What's life like here? I mean, since it's a First World country and simply because it's Britain...

What's life like here? I mean, since it's a First World country and simply because it's Britain, it's obviously a fine place to live. But, is it really that great? I see so many immigrants and refugees who are like dead set on going to the UK. There are other options. Is it just ignorance?

I was talking with a fellow student in my residence hall about living outside the US and he said he would only live in London or Bristol. What the hell? The UK is a powerhouse, but it's quite crowded. I don't know, it just seems overrated to me. I saw a couple BBC Question Times and I got the impression that a lot of the laymen and common folk are not living well. If I were to move to Europe, I would honestly not overcrowd Britain any more and just move to somewhere like Finland or Croatia. I guess I'm asking more about why immigrants are obsessed with the UK.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0gm5L0y4qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Culturally better then Canada in a lot of ways. You have some overbearing 'safety culture' and people are really against gun ownership which is a pain in the ass. But most people are far more open to actually socialize, lots of festivities, Class differences are a lot easier to see - food is very expensive and housing is smaller but there are more cultural centers.

Some areas have been colonized by Muslim filth and it is disgusting. In contrast, Canada is far less dense so our Muslim problems aren't as apparent. Canadian in general are very passive aggressive and will never actually be forthcoming with people - do not appreciate dark humor as much as the British. Women in Canada are also universally known for being batshit crazy.

Its pretty nice in England at least

>All blacks and muslims are in London, so if you don't live in London, the area you are in is always at least 85% white minimum
>Can laugh at Scotlands latest butthurt antics
>Have bro tier Wales nearby and Ireland across some water for a pint
>Did I mention we're something like 90% white? Shit is baller

Overall pretty good here. Except London. Stay the fuck away from London. Its pretty much our nigger storage section.

was just about to start a brit hate thread. noticehow quiet they are, and how brit Sup Forums has disappeared?
each time I went into the group-- despite fighting for brexit harder than any of them, and told them Mat was a snake and thry were getting fuckedover, I got cursed at.
now that I'm right, no article 50 AND is keeping the eu courts and " human rights," they are nowhere to be seen.
may has fucked them. I feel bad for the old ppl who actually voted, not the pricks here. fuck the brits, future centre of caliphate.

>and how brit Sup Forums has disappeared?

Its 8:44AM you fucking mong

>no article 50
We have 2 years to sort negotiations out, and PM has said it will likely be triggered on January 1st.

Stop being retarded.

Jesus fuck. Are you drunk user?

The upper and upper middle class are living fine, I'm literally above the peasants which means I can't get flooded. Although we should have already built another school in my city but we can't agree where to put it. Pakis really are filling up the school system
But generally life is great at the moment if you don't impulse buy and are healthy
NHS is giving me my medication on time with enough tax to pay back although we do still get Nigerians that come here on holiday and oh look they broke their arm in the hotel. Seriously America needs to implement the NHS and our firearm policies and the murder rate would go down exponentially as you can't do a driveby with a knife now can you
But my grass isn't growing so well
Apart from that it's fine being one of the best countries economically, culturally and historically

I would not underestimate the inefficacy of the American education system.

Considering the timezone difference I'll say either drunk or bitter that jerking off didn't make him feel better

go cneck the DM, although you'll have a hard time finding it since it's buried at bottom. eventhe dm readers hsve caught on, now calling her " cameron in a skirt."
read the comments. and you fuckheads-- 99% of whom did nothing, not even vote, but jumped on band wagon when it won-- sit here stroking each other off.
truth hurts, huh? anyone telling you how it actually is must be drunk? 2 months of "celebrating," and you got a dick up your ass.

YOU LOST FUCKO. In doing so, you bastards sunk the entire West.
For months, those of us ( mostly americans) who shilled for this were tlling brits to get out in streets, demonstrate, do something or it will get taken away.

well, guess what may's top agenda is? A bill to stop " hate crimes." All that eu court, global jew stuff..well, she's just too busy.

you all deserve your sharia future. The US may be fucked with spics but they are controllable. you are done. now go back to sucking each other's pricks, pretending it's not true.

What do you consider a peasant and what percentage of the population do you feel fits that bill?

You mate need a Tunnocks tea cake and a shut the fuck up.

It's just London that's overcrowded. Southern England and Wales is pretty comfy the North of England is nice in some parts. Avoid Birmingham and Liverpool. Manchester city centres alright suburbs not so much. Newcastle is nice during the day though they do speak a different language. Edinburgh's snotty and expensive but nice to look at Aberdeen is a tiny more expensive version of that. Inverness is really nice and not as expensive as Aberdeen. The very centre of Glasgow is not too bad tbqhwy though there are sourounding parts that live up to the reputation. All in all avoiding London and Birmingham it's mainly white most large cities in England have some immigrant sectors but Wales and Scotland don't. That's it for the cities I've been to. Not mentioning the fuck ton of cosy villages and towns in between. Haven't been to Northern Ireland but I guess like everywhere else it's just Belfast that might be bad but like Scotland and Wales even then it's mostly white. Not a bad place to live on the whole.

