How will abolishing Net Neutrality affect the way we watch shows online?

How will abolishing Net Neutrality affect the way we watch shows online?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2014/11/13/net-neutrality-is-a-bad-idea-supported-by-poor-analogies/#44da9da0dc8f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>having the government regulate something is the free speech issue of our time.
Couldn't possibly be that the govt has not let the market be competitive which would make the regulation unnecessary

Why do people think being censored by non-government entities is a first amendment issue? Are Americans really this dumb?

I would say Americans are dumb if they want to abolish net neutrality

Yes they are

ISPs won't just block websites because it's bad for their profits you retarded reddittor.

The internet was fine before net neutrality and it will be fine after it. Stop parroting whatever Jon Oliver tells you

Maybe you should read the quote more closely. He's saying it's on the same level of importance as the First Amendment not that it's a First Amendment issue.

wtf I thought Trump would make America great again

Isn't net neutrality an abridgment of freedom?

>ISPs won't just block websites because it's bad for their profits

the big three cable companies do a lot of petty shit that's bad for their profits.

Only for big ISP companies

So the answer is yes

Trump has interests outside of the internet

He's focusing on real american shit like getting the midwest operating at full capacity again

we don't have time for none of this internet bs anymore

we're getting back to work, fixing our infrastructure, and harvesting the bounty of the earth be it mineral or organic.

trump and his prime coalition are focused on these goals; not whether you'll get your youtube videos ten seconds delayed

this
How are you going let this AT&T, Verizon, and Comcast have this power when they are like the shittiest companies in the world.
I cancelled my contract with Comcast yesteday because they lied straight to my fucking face that my internet wasnt working because of an outage, went on to say that the outage was fixed, and went back to saying the outage was still being fixed. They really think customers are idiots.

This nigga some dumb fuck goy

In European continental legal doctrine it's called "Drittwirkung".
It is not an "American concept".

Dumb cheetowigger doesnt know what hes doing, stop deluding yourself. The wall is a complete failure

What happened to that wall people were talking about? Has he done that yet? Sorry mate I'm not American

Learn to read for fuck sake.

>giving a fuck about ISPs you don't even use

You should probably switch to something else.

it won't what they are arguing for is exactly what we have now

The entirety of your knowledge about Trump has been fed to you by people who hate Trump. You have no idea what he is getting done. You think it is "nothing" because that is what your rockstars tell you.

>learn to learn

Except you will have to pay $5 extra for a Sup Forums season pass

He is getting lots of pushback but there is some progress in the planning and contracting. It will take a long time to start.

Try getting out of your own echo chamber first before telling others to do the same.

(((Franken)))

wtf I have to get a job and socialize IRL now! Fuck you Drumpf

>You have no idea what he is getting done.
European vacations out of fear of pending investigations?

Think of this, paying for internet is like paying to use a library. Net neutrality guarantees that you can have equal chances to read all books (Even if you don't). If this stops it mean your internet provider can decide WHICH books you can read or HOW MANY pages of certain books you can read per day.

The same way, if your internet provider decides that Hulu or Netflix is competing against their own platform they can "decrease" their speed, give a download cap or simply block the entire site. Now piratefags are not worried, but they seem to forget that some companies set bait torrents to catch pirates, and Comcast was catched sending "empty packets" of data to bittorrent so download speed were slower.

>Al Franken
That's all I needed to know.
Fuck Net Neutrality

>a jew is for net neutrality so i'm against it!

That's how the Jews manipulate your puny mind.

I monitor left and right sources. Only way to know how badly both are full of shit.
Amazingly, the left have really upped their shit game. Worst yellow journalism in my lifetime. Never expected to dislike the left more than the right. Strange times.

Because the age of internet as a monopoly utility is coming to an end with the advent of fiber.

Franken cannot talk a straight line ever ... ever. Also a crook.
Biggest equivocator of the decade. Democrats should quietly expunge him.

Free market competition in telecommunications would have meant cargonets of dead wires along every street in the US.

Just look at any third world country's wire situation.

Utilities can't be free market, as there isn't enough space for infrastructure for everyone to lay/hang their own lines.

>You have no idea what he is getting done.
Working on his short game?

Because the first amendment was written when governments were the most powerful entities on earth, to protect people from tyranny.

Now corporate entities buy and sell governments.

LOL XD WE NEED A FREE AND OPEN WEB JUST LIKE PROFESSOR HOROWITZ TOLD US IN MY SOCIAL SCIENCES CLASS

Go back to fucking reddit, summerfag. Sup Forums is pro enhanced internet.

I work for an ISP, you don't want these companies having free reign to dictate how you use the internet. Also don't use ISP email accounts, get a goddamn gmail or yahoo or w/e.

Also if your wifi sucks it's because you're a moron or you live in a ghetto stack.

