Was it better than Aliens Sup Forums?

Alien 3 (assembly) > Aliens (DX) > Alien (DX) > Aliens > Alien > Alien 3 > Alien 4 (DX) = Prometheus (DX) > Prometheus > Alien 4 = Covenant > AVP & AVP 2

Aliens>Alien Resurrection>Alien Covenant>Alien>Alien 3 Special Edition>Prometheus

>Alien 3 as #1
This is absolutely the only proper answer, disagree with the rest though.

3 > 1 > Prometheus > AvP > 2 > 4 > AvPR

I've not seen Covenant yet. AvP is definitely the most underrated of the franchise now that people are starting to realise how great 3 is, up until the girl teams up with the Predator and things get really action-y, the tense sci-fi atmosphere is right up there with 1, 3 and Prometheus, and the scenes with all the Weyland Corp guys rolling up to the arctic captured the best parts of Aliens too.

Don't even fucking talk if you haven't watched Covenant and THAN put AVPR in your top-tier list...what a faggot.

no but it made some good attempts.

but honestly aliens might be the most overrated movie of all time, it honestly ruined the alien franchise

shit taste

anyone who puts Alien 3 as number one is okay in my book

aliens is so fucking shit, the story of how they lost the colony at first would have been better than the trash we got "thats it game over man, game over" jesus christ
"YO stop your grinnin and drop your linen"
what kind of a fucking hack wrote this dialog

>THAN
then*

>AVPR in your top-tier list
That's a list of all the films I've seen you moron, and I ranked it bottom.

>Don't even fucking talk if you haven't watched Covenant
I don't see how Covenant will change what I think about the other films.

>"thats it game over man, game over" jesus christ
This guy is supremely annoying and ruins every scene he's in.

>check it out, I'm a badass
>check it out, guns

A fucking AWESOME and talented director.

Alien > Aliens > pile of steaming shit > everything else in the franchise.

Daily reminder: Runner Alien is the best xeno

rotted decayed flesh > bio mechanical aesthetic

good things about alien 4

- smart aliens
- body horror elements

something which is entirely lacking from alien 2 which is just a decently made action flick about dumb bugs

So wouldn't you say that Resurrection is superior to Aliens both in horror, tension and style?

Aliens visual aesthetic fucking sucked during moments.

I'd also mention Winona Ryder's performance, she consistently stole the show and was pretty much the only morally decent person in the movie. And I like how that in itself became a plot point. Brad Douriff too, it was a shame he didn't get longer to shine.

the problem with alien 4 is that its too trashy and generally not well written.

it just does more with the alien creature than cameron did in alien 2.

who?

Thanks, I agree man besides the part about it being trashy. Resurrection was fucking cool and fun to watch!

James Cameron? Are you retarded?

This meme has gotten out of hand.

Alien=Aliens>Alien3>Everything else

Correction

>Alien=Aliens>Resurrection>Everything else

Not that guy but I'd have to reluctantly disagree

>horror, tension
Okay, it was pretty horrific in the body horror way that's been mentioned, but I didn't really feel any tension or fear because the characters were all complete scumbags except for Call, who was a robot, I didn't give a shit about any of them. Ripley needed to be destroyed for the same reason the Xenos did, and they missed an opportunity to explore that. Then all the protagonists are pirates that kidnapped humans for military medical experiments for money, that's evil, they deserved death. There was a moment of tension when you discover it's heading for Earth, but then that turns out to be completely misplaced because it's uninhabited.

>style
Maybe. There's some good shots, but there's also a lot of silly cheap ones (they seemed to use a weird sort of sitcom style of filming with the scenes involving the station commander guy which didn't work at all), and though Aliens is a poorly written film, it at least looks okay for the most part, some very dated model shots with the armoured land vehicle though.

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY YOU LITTLE BITCH>!?

>James Cameron
surely you must be mistaken as you previously wrote:
>fucking AWESOME and talented director
he's neither and he hasn't made anything out of the ordinary, he's a hack that used the money from his pleb movies to fund his cocaine shipping business.

Alien>Aliens>Isolation>shit=the rest

This is also acceptable.

I can tell you that Covenant is the worst not featuring Predators.

>I agree man besides the part about it being trashy

ripley with super powers
ron perlmans character
the dude who kills someone through suicide by chestburster
the death of the alien hybrid
the entire ladder scene

there was just too much shit in there that i cant take this movie entirely serious.

too bad since the ripley clones and the new alien hybrid were disgusting as fuck, especially the birth that gets narrated by the android dude. that was alien kino

hard to argue with this tbqh, only thing you can really change is aliens>alien

>smart aliens

they were always "smart", user

not really.
in aliens they managed to cut the power, oh wow

they still died in droves and needed a queen to reproduce. also the queen decided to get a 1v1 fight against a robot for some reason (and lost)

perfect organism my ass

come on man, now you are just bashing to bash...

Yeah, except he made the two highest grossing movies ever so...

Anything else is wrong

Alien>>>>Covenant>Prometheus>Aliens>3

Don't know where to put Resurrection, cause I think it might be a comedy but I'm not sure.

>Alien>>>>Covenant>Prometheus>Aliens>3
Show your working

>cut power
>crash aerial vehicles
>follows directives telepathically
>ride fucking elevators

so dumb

>they still died in droves and needed a queen to reproduce.

Just like all xenos do, the only reason why it didn't happen in 4 was because they were cloned from DNA on Fury 161. Every alien other than the newborn that you saw was a drone in the same sense as they were in Aliens.

>also the queen decided to get a 1v1 fight against a robot for some reason

if you are referring to the power loader, xenos can detect organic material. pretty self explanatory.

>perfect organism my ass

Yeah, I guess that explains why Weyland-Yutani has control over the species and nearly everyone who has ever come into contact with a xeno has lived to tell about it...

>crash aerial vehicles
bursting out of a pilot and then dying isnt smart.
now if the little shit waited till the vtol landed somewhere with more population, that would be smart.

in alien 1 and 3 only 1 xeno died and it was a joint effort. in covenant 2 xenos die in a joint effort.

alien 2 started the shit with expendable aliens

>xenos can detect organic material. pretty self explanatory.

why would the queen go for it though? they dont even eat organic material. let the fighting for someone who isnt cruicial for your species survival, especially since cameron removed eggmorphing

>bursting out of a pilot and then dying isnt smart.

Agree to disagree. It is when they are, as you say, expendable. Not sure if you are as much of a fan of the comics, but dying to them is literally of no consequence when they only have one task at hand: to kill anything that serves as a threat to the collective of the xenomorph species at any chance they see fit.

As you also have stated, they even see themselves as expendable when they ganged up on the weaker xeno and killed it to suit their needs in that given situation in 4.

>alien 2 started the shit with expendable aliens

which is why Alien 3 and Alien are better desu

>why would the queen go for it though? they dont even eat organic material

Because the queen knew the power loader was being controlled by a sentient/organic being that could potentially kill her. It knew of newt's presence which is why she was grabbing for her, and just completely destroyed Bishop. The queen wanted to plant an ovomorph/ use the queen face hugger, as seen in Alien 3, to restart the hive once more.

Aliens (DC) > Aliens > Prometheus >>>>> Covenant > fanfiction shit