Probably the most British thing I've heard in a while.

>peasant
Shops at tesco's and waitrose
>middle class
Shops at aldi
>middle upper and upper class
Shops at waitrose

Thanks for the response. Yeah, the English countryside seems comfy af. So, would you say the refugees and immigrants are mostly in the urban areas?

So, everyone shops at waitrose?

What about if I live on a council estate but I'm dedicated enough to travel 100 miles at Christmas to grab a comfy box of Waitrose All Butter Mince Pies?

This wrong mate, you peasant ant middle class shops are transposed.

You have spent too long on Sup Forums you don't really know what you are talking about, you just like to make digs.

FPBP
Maplefag has made a reasonable assessment.

>would you say the refugees and immigrants are mostly in the urban areas?
Most definitely, they don't tend to leak out and they like to lie in their communities, so rural areas are white.

Yeah, that reminds me of this headline:

Forty asylum seekers refuse to get off the bus for 24 hours after arriving at picturesque Swedish village where they were being housed… because they wanted to live in a city.

>what's life like here
youtube.com/watch?v=s0gm5L0y4qw

You tell me.

What he said If you want to avoid refugees and live in a city I'd recommend Scotland and Wales but really any city in England is vastly superior to London. London and Birmingham completely screw England's figures. It's why they are 90% white compared to Scotland's and Wale's 95+%

I hear there is not a true meritocracy there, just an entrenched class of white boarding school elites who have a certain number of elite university slots reserved for the children of rich asian immigrants and whatnot.

Plus 60% of the population makes under 30,000 pounds a year so that's probably a problem.

They haven't really figured out what to do with the north of England after they destroyed all the manufacturing in the 1980s.

I'm visiting London for three days in mid September (stopping on my way to Prague). Is it as bad as Sup Forums says? Will I be the victim of a happening, or is it safe there? I'm staying at a decent hotel in Westminster.

You'll be safe. Just try to blend in while commuting or out at night try not to carry large bags or fanny packs to avoid looking like a tourist. Westminster as you would imagine is a very wealthy area you'll be fine. Avoid the east end unless you have friends there. West and North London are OK.

You mentioned Bristol in your OP, I quite like Bristol, it's about 40 Miles away from me.

There is a Mussie area and a nigger area but on the whole there are a fuckload of students.

I don't live in a city but if I had too - Bristol would be Ok, been for nights out in Bristol a few times and it's pretty safe.

>I'm staying at a decent hotel in Westminster.
I guess you're not short of a bob or two?
London is good to visit from a tourist point of view but I wouldn't really want to live there - too damned expensive.

don't listen to this prat.

English cities are lovely, just stay way from the 2 biggest London and Birmingham

Bath, Bristol, Bradford, York are all nice.

Bath is supurb. Lots of Chinese, but that's because of the universities here.

>don't listen to this prat
Says exactly what I said.

>Bradford,
Are you sure about that mate?
There are a million and one better cities.

Holy fuck

>he just cum in me mouth an he know she shouldn't

wrong quote, sorry anime.

>I saw a couple BBC Question Times and I got the impression that a lot of the laymen and common folk are not living well

That would be the Labour idiots screaming at the Tories 'waah waah you do not support the working class,' 'your austerity policy is da poop,' 'we need to spend more money that we don't have,' etc. etc. There is some poverty here, but it is lower than most other western countries. Healthcare is free, but sometimes it is slightly shitty (long waiting times at hospital, to see a family doctor). We are in austerity because Labour seriously fucked the budget up last time they were in power, but we still have more public expenditure per capita than Japan for example.
I think life here is pretty great and I do love Britain, but it does have its problems, and it is certainly not a wonderful magical dream land. For example, censorship and PC culture is rife, our opposition party is a legitimate threat to our national security, and everywhere except the northern outskirts in London is a hellhole, do NOT go to London as this nice area is extremely expensive. It's fine to go sight seeing though. Also Bristol is a lovely city.

Actually work at a large travel company. Corporate rebates help reduce the costs substantially.

K.

Bath is a great city and if you are a tourist it's a must.

Just got back from a ten day vacation of basically all of England and Scotland, with a day in Snowdania to boot.

Shit was fucking CASH. It's like white mans mecca, if you avoid the large cities.

I started from a small town outside of Manchester, York, went down to London (mandatory), Winchester, Salisbury, Bath (fucking CASH), Lincoln, back to York, Edinburgh, day long tour of the highlands, Cumbria (lake district), and then Snowdania.

Too bad the place is unlivable coz the prices for virtually anything are ludicrous (i.e. cup of gas station joe costs about 3$ USD there). I do miss those pubs though, something sorely lacking here in the states, and most everywhere in Europe (barring Ireland).

PIC RELATED IT ME

Forgot pic related

b my frend

>cup of gas station joe costs about 3$ USD there
What's 'joe' ?

Glad you had a god time mate, sounds like you did a lot of travelling though. What Cathedral is that?

Like the other Burger said, prices in London, especially in the city are expensive.

