Japanese slave women were even sold as concubines to black African crewmembers...

>Japanese slave women were even sold as concubines to black African crewmembers, along with their European counterparts serving on Portuguese ships trading in Japan, mentioned by Luis Cerqueira, a Portuguese Jesuit, in a 1598 document.
>Japanese slaves were brought by the Portuguese to Macau, where some of them not only ended up being enslaved to Portuguese, but as slaves to other slaves, with the Portuguese owning Malay and African slaves, who in turn owned Japanese slaves of their own.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1519magellan.asp
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1505mayr.asp
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipe_Camarão
lemad.fflch.usp.br/sites/lemad.fflch.usp.br/files/Alvará Régio de 4 de abril de 1751.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusotropicalism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assimilado#Reality
youtube.com/watch?v=9MzWm55Yfpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not even the assian can resist the KARA BOGA

tranny man

Yes, we started the yellow fever.
Sorry about that.

why was portugl so mean?

We were usually the good guys italian bro, for example we didn´t genocided millions of amerindians like the english have done in north america. We have done some colateral damage i agree, but we were never that brutal.

Also the japanese liked us, we were the first europeans to reach Japan, and this is how Japanese described us in 1571:

>»These men (the Portuguese) are merchants... They drink in a glass without offering it to others. They eat with their fingers (1) and not with chopsticks like us ... They are people who spend their lives traveling From there to beyond, without a right address, and exchange products that have the ones they do not have, but deep down they are not bad people. "
>*Crónica Teppo-Ki (adaptado)
>(1) cutlery was only used en masse by the europeans in the following centuries

And then the Japanese had Korean slaves.

slaveception

Do you know any good chronicle by portuguese explorers or conquistadores?

Maybe that's the cause of this damn country of mine having so many weeaboo huh

japanese were infidels, alberto did nothing wrong

All of Latin America is full of weebs.

> King Sebastian feared that it was having a negative effect on Catholic proselytization since the slave trade in Japanese was growing to massive proportions, so he commanded that it be banned in 1571.
Let's be fair with Papa Portugal though.

There's a fine book about it....

post more of this, this is very interesting

Never forget you bombed Spain you fascist pigs

What I meant was the writings of people who partecipated in the expeditions, like this
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1519magellan.asp

I've read some spanish conquistadores chronicles but nothing portugese

The Portuguese is who we have to thank for the great foof of Asia, they are why the Japs have tempura and such.They are why the Thais have the chili pepper. Damn, how did Portugal fall to it's current state?

This was how africans described us when we reached there:

>»A day from the sea came a great ship, white wings, and shining like knives in the sun, white men came out of the water, saying words that no one understood, our ancestors were afraid and thought they were Vumbi, souls of the other world. They managed to make them return to the sea by shooting clouds of arrows, but the "Vumbi" began to spit fire with a noise of thunder .... "
>* African oral tradition, in F. Braudel, Material Civilization ... III.

How chinese described us:

>»It can be said that the first objective of the Fu-lang-chi (the Portuguese) to China was the commerce (...).
>Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle. >The hair grows on the backs of their hands, and their beards are red. They love commerce and, based on their military power, have a habit of invading and oppressing smaller countries. They go to any place where there is profit ... They wear clean and beautiful clothes >... Whenever a dispute arises, they point to the sky and swear to tell the truth. "
>*História de Ming (adaptado)

Brazil also has the highest Japanese diaspora outside of Japan, but this is because Brazil courted Germans and Japs after WWII when no one else wanted them, to whiten up the country.

Spaniards can be nuts too

>African oral tradition
lol and no I'm not laughing because of the world oral, I'm laughing because the dumbasses could never figure out how to write things down

>how did Portugal fall to it's current state?

What current sate? Portugal is a normal western country, very stable, very good life conditions, not rich like norway, but still rich. We have problems, one of them is that we have destroyed our industry in the past 20 years, to becam e a third sector economy (services and tourism), that' sbad, and also we will have problems with multiculturalism soon, causing tensons for years, specially in lisbon

They got Anglo'd

Stop bullying us pls

No, actually, Jap immigration began in 1908.

And Germanic immigration began with Emperess Leopoldina of Austria, but it's true we got some germans (not as much as before) after WW2 though.

To be fair, we must blame your Liberals in Porto for ruining the Empire though.

I thought most of the Brazilian Japanese came before and around wwI

Search about the chronicles of Fernão Mendes Pinto, first hand, portuguese travels to asia and around the world.

