getcomics.info/marvel/marvel-adventures-collection/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No marvel character is good

Spidey is good.

No.

He's a great character.

He would be, with the right writer.
He's interesting

> He's really flawed, with heavy insecurities, he's stubborn, has mental issues et cetera.
> He wants to be the hero, but has a record of unintentional or intentional fucked ups.
> He's smart and creative.
> He's way, way reckless.
> He's a geek, both pop culture and science wise.
> He's a good liar.
> He has a liking for the fancy.
> He has some old fashioned ideas, and some very avant-grade ones.

In the right hands, with proper time to work, he could fun to read. Has a lot of space for growing, even at his age.
He's the Theon Greyjoy of Marvel Universe
Pls no bully

The thing about Pym is that writers weren't sure what to do with him for a while. He didn't have his own book long enough to get out of the round of Byronic, depressed Marvel characters.

In the 60s, most Marvel characters were depressed in one way or another. Tony had his heart problem, Cap missed Bucky, the Thing hated how he looked and Pym was sad about his wife and his relationship with Jan.

Not too shabby, but he needed a popular ongoing to help him build his character beyond that. But he never got it. He stayed depressed and it soon became his only defining personality.

I know some people don't like the idea of Hank Pym "going bad" but I genuinely think that Pymtron was one of the best things to have happened to his character in the longest while, mainly because it actually puts Hank at odds with his own creation in the most direct and existential way.

I like PymTron. He's been pretty good. I hope this arc won't be the end of it.

Yep

Pym's caught in a kind of weird catch 22. He'll never get another ongoing because he's not a big enough/popular character, he's not a big character because he hasn't had an ongoing since the 60s.

He's a big character (comic wise, I think, not general public), but most writers feel he fits better within the team dynamic of the Avengers.

Nowadays the character is tarnished because of Millar and Chuck Austen making the Janet slap not only a core part of his character, but a core part of how the hero and civilian community see him instead of a founding Avenger.

>puts Hank at odds with his own creation in the most direct and existential way.

It's like making a big mistake but you just have to live with it LITERALLY.

Since this is practically a Hank Pym thread, what are the essential Hank Pym comics that people would recommend?

I just wish he didn't go full evil so fast. Like sure, his personality isn't full Pym, but rather half (maybe mostly?) Ultron, but instead of him going full villain they play it like they did with the 'superior' series and we get a kind of an anti-hero/chaotic good Pymtron that rubs everyone the wrong way while still pursuing heroic deeds, or at least not a directly antagonistic agenda.

And that's essentially what we got at the start of his appearance in Uncanny Avengers, but of course the main cast is suspicious and they out a very menacing, mostly ultron-like figure. I think there's still room to develop the character into something more, but I'll be disappointed if he becomes just another another new flavor of villainous Ultron.

Avengers AI is a great read. Really wish it had stayed around. The recent Ant-Man annual (with Scott Lang) is also pretty fun. It deals with Pym's issues but through Scott's eyes, which is always fun.

All of these + Rage of Ultron and Avengers AI

Avengers the Initiative Avengers Academy Mighty Avengers and Antman and Wasp

I don't disagree with you. I'm kind hoping too that this won't be the end of it because it feels like it's going way too fast. I like how it started out with the suspicions but I was hoping they'd take their time playing this out as a new persona for Hank before going full Ultron all of a sudden just to throw some conflict into the story.

Nice, I've been meaning to read up more on Hank so I truly appreciate it.

I'm getting bored of decompression in comics, so I appreciate that they aren't dancing around the issue and are directly addressing it.

But I think there's still a chance they could play around with whether or not Hank is fully controlled with Ultron, or if Ultron is just playing off Hank's insecurities to fuel himself and fuck with the Avengers' heads.

He's a bad man, and that makes him a good character.
Marvel seems to have realized that recently.

I just want Scientific Adventurer back.

>He's a bad man
You shut your whore mouth.

Oh no! P-p-p-please don't hit me again, Hank!

Maybe you shouldn't try to take advantage of the mentally ill then play the victim when it backfires.

Trial of Yellowjacket is most underrated Avengers story. It's so great

Hank is finally fulfilling his destiny as the Avenger's greatest ANTagonist.

>Iron Man: Replaced by sassy black teenager
>Thor: Replaced by cancer-ridden LI
>Hulk: Dead and replaced by Herc's Boy Wonder
>Pym: Cyborg
>Janet: Fucked Havoc

The times sure have changed.

