis is smoking

>The City of Ben Affleck

>the best movies of the franchise he shills were made by the guy who brought us the scooby doo flicks
>they are still 6/10 on a good day
Top wew

>nolan batman praise

For fucks sake he wasn't batman he was Gadget Man.

I wonder if Big Ben is circumcised

>being this assblasted
kek. Your fixation on capeshit is hilarious

>but BvS does not deserve to be in that list

BvS is kino.

>Hello Darkness my old friend

>>the best movies of the franchise he shills
What franchise? If you're talking about Marvel, I agree. They're garbage. I'm just laughing at the fact someone thinks the Planet of the Apes movies are masterpieces

>but BvS does not deserve to be in that list

Well I agree the apes movies are somewhat overrated but they objectively, unambigiously better than anything in the MCU and the success of WW is based on being better than the MCU too, so The Batman has good chances of being a total hit as well

>direct 3 kinos in a row, starring in two of them
>then flop on the 4th

What went wrong?

>he's still crying about Spider flop

It's sad really

>Shooting is the easy part,

>I have never worked on a film set: The Post

Yeah I think the marvel mcu is largely shit too though, generic uninspired cgi drivel, the only real exception to that being guardians of the galaxy (yet to see the second one) and maybe the second cap.

The only two marvel adaptations I'd praise would be Deadpool and Logan.

>deadpool
>GotG
Holy shit

>>GotG

I'll admit it's pretty generic but enjoyable and if you want to see why it's done right/isn't bad just have one look at DC's terrible attempt to copy it.

Well if he wants to cheer up he can go watch the awe inspiring most critically acclaimed blockbuster of the summer, Spidey homecoming

I've read enough to know that once your foundation is stable and ready and you have all the materials on site and enough hands to help, you could put up a house in record time. Hold ups are usually poor choices for location or piss poor actors or some other event that wasn't at all well thought out. That's why I high lighted preproduction. You can knock all that shit out in the planning. Once your script's tight and you have a bitching location, and your staff's top notch and the artist are on the ball, within a few weeks you're done with principal photography.

Ok memelord

Probably half the script was with him sucking on Emily Ratajkowski's tits

All memes aside the cinemtography of BVS alone makes it kino worthy. The closest any marvel film has ever come to kino cinematography was Doctor Strange, which was for the most part anyways just a CGI shitfest

What that piece of shit has like a 73 metacritic score lmao, no wonder it's flopping

Kino

>Ben script
>Betmen kick everybody ess and I get fatter each day

>tfw another action filled vs the (((evil villain))) no plot or story with POC LGBT as romantic love interest capeshit

>Goyer
Right becuase Man of Steel and Bvs had such good plots.

I don't think anyone actually knows what a "masterpiece" actually is.
It's an old term for skills and trades that required apprenticeship. A "masterpiece" doesn't mean "its the greatest thing ever" but instead is just easier to consider it the apprentice's final exam to graduate to master status. It doesnt mean they're the best, instead its a certification of ability.

>Doctor Strange
>muh inception but with plotholes and inconsistent storywriting
>kino
LOOOOOOOOL

You mean Wonder Cunt? Nobody cares about your feminist movie.

Why the fuck are random threads being deleted? New rules?

mods being triggered redditors as usual

He's specifically talking about the visuals you mouth breathing troglodyte.

>check out how bad this film
>it's equally as awful as the movies you like

Based Apeman!!

green room was ok, The invitation is garbage

Better RT score than wonder woman kek.

I originally read that as 'scrapped Ben Affleck's dialogue for movie' and thought "but how the hell is that gonna work?".

>cloverfield, let me in
he buddy maybe you should let affleck do what he want-
>planet of the apes

eh, maybe you know what you're doing kid

The guy didn't even write Good Will Hunting, what makes him think his scripts are on par with the legions of shit studios have in their reservoirs?

>Bret Easton Ellis
Just in case you needed more proof that only contrarian shallow edgelords like BvS.