I shit on your mouth and balls

Is this the network neutrality version of "the Chans were always white supremist?"

>man this Sup Forums website is drawing a lot of our bandwith
>I'm just going to throttle the entire site
>those morons can wait a bit longer for their hentai pictures to load anyway
>Sup Forums can wait forever as far as I'm concerned they wanted to get rid of net neutrality anyway so it's not like they'll protest
>they can get a better subscription if the speed isn't good enough for them

>please control what data i can view and publish on the internet

Good goy.

Are you retarded? The First Amendment is literally govt. regulation telling private interests that they cannot limit speech or access to speech.

Fuck Sup Forums libertarians

Negro that would mean he's tossing your salad and fucking your tight little boipucci

>The internet was fine before net neutrality and it will be fine after it. Stop parroting whatever Jon Oliver tells you
kek
Comcast already imposes a fucking data cap on me. Forgive me for not bending over and letting them ravage the entirety of my asshole, you cucklord.

one good thing about not having net neutrality would be companies controlling how much these fucking retards can shitpost with their contrarian bullshit

>Netflix will count double towards your weekly bandwith limit because they do not sponsor the ISP
>the ISP's own library of movies will only count towards half of your weekly bandwith limit
>torrenting is consistently throttled and monitored
>please upgrade to the super user subscription if you want to enjoy third party services more

I'm 18 and proud to have voted Trump in my first election, the post

>implying

Freedom isn't always perfect but it is always superior to the alternatives.

When will "fuck net neutrality, competition is healthy!" Trump cucks address the fact that Comcast and Verizon lobbyists pay Republicans to write legislation that make it next to impossible to create an ISP competitor to Comcast or Verizon?

>haha what? You want to use a VPN? Sure thing, just drop another $250 a month for our corporate package!

>The internet was fine before net neutrality and it will be fine after it.

Fuck you, the reason we got net neutrality is because companies started throttling speed.

(((They're))) going to get rid of NN eventually, and (((they))) won't stop until it happens. Might as well get it over with.

The only reason not to support net neutrality is if you're a wealthy shareholder in an ISP or a pathetic cuck contrarian.

You literally favor censorship so that other people can get rich while you get shittier, more expensive service, you faggots.

Around the same time they realize they were rendered irrelevant in 2010 by the citizens united ruling.

>Muh BLIMPH

Kys retard

Way to be a cuck
though you're right about them winning eventually

This. I live in an area where Comcast is literally the only fucking option. Sucks dick, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

To be fair, the only way they'll get rid of network neutrality is if the Fortune 500 companies that rely upon it decide, for some reason, not to lobby maintain it.

As the current state of the US democracy is corporate interests engaged in spending wars without any sort of upper limit, and the winners get to write the laws the rest of us have to live by.

You got played mate. Drumpf pretended to care about you but instead he took away you're freedom
>They're going to get rid of NN eventually
Yeah this is the most annoying thing. Even if we win this battle they'll still come back again and again untill they win

So why are (((they))) against this like the guy in OP's post?

>mid west farmers are more valuable to the U.S economy then high speed stock traders and a whole host of service based occupations

Kek

This is you trying your damnedest to be as contrarian as possible. It comes off as very childish

Lol but thats 100% completly wrong though.

See how facebook and Twitter censor speech without the government doing squat about it.

Private companies can ultimately decide what to do with their properties.

That's not equivalent to companies limiting a person's access to certain sites or putting them behind a pay wall.

>ISPs block torrent websites completely if the MPAA threatens them with a big enough lawsuit
>w-we must protect Net Neutrality, guys! upboat this comment to save Net Neutrality!
It's already dead, idiots.

It probably won't have a huge effect on us, but if it were abolished I would guess that over time we'd be paying more for services we don't need.

Abolishing it won't suddenly spur competition in the market place, the capital costs are too high and it's too legally and technically complex for a new entrant to lay a bunch of fiber or whatever. You can look at what happened to even the mighty Google when they tried to roll out google fiber, stymied for years by lawsuits and bullshit at every turn by the old cable companies. The ironic thing is that the government created these monolithic telecoms in the first place, but they're also the only ones who can keep the gouging to an acceptable minimum.

If NN was rolled back you wouldn't see people charging hundreds of dollars to torrent shit or blocking websites outright, that's not how these guys work. It will be a gradual nickel and diming over decades, until when we're old as shit young people won't believe that we only payed $60 a month for internet-- because the AT&Comcast Triple Play is $210 per month. I would expect bundled packages to become absolutely mandatory if it were rolled back as well. It's not the end of the world or anything, just another fucking annoyance.

Yea but this is the current situation without the supposedly '"""""anti net neutrality""" legislation that makes internet access shit.

Fact it is current local regulation that prevents companies like google from expanding and choking all competition.