You were stung as a child, weren't you?

jimshooter.com/2011/03/hank-pym-was-not-wife-beater.html/

HE'S LYING AND COVERING HIS ASS!!!11

-IronMan : Replaced by a black guy during a drinking binge.
-Thor : Replaced by a space-horse.
-Hulk : Replaced by RedHulk affirmative action.
-Pym : Replaced by a large and shirtless Clint Barton and Paul Rudd.
-Janet : Replaced by Hank Pym as the all new all different Wasp!

no, is the best

I hope when Hank meets his daughter he's actually nice to her since she's yet to let him down in any way

I hope that when he meets her she turns into Ultron too.
It's going to become a running gag at some point, so why not embrace it?

you'll get him back when the avengers say sorry.

APOLOGIZE. NOW!!

there's a good chance that'll happen since
A) she was raised in russia's red room, so has a lot of baggage
and
B) there's a quite likely chance she's a sleeper agent for Kang

I don't think she's even been referenced in Uncanny yet.

Who's a good writer for hank? What's his "defining" run if he has one?

I'd probably jump on Marvel's dick face first if they gave Pym his own book.

Probably Remender or Waid.

He's never had a "defining" run, because he's never actually had a solo.

>pic
Does they remember he was actually on some mind-altering shit when he slapped Wasp?

thanks

>They're not called "Richards particles"

He could be but no-one's ever really done anything worthwhile with him
Also Yellowjacket is literally the only good costume he's ever had

Wasp' costume was great. Elegant and old fashioned in a Zeon style. I like it.

t. a Feddie.

He was canon on some crazy juice of some kind, I think maybe a bad batch of Pym particles(?) but that's not the super excuse you think it is.
How many abusive husbands would get a free pass with "But officer, I was drunk when I hit her."

He accidentally inhaled some chemicals that induced some kind of split-personality state. It's a bit different from getting drunk.

>Wasp
>Yellowjacket
>others are hidden on attic

Pym's one of my favourite Marvel characters, not sure what's been going on with him lately, what do I need to read after Rage of Ultron, to follow this Pymmtron and daughter stuff?

Not the daughter stuff, but definitely for the Pymtron stuff.

I wish I could fine the Marvel Adventures Hank Pym comics online, because the few pages I've seen from it were delightful.

He returns as Pymtron in the recent run of Uncanny Avengers.

The slap is kind of hilarious in retrospect because if you look at this shit objectively Jan got what she had coming to her. She took a man with a serious mental illness who needed to be brought to a professional and given treatment and took advantage of his illness and basically tricked him into marrying her.

Which is it's own share of drama and kind of pales in comparison to the creation of a genocidal AI that's gone on to conquer entire alien empires.

Rage of Ultron-> Uncanny Avengers. Daughter appears in some All-New Avengers issues. She'll get solo so that's neat. Sorry Janetfags. I love her too, but you know what is state of Marvel now.

getcomics.info/marvel/marvel-adventures-collection/

Loved him as Wasp.
Was really disappointed when he went back to Giant-Man in Avengers Academy.

>Reed said the exact same shit to Pete when he discovered those Alpha particles

What an asshole

Hey, I'm just happy Janet gets to be in Uncanny Avengers.

I wonder if Marvel's gonna keep the Teen Wasp solo going despite the inevitable terrible sales.
My gut's saying yes, since she is (essentially) in the MCU.

Thanks, user. I apologize for what was probably my pretty easy to read hope someone would help me out.

Here's probably one of the most unexpected artists I ever would've thought I'd see doing an Ant-Man varient. I'd read the fuck out of Hank going on bizarre, hilariously messed up science adventures by Q Hayashida.

Well, I'll be buying it. It'll last longer than Black Knight no matter it is.
I'll probably storytime it in 20-ish minutes.

Alright, here we go.

Remember when Sandman was Avenger?

Spot the employee of Beyond Corporation.

Man this cover is already great. This and Spider-Man marvel adventures is making me realize that actually writing for "children" isn't so bad for comics when you actually make it good and enjoyable writing. Certainly a hell of a lot nicer than the dumb soap opera crap flitting from one event to another.

If nothing else, you get full story in twenty pages.
And that is good.

That too. The single issue story is a lost art. I can sort of see why, of course. Even this issue, much as I like it, is moving oddly fast for me.

Art really dumbed out here.

Single issues are fillers/team goes shopping! and what not nowadays. Shame, really.

>Ant-Man turns Sandman into an ant farm
Yeesh, that's pretty brutal. An amusing match of the characters too.

And it won't let me post last page because of End.

Thanks for the read.

Oh fuck, what issue is this from?

Slott's Mighty Avengers.

Thanks user, I appreciate it

I really wish Marvel would give him a consistent personality. Pacifist Pym from EMH was best Pym.

How unfortunate that we probably won't see absurd and outrageous feats like shrinking an earthquake with PymTron.

it was such a bad reasoning too.
Giant-Man is definitely not what Pym is known best as.

i want the old times back

This. fuck this depressed mental illness shit