They did the right thing. The king couldn't stay in the new world controlling the portuguese empire, it was a non-sense and he was lucky that we let him come back, parts of the country already didn´t want him back.

but it's fun

>I'm laughing because the dumbasses could never figure out how to write things down
They didn't have Meds to teach them writing like you did.

Cheers, look what I found
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/1505mayr.asp

Crap in Brazil and remove its condition of autonomous Kingdom to be again a mere province of Portugal wasn't the most brilliant idea though.
And the move to Rio was necessary at the time, not our fault the King liked the city.

We did not "fall" to the current state, mate. We landed into it gracefully.

Who else has out peace of mind, weather, food and lives unbothered near the sea forever?

We (and Spain) won. Everyone else is playing for second place.

It's not like every other European power kept their colonies anyway.

Sooner or later Brazil would rebel, given the general political environment in the new world.

Making Brazil back into a colony was indeed an unneeded slap, though.

No one wanted independency at that time. I'm pretty sure today we would be more autonomous, but probably we would still be somehow united politically with Portugal or kinda like the British Commonwealth, sharing the same Crown.

Wtf blacks were really fucking xenophobic.

But all memes aside, that is very interesting.
>Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle.
Always wondered how asians stereotypde the european appearance.

Maybe. The US wasn't more influential than Brazil at the time, so you probably wouldn't follow them blindly, but then again, there was always the Spanish colonies setting the example. Maybe Brazil would have ended up fractured, even.

It's a shame, really. Portugal and Brazil would've really benefited from each other, but that would mean Portugal being essentially the door for Brazil into Europe, which would always make Portugal be the metropolis of a huge-ass multi-continental country and sooner or later you guys would not like us being richer than you just by geographical circumstance, is my bet.

Good stuff.

Your indepedancy and the ones of angola, mzambique, etc.. etc. was the best for all. It was just a matter of time. Because Portugal is not a multiracial society, not an empire. Portugal is a nation,with one single identity.

Nothing can garantee we would follow the the hispanics.
> that would mean Portugal being essentially the door for Brazil into Europe, which would always make Portugal be the metropolis of a huge-ass multi-continental country and sooner or later you guys would not like us being richer than you just by geographical circumstance, is my bet.
I think we would be like the Canadians.
You choose to be an Empire. You choose to consider indigenous and blacks portuguese as well, at the least the ones in the empire's territory.

Didn't Rome enslave half of Europe/North Africa?

>You choose to be an Empire.

Historically yes, we had an empire, but that empire, was never part of the portuguese nation, they are and were 2 distinct concepts.
What makes Portugal a nation is that mainland portuguese have a common heritage, a language, a race and ethnicity they share, ofc they do not share all those aspects with the pop's that have lived in the portuguese empire

>You choose to consider indigenous and blacks portuguese as well

They never were, of course. And they never were considered.

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipe_Camarão

Romans were mean bastards

>nationality:brazilian

He was not portuguese obviously, in fact, the Inquisition blood purity laws were pretty clear on those issues even in the colonies.

There wasn't a "brazilian nationality" in the 1600s.
And: lemad.fflch.usp.br/sites/lemad.fflch.usp.br/files/Alvará Régio de 4 de abril de 1751.pdf

Don't argue with that dude, he shows up to ruin every single Portuguese thread.

t. gaul

Not even there was a portuguese one, what defines it, is the blood. So obviously that dude was not portuguese, since he was an amerindian or mixed.

When you lose on the arguments you rely on the cry.

>ruin every single Portuguese thread.

I'm probably the only portuguese here. You are not that's for sure.

This. Portugal is best tier.

Decent wealth, not cucked by multiculturalism, great food, etc.

Read the Alvará I have showed to you, dude.
You are right.

What alvará, go read about inquisition laws on the subject. And i don´t even need those, an amerindian or an african dude will never ever be portuguese, italian, lithuanian or french.

lemad.fflch.usp.br/sites/lemad.fflch.usp.br/files/Alvará Régio de 4 de abril de 1751.pdf

I have already explained you

Empire Nation
Do you think these are french people? a paper could say that they are, but in reality they will never be french, portuguese or english and everybody knows that.

>multiculturalism
Portuguese are the original multiculturalists.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusotropicalism

We have kept it away of our country, we were smart in that one.

>Lithuanian women are sex slaves to epic Estonians

And its why i scream in God's name for vengeance but he never answers. Imagine an empire biologically destroying people with multiculturalism but the mother country only getting a slap in the wrist and losing their empire. There is no Justice in this world.