I submitted a comment criticizing the rollback of the NN rules and support categorizing broadband under Title II, but the First Amendment applies only to the government. The government can't restrict your speech. A private company can in many cases, although it depends on the situation.

Am sorry but this is bullcrap, currently the internet access for a lot of places is garbage and you are worried about some freaking cables?.

At most ppl have like 1 or 2(as most) options in a lot of places and local government actively prevents any more.

Im sure theres an alternative to share the damn cable lines or build more.

I'm utterly pleased that I live in a modern country where net neutrality is as natural as breathing and removing it would be considered criminal. What gets me is that there are Americans who actually support abolishing net neutrality. They'd support eating shit too, I imagine.

>Net neutrality is repealed
>Americans are blocked from Sup Forums
And how is this bad ? Based Trump

>Sup Forums goes away
>3rd worlder goes to his own country's websites
oh wait there aren't any

Americans are fat and also dumb

Even better, I don't know why people still visit this shithole.

Conservatives should be gassed.

Yeah, everything will be banned and you'll have to pay your ISP $100/m extra to watch any videos & $50 to access Sup Forums

Just like it was before NN was introduced 2 years ago

It really feels like if a democrat said oxygen is good Sup Forums would condemn it as "the gaseous jew".

Politics is a hell of a drug

>censored

Doesn't work that way you moron. Only government can censor. Apple not selling sausages isn't censoring, it's business choice.

Give one (1) good argument for net neutrality. Why should black lives matter dot com steal bandwidth from sites that people actually use, like facebook and Sup Forums? Enhanced internet is the future, deal with it, and get off my fucking board.

It would just mean a mass normie purge from Sup Forums. Oldfags and ubernerds would have full reign of the website again.

I for one can't wait. It is going to be so fucking good.

I never imagined i'd see the day where Sup Forums users would be so passionately for Net Neutrality. Oh, how things have changed.

As someone who uses the computer to browse Sup Forums and occasionally watch YT videos how will NN affect me? I've tried googling it but all I get is 10 REASONS WHY NET NEUTRALITY IS LITERALLY HITLER and shit.
I don't give a shit about muh Netflix streaming speed. The fact that Zuckerberg and all the NWO are in favor of it makes me wonder.

how's that wall coming

t. user who doesn't understand how the internet works

what is net neutrality

hows locking her up going

I've been hearing about it for years now and never once gave a shit what it is about. Seems like some sort of fear mongering political thing. Nothing has ever changed.

Dumbass, see

t. rebbitor that can't read a fucking article

>forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2014/11/13/net-neutrality-is-a-bad-idea-supported-by-poor-analogies/#44da9da0dc8f

Found the Drumpfaggots that parrots whatever Alex Jones or Sean Hannity tells him

That's exactly what he said. Fuck me, why are so many people on this site nearly illiterate?

Has MAGA going Cletus?

First it was funny, then it was inspiring, now it's just sad.

The Trump meme is dead.

If your ISP decides Sup Forums is too controversial on their network, they'll block it. If they decide you're a fat loser who watches too much, they'll throttle your hentaistreams.

Are you people this stupid? Companies won't block Sup Forums. They'll improve their service by making you pay for it as part of an "adult service" package. A forced subscription will keep all the normies off the website.

Net Neutrality obligates ISP's to treat traffic the same across the board. So they can't give a faster speed for using a service they provide (like a Comcast owned version of youtube or some shit) or slow you down for going to a different one.

Without it they could also do things like charge you extra for social media related things or whatever the fuck they want really. Basically getting rid of it opens the door for corporations to nickle and dime you for shit you already get at a fixed price just so they can please their greedy shareholders and opens the door for increased corporate censorship of the internet.

On the flip side I have heard some argue that net neutrality is bad because it would prohibit an ISP from blocking shit like terrorist propaganda sites or other bad things like that but imo it's a weak argument, you're just giving a company the right to decide what's good or bad for you and you know some of them will say this site is bad (it is but that's beside the point).

>I don't give a shit about muh Netflix streaming speed.
The people who do are going to get priority form the ISPs since they're potential sources of more money.
Sup Forums is an evil hate website that you don't have to pay for, why would an ISP waste their time allowing unlimited access to it when Stacy is willing to pay an extra $19.99/mo for the new Netflix super-speed package?

Conservashits and Drumpfaggots unironically vote against their economic interests

Money. They want to make money. If NN exists, they can't make more money. They want more money. Get rid of NN. More money.

i.e. far-right Zionist ((((((Sup Forums))))))-cucks wanting to pay their firms more money so they get into people's personal business like they do with the NSA just here to make more side money because they absolutely love money

in other other words - money money money cash cash cash bling gold riches wealth money money cash cash $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more money for me yes (((me))) fuck you I love Donald Trump he's gonna help us get richer money money money $$$$$$$$$$$$ cash cash money

capiche?