What did you think about it Sup Forums?

What did you think about it Sup Forums?

Dope.

Overrated, but in a good way. As in the forced attempt to push a narrative that this is a new fantastic 'classic' Batman story actually benefitted in the long run. By itself, its okay.

Is it different from most Batman issues in your opinion?

Hush's Identity was supposed to be obvious from the second issue right? "Mystery" aside it's a basic check the box of every major Batman and situation. Not exceptional but certainly readable

Kinda sucked. Too much nonsense with too many characters, and the ending was incredibly unsatisfying on all accounts.

I enjoyed it for the art and BatCat, but that's it.

No. Still dope though.

Mystery sucks and Hush sucks, but it's pretty good Batman 101

i loved it

fantastic fucking art

it's very micheal bay-ish and kinda stupid but i enjoyed it for what it is

Batman 101 in what way?
This is the first Batman issue I have read

book throws all of Bat characters at you all at once and in a sweeping arc goes through most of them

It has a lot of the supporting characters and goes through their relationship with Batman and most of their origins, and almost every a list villain shows and Batman narrates about them too.

Yeah
So many characters kind of put me off
Any other issues that focus on fewer characters?

It suffers from classic Jeph Loeb "oh shit everyone figured out the bad guy I better change the ending so I look clever" syndrome.

Which is why we got that "IT WAS THE RIDDLER ALL ALONG" ending.

It's a good intro to Batman, and dc in general. An example of Lee not going too overboard. Its not great, and I'm pretty sure Loeb changed the ending halfway through from return of Jason Todd, but whatever. It got me hooked into comics a long time ago, so despite the story flaws, I can forgive it

Good as a Riddler playing chessmaster with the rogues gallery kind of story but bad because of the very creation of Hush as an actual character instead of as an enigmatic persona.

Art is amazing, the script isnt pretending to be anything but run of the mill superheroics and it does that well, I dont want to call it mediocre because it was really entertaining but it wasnt anything else but a well done script, not too spectacular and not bad.

Ending is ok and I think this arc set up a bunch of good threads that got developed in the future into decent stories.

I GOTTA CERTAIN LITTLE WOMAN SHE'S ON A-MY MIND.

Probably one of the best entry level comics out there, and was pretty entertaining made better by great art

Shit art
Shit story
highly overrated
Not even in my top 30 Bat stories

list your top 10
legit curious

In no particular order, my top Batman stories from the top of my head would be:
Batman RIP, Arkham asylum, DKR, Year one, Batman and Robin must die, Arkham Asylum, Dark knight dark city, Golem of Gotham, City of crime, Venom, Prey, First tale of the demon, Strange apparitions, Ratcatcher and Penguin stories from Grant's run, Joker two parter by Barr, Killing Joke, Mortal Clay.