Why they are not making comedy movies like this these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8KszVtmbMs
youtube.com/watch?v=105WRJKs7OE
youtube.com/watch?v=koPEnaz0Qm8
youtube.com/watch?v=4p8_pqlJxmk
youtube.com/watch?v=pRva7z8pvwc
youtube.com/watch?v=dydrM7OOYao
youtube.com/watch?v=xM3gOPss4cg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're shit, you're just nostalgic over some shitty 90s movies

Because people don't have the balls to do them.

no market for that kind of comedy anymore, if they had to do it today, it would be filled with memes
and unfortunately, leslie nielsen is dead

It wouldn't fit with today's sense of humor. We only find it funny because back then it was the current style of humor and now because it's nostalgic. A movie like this with new actors wouldn't work.
I'm sure some must have tried but maybe we just didn't notice it simply because it's new.

Because people like

EPIC Movie

Friedburg and Seltzer killed the spoof genre.
Leslie Nielsen is dead.
Levity isn't allowed post-9/11.

Yesterday I watched this movie with my normie gf and she was laughing like crazy

Demoralisation is a key part in getting white people to accept heir genocide. That's why (((Hollywood))) isn't making comedies that are actually funny. That's why all new "comedies" are just Marxist propaganda. That's why you aren't allowed to be a popular comedian unless your schtick is "dude fuck white people lmao"

Because it actually involves writing jokes and bits and time and thought. Much easier just to have a character do something wacky and have another character say "holy fuck"

Seltzer and Friedman or whatever their names are, the guys from Date Movie, Epic Movie Disaster Movie etcetera...they beat the genre into the ground. And to some degree, that fucking Wayans retard was instrumental too. He sadly keeps making his shit movies (A Haunted House and 50 Shades of Black are probably even worse than Epic Movie).
youtube.com/watch?v=b8KszVtmbMs

Leslie Nielsen's death didn't help either.

Because the movie is old. A new movie like this wouldn't work.

because people don't have senses of humor anymore and are robot zombies. every year they become more like bovine.

The movies that it was parodying don't exist anymore. If someone tried to make a parody of modern movies they would probably fail because there isn't as much substance in mainstream film today. You can write great humor when you're working with memorable characters and tropes, but when there's no substance to something, you can't make a joke out of it.

>tfw gf doesn't get Naked Gun humour

thinking about ending it tbqh

Anyone have the gif/webm on them of him leaping from cover to cover in a completely empty room?

They are not shit. You're shit. End yourself.

This. You can't make fun of everything anymore.

>lol its just nostalgia the movie is actually shit

Fuck me...

What was your favourite gag from naked gun?
These baseball fragments before match cracked me up for good.
Also this moments when someone on the stadium yells
>"guys it's Enrco Palazzo!"

Gladly
youtube.com/watch?v=105WRJKs7OE

This scene reminded me of Naked Gun a little

>What was your favourite gag from naked gun?
Just the first one?
When he's frisking a guy at the Gala and he's grabbing Ed's pockets by mistake.

Why? there is no intelligence or wit in this. Stupid jokes still have to be funny

>My god! He was innocent!

Because it struck me as a parody of edgy cop movies of the time

Angie Tribeca kinda scratches that itch

Black dynamite
OSS 117 series

If you like zucker comedy you should try watch angie tribeca

Kill yourself you stupid fucking nigger.

Also I did find it funny the first time, particularly about half way down when it really sinks in they're just going to die

Not him but thanks user, looks right up my alley.

The internet neutered the comedy market. As the internet can be, for free, more outrageous, more controversial, and infinitely less safe than any corporate product.

The one where the rat pays him money for information

>leslie nielsen is dead
What the actual FUCK? I had to check it. It's true. My mind had blocked that somehow :(

when drebin goes to that factory and a guy is there to kill him and he says 'I've got a message from x' and starts shooting him and Drebin shouts'What? I can't hear you over the sound of the gun!'

It happened after he'd ruined his career with a number of legitimately horrible movies and everyone viewed it as a mercy, rather than tragedy.

nice beaver and when he got offered a cuban cigar

Because the 9/11 infinite warfare scam. Now everything is being broadcast to us from hell.

Dont be salty dude, he did a fuckton of great movies, some crappy ones wont ruin his legacy

Hence why his death was viewed as mercy. The movies he did up to his death have faded into obscurity and people don't even remember he died.

>'cuban?'
>no, dutch and my mother was from wales

The police squad episodes are great if anyone wants more. Few of the gags are repeated in the movies but still super comfy, only 6 of them I think?

millenials at it again being stupid and obnoxious.

youtube.com/watch?v=koPEnaz0Qm8

youtube.com/watch?v=4p8_pqlJxmk

>Now, Jane, what can you tell us about the man you saw last night?
>He’s Caucasian.
>Caucasian?
>Yeah, you know, a white guy. A mustache. About five-foot-ten.
>That’s an awfully big mustache.

