Why do French people that learn to speak English fluently still sound like a stereotype...

Why do French people that learn to speak English fluently still sound like a stereotype? It's like they can't get rid of the accent at all.

>French """""people"""""

i'd like to imagine you speaking another language with that dumb povvo northerner accent

You two listen to Nigel;

Sorry lad but, American accent is manly and forceful. French accent is snooty and effeminate.

do americans even read posts before replying to them

I can actually imitate both the American and British accents pretty well when I'm alone. I just can't control my accent when I'm speaking to other people though.

Weird

Not really. It's just that I've always been good at voice exercises, but you don't have the time for that in a conversation.

>you don't have the time for that
Doesn't it take more time if they have to keep asking you to repeat yourself because of your accent? Besides, talking slowly to Americans is never a bad idea.

Is this what Americans unironically believe ?

>repeat yourself because of your accent
That doesn't happen.

atleast it's better than our accent. We sounds like faggots when we speak english

Most English words are awkward for us to pronounce compared to other language.

Then your accent must not be too strong.

most people can't get rid of their accents when learning a second language
I know some russians that live here and still have an accent after 40 years in the country.

Pewdiepie pretty much got rid of his accent

not completely if its long. your post is about as much as i'll bother with desu

generally if you learn a language before 10 years old you don't get an accent
it's much harder to overcome it if you learn it later in life

French accent isn't effeminate, their language is.

Their Rs are pretty specific, so it's probably pretty hard to switch out of it.

The basic American accent just sounds like the default to me.

no he didn't, he still sounds swedish

>speak italian with a dutch/german accent
Whoa... So this is the "majestic" French "language" I've heard so much about...

>be American
>try to banter French people at midnight

I thought you "people" take "siestas" all day/night?

No that's the Spanish, they're a bunch of lazy slobs

yes

only old people in the southern countryside

>tfw spaniards control france

funny that you mention russians of all countries. russian is so close to bulgarian. so i can't imagine their accents are that strong. imagine an algo speaking a slav language.

That depends. Not related to the French, just an observation. A lot of foreigners tend to mumble and use wrong intonation when they speak English. Yet listen to some foreign country officials. They speak with really funny accents but they articulate really well and use proper intonation and melody so they are easy to understand even though their accents are super thick.

I met a guy online who voice made sound like he was literally autistic. I didn't want to bring it up but then I saw a screenshot posted by him on Steam that was in French. Turns out he's French Canadian and I thought he was just autistic. He later said "Yeah, I'm pretty good at covering up my accent" and I didn't have the heart or balls to tell him.

He might've been both French Canadian and autistic. Lots of Québecois and Acadiens speak English with no accent whatsoever.

I thought French Canadians had a sexy accent because of Jean Renaud in Twin Peaks.

I think it's perceived as more masculine sounding than other Francophones. They sometimes still struggle with "th" but make a more manly D sound rather than the French Z sound.

>some foreign country officials
I always kinda liked the way African dictators sound.
Quebecers are the fucking worst.

I worked for six months in the US in 2010, it took me several weeks to get rid of the most cliché pronunciations, like saying "zee" instead of "the". It's just a matter of muscle training with the tongue and mouth, and it only goes away with daily training.

Friendly reminder that it's ok to bully Québec and Belgium for their accents.

I never understood accents. Just make the right sounds lol

>It's like they can't get rid of the accent at all
Why would they?

Wildly different phonology?

Les kop1 ?

Mon kop1

Copains pour toujours...

Comment faire pour empêcher notre fil de crever?
Parfois c'est très confit mais passé midi c'est du spam nonstop

Je suis CONFIT

Qui est CONFIT ici ?

It's our curse, our burden

English and any germanic based language is a pain in the ass to pronounce. Abuse of WWWW and air intake whenever you want to express yourself. Why even have the letter R in your alphabet if you're never gonna pronounce it?
Hell, japanese is piss easy to speak compared to english.

Probably. That's what happens with Spanish-speakers at least.

How sound the nargensimio average speaking english?

>tfw sound like a drooling retard when speaking english

fuck your """""""""r"""""""""

This apu is wholesome as fuck desu

>ici ?
stop messing about and close that gap

What were the deleted posts?

Ice c'est aigre

Alcool et juif vidéo, ça va

C'est bon les gars /fr/ a été nettoyé
en espérant qu'il n'y avait pas qu'un spammeur

qu'il n'y avait qu'un*

Je me le demande. C'est quand même colossal pour un seul homme.

>la fiotte attardée qui link mes posts en disant que c'est du spam

The French are a petty and pathetic people who thrive on tormenting the Anglo-Saxon. They can all speak English fluently but choose not to. They don't even speak French, it's all a ruse to fuck with the English. At home they speak the Queen's English. French is just moonbabble they make up on the spot to force the English to say funny words like Caoutchouc.

It's the peruvian native name, you dumb fuck.

Semantics you peasant, all words come from somewhere. It's still French.

It's a transliteration in French of "kaotchu" which is a quetchua name. It's not a French name, you absolute retard.

> all words come from somewhere
No fucking shit, I thought they appeared magically.

It is very clearly a French word if it is used in the French language. By your logic no language exists except proto-indoeuropean

As much of a french name as tomahawk is an english name.

Yes it is. It is used in the English language so I consider it a word in English. Why are the French so autistic about their moonbabble?

dude french are pretty fucking lazy too, you niggers open all your stores late and then have 2 hour lunches in the afternoon and then close your store at 3pm .

nah dude, I moved to west texas recently and this "manly" meme is not true, sure cowboys are manly but texas accent isnt manly it's nasely and high pitched.

watch french mafia movies and you can see french actually can sound manly when not spoken by a girl with a big nose

phonemelets

What's wrong with the English R?

I love you and your posts.

you're just mad because you live to work when we work to live

That's not laziness. We just see work as a means to an end and value ourselves, while Spanish people don't work.

The French are white niggers

i used to sound pretty american when speaking english but as i get older i'm starting to have a harder time covering up my quebecois accent

>while Spanish people don't work
rude

errrthing

people that speak subhuman romance languages will never get rid of the accent
>tfw

It's mislabeled, for once.

Not that it's hard to say, but it's hardly an "R"

Yes, more like a W

>implying

>implying he's not right

>american education