Yes, I also believe in state propagannda or whatever meme arguments New State used to say to keep the colonies and not fall for decolonisation / winds of change, etc.

Modern portuguese are not guilty for some crimes of their forefather's, the same modern germans are not guilty for some crimes of their forefather's, same is valid with so many other countries, if you can´t understand this, then you can´t talk about justice.

I love Portugal but everybody looks slightly Arab. But they are as European and jsut as much of a part of Western civilisation as anybody else. You know that from all the beautiful churches and cathedrals. Being white is like a state of mind.

Currwnt state as in the lack of global influence/power/presence. If you don't know history then Portugal's stamp on the world is not evident. I reckon the same can be said for the Dutch, and almost all past empires, like the Mongols.

There's a half-breed mulatto screaming like a monkey outside my house. I don't even care. I want blood. It's just a pipe dream, but a man can dream and have hopes, even if it never happens.

But when did it peak...

Portuguese are not related to arabs whatsoever (by dna similarity). We are white atlantid and meds, don´t expect us to be nordics we were never that.

In the global power and presence prespective, of course i agree with you. We have 10.million population, it's insane to think we would remain a global power.

Because they are all slightly Arab. Do you not know history?

More med phenotypes doesn´t mean arab you dummy, it's related with the neolithic farmers(pre history).
See where we are, then see where arabs are. We are european stock

>There's a half-breed mulatto screaming like a monkey outside my house.

that's no way to talk about your dad

Why are Portuguese so racist? I thought you were cool.

Portugal was under Islamic rule for almost 500 years dude. Let alone the close vicinity of North Africa, and Southern Italy. You may be talking about the dark Saudi style Arabs, but don't try to act like the Portuguese aren't swarthy, and don't act like you don't know why, and don't act like you don't know what the Brit meant when he said Portuguese look slightly Arab.

>They managed to make them return to the sea by shooting clouds of arrows, but the "Vumbi" began to spit fire with a noise of thunder .... "
>Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle. >The hair grows on the backs of their hands, and their beards are red.
Ywn be European coloniser striking fear into the hearts of non-Europeans by your mere appearance.
Feels fucking bad man.

How did this turn into a Portuguese thread?

sage
Not funny

>

communist coup, many such cases

Of course... Australian users are the first to drop a racist comment. This is why Australia needs to be wiped off the face of the planet. Just glad Muslims are finally taking back what is rightfully theirs. Fuck Australia to damn hell.

Suebi people doing Suebi things

it's not arab, it's berber, don't disrespect our berber brothers like this ever again

well they were slaves when you guys got independence so it's mostly your fault, you could've send them back and have been a euromutt country with some kuruminha admixture

>Japanese selling themselves to others

Look up Karayuki-san. The Japanese are into self-cucking.

Mate,we have our cuisine and loan words in spread from Brasil to Japan.Our language is one of the most spoken in the world.It doesn't matter if europe gets obliterated by muslims,our legacy is immortalized in the tongues of more than 270 million people.
Now fuck off and go larp as whatever biggest dna heritage percentage you have.Is English even the native language of the people you larp as?

This was a theory propounded by a Brazilian sociologist and more or less officially adopted by the Portuguese state as propaganda to justify the continued existence of an overseas empire after colonialism became a taboo after the second world war. In reality there was never any socioeconomic or political equality with colonial natives.

Italy is definitely not one of them, hence you being triggered.

>gooked burgers
check 韓デリ

People befriended their slaves, more news ar 11

>american education
Yes, teach us how do we look, you have no clue at all burger

>Portugal was under Islamic rule for almost 500 years dude.

It was already proved that it left few impact on iberians, we were never replaced.

They are more white than you will ever be jamal

youtube.com/watch?v=9MzWm55Yfpk

Japan.., you guys always insane to me

Finland is on winter vacation, we're taking over the board on their part.

They did in Arabic
Because contrary to popular belief people for much of history found Europeans to look shockingly weird and ugly.

Though "whites" were known in the Sahel.

Looks pretty Arab to me. Might as well be Palestine.

Not a blond hair, or blue eye, in the bunch. Untermensch confirmed.

The americanmutts trying this hard, laughable

Well, we know the Portuguese try hard at nothing, which is why you lost your empire and influence. Southern Europeans are just lazy by nature these days, it seems.

>it seems

oh yea, netherlands, france or britain still have an empire too rotfl
We don´t want any empire, we just want to keep our national identity and our good quality of life and of course don´t end up like you.

We are Suebi though

Yes, that is the reason Samurai king got anger and killed Christians.