When he's looking into the microscope with his closed eye makes me fuckign cry everytime.

>Smoke?
>Yes I know

Look at the top of his head!

Superhero Move wasn't that bad. I think one of the Zucker brothers was involved with the writing.

Didn't he say Dutch/Irish, my mother was from Wales?

It was as "good" as Scary Movie 4. That's the best compliment I can give.

youtube.com/watch?v=pRva7z8pvwc

i havent seen it for years but i just watched a clip and he says what you said but father, not mother

you are not as intelligent as you think you are, this applies to all of us. The key is knowing.

Because they require talent and imagination

What does my intelligence have to do with the intelligence required to write a decent stupid joke?
>LOL LETS HAVE OUR 2 COPS JUMP OFF THE ROOF
is dogshit writing, it's literally xD so randumb as opposed to funny world play and the like

The most recent film I can think of that was slapstick comedy style was Rat Race.

Did I say that that was intelligent?

Watch Angie Tribeca

It's not a movie but the show does this brand of comedy pretty damn well.

Parody movies were still doing okay in the early 2000s, but then they started cranking them out too often to make a quick buck. The quality took a nosedive and subsequently audiences got really sick of them. They've yet to really recover from that late 2000s Meet the Spartans low point.

There are no comedy actors these days.

In order to be truly good at comedy, you need to have great range. Leslie Nielsen had great range. He was a soap opera and TV star for ages before being in Airplane! and had tremendous clout. He knew timing and was able to make even the worst garbage funny because of it. The problem is that very few great actors go from serious roles to comedy, it's almost always the opposite (Tom Hanks, Jim Carrey) as they find out that their recognized range gives them much more fulfilling roles.

Also writers are fucking awful these days and rely on DUDE WEED LMAO as a get out of jail free card for humor.

this

I really think the reason we don't get movies like this anymore it because of foreign box office. Most of the jokes in the Naked Gun and Airplane won't work when you translate them into another language so each joke will have to be changed for each language. Surely, you can't be serious will not work when translated into German or whatever so they have to find another way make it funny.

Each and every joke.

For each and every language.

So if all your "jokes" involve farting, getting kicked in the nuts or falling down there will be no extra work.

The Barbie museum joke was absolutely amazing.

>Bingo!

Let's be fair here, 21 and 22 Jump Street were pretty funny. However, nothing will ever top Not Another Teen Movie.

DAMN!

This. Also, even in English, some people don't get the jokes. I think the television series got cancelled because it was too hard for audiences to follow.

>I could beat him blindfolded!
>And what if he's not blindfolded?
>I could still beat him!

Jeannie's got a gun...

The best line in the movie was "That's gonna stain".

They still make movies like in the OP

Check out the other guys

This was better than it had any right to be.

SHIT!

>from the guy who brought you Knocked up and Superbad
I'm glad that tagline wasn't on the posters I saw to put me off such a surprisingly funny film.
youtube.com/watch?v=dydrM7OOYao

Also had the best way to get around actors looking too old for their characters.

This. All the talented people gave up on the zany comedy genre and only the hacks we're left and they ruined it's image.

This isn't from the Naked Gun movies, but it's from Police Squad.

>Who are you and how did you get in here?
>I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

thats fucking great

>What did you say your name was?
>Olaf. I'm Swedish.
>Oh, come on. Are you really Swedish?
>No, not quite. My father's Finnish, and my mother's Russian.
>I could tell.

Iggy boo

Airplane and Naked Gun are universally funny

>The Naked Gun
>90s

fucking retard

>Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

Or when Sauvage is in Jane's apartment trying to kill her but then starts singing Barbara Streisand.
youtube.com/watch?v=xM3gOPss4cg

Easily GOAT movie

naked gun 3 came out in 93 and that was my first introduction to the series when i wa a kid.

there's plenty of slapstick and visual gags in Airplane and Naked Gun but yeah, the culture difference can actually matters. also don't call me Shirley.

a very diferent Zeitgeist

dunno if its just me but It seems that the current zeitgeist of western society (america in particular) is much more jaded and pessimistic now, pure comedies don't seem to attract people anymore

I'm Italian. Naked gun and other Nielsen movies are well known, and regularly transmitted on state tv

I'm not saying it's impossible to make these movies funny in other languages, I'm saying it's harder than just making a bunch of fart jokes that will need minimal translations.

Yes, and I'm sure that it cost much more to localize than any modern American "comedies" whose greatest extent of verbal comedy is weed jokes

Everyone thinks they're oppressed victims now, so there's no time for fun.

what's hard about this?

>we'll never get comedy kino like the Naked Gun or Airplane again

One of the reasons ABC gave for not renewing Police Squad for another season was because people had to actually pay attention to what the characters were saying to get the jokes.