I live in West Bromwich (pop-136,940 Basically Birmingham suburbs) and let me tell you, prospects are fucking dire. You either fight over the few shit tier local jobs, become an entrepreneur and work online/from home or move to the city.

Eveyone else is on benefits. We make fucking nothing and the place is rife with poles, muslims and indians.

Everyone just looks fucking miserable here, it's never recovered from the 80's when all the factories got shut down.

You're fine by Westminster for the most part, but I don't rate London, the countryside is infinitely superior.
T. Bong abroad.

>What's 'joe' ?
Coffee.
>What Cathedral is that?
Salisbury

The areas around the border of the Midlands and East Anglia is pretty decent. Very high white population, accents aren't completely fucking retarded. The councils are underfunded somewhat, you pay a little more each year for a little less support which has really started taking its toll, but it's nice. Where I'm from has one of the lowest unemployment ratings for the country, and a university is nearby, plus there are colleges all over the place so education isn't a problem either.

Weather is nice if you don't like sun, like me. As far am I'm concerned if you want sun, go to a country that "handles it better" like, when its sunny in the UK it's muggy and humid as fuck, but you go to say, Malta, and it's hot but clean, "free" and not fucking trapping, it's a nice kind of heat, hard to explain.

But yeah. That.

WAIT.

Are you at some sort of pro-EU meeting . . . .WITH A NIGE SHIRT?

utter madman

I watched the London fireworks on New Years 2016 and got mugged twice. London is a shithole, treat it like Jamaica. Go to a nice upstanding area with heavy white people presence and police, and don't leave it, like some kind of reservation resort thing.

Otherwise you'll get buried under a sea of black.

If you have to travel, only use a Black Cab, pretty much known to be the only reliable and decent and safe method of travel in London (and the fares they charge back up that fact)

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

>cup of gas station joe costs about 3$ USD

Gas stations are always expensive as fuck, and you should only go there if it's literally the only place open.

>I watched the London fireworks on New Years 2016 and got mugged twice
How the fuck did you manage that?
I find it hard to believe.

Ye pro-eu rally right across 10 downing street

I wore it all across my the country. Got the most response during the short time I spent in Birmingham and Nottingham.

The pro eu rally people just kind of sneered lmao.

It's not just the gas stations, user.

>Hackney travel
Fuck he needs some money left for the rest of his holiday. Never had any problems on the tube during the day. You get drunkards at night but just keep yourself to yourself. Oyster cards great for a few days. Transport infrastructure in London is one of its few redeeming qualities. Taxis are just a scam for foreigners and people with money to burn.

Well done lad.

Although you here British English on TV did you find it weird to here it in person, I found the same thing when I went to America once.

Nop

I've lived many years abroad so I'm kind of used to it by now.

So so wrong. It's:
>peasant
Aldi/ASDA
>middle class
Tesco/Sainsburys
>upper middle
Waitrose/M&S

that's the one thing England has over America in terms of consumer goods (outside of ales)

FUCKING
READY-MADE
SANDWICHES
(and greggs)

You are wrong MOST of our Major cities are infested.

Looks the your at Bath Spa - We wuz Romans and shieet.

>Taxis are just a scam for foreigners and people with money to burn.

I visited some friends in London once and we went for a night out in the city, we hang around Leicester Square looking for a cab to take us back and a battered old ford sierra pulled up (one broken headlight) with a Paki driver. It was one of those illegal taxis. There were 4 of use, so we were safe, we haggled with the driver on the price to get back (he had no meter) and we never laughed so loud, he didn't seem to have a clue about traffic lights or speed restrictions, Crazy.

You don't get ready made sandwiches? I figured no Greggs but no sandwiches is surprising.

You guys don't get meal deals? I practically live off of ready made sandwiches during the week.

I imagine it to be like a shitty version of Australia with more shitskins, less gooks and Abos replaced with Irish and Scots.

Yea I'd just avoid taxi's completely if your alone or just with your gf. There's plenty of great city travel apps to get you from A to B.

Thanks for your imaginary input. Real valuable.

We have them, but they're usually overpriced, and not nearly as profuse.

What we lack in sandwiches we make up for in having infinitely more fast food locations.

No worries. Mustn't have been far from the mark with your 20 second later, arse pained reply tho.

Weak. Canadian on holiday or an embarrassment to your people.

A nige shirt? You fucking madman

Sorry m8, I don't do Bantz. I only serious post

You sound like an absolute idiot. How on earth did you managed to get mugged twice? Sounds like you had some serious bad luck as noone I know that lives in or visited London has had this happen

Central KEKenburugh

I'm gonna live in Glasgow what should I expect

Should I worry about getting shanked or are those times gone

Tesco has shifted in peasant tier now lad

You'll be alright.

an Edinburgh local told me not to wear my farage shirt there or I'd "get a bottle to the face"

>Birmingham
>85% white

London is the worst place in Britain. A couple of jewels in a seething ocean of shit and decay. Its not like on the TV, its fucking awful urban sprawl. Only people from London think its great, every other Brit with half a brain avoids it at all costs.

Everywhere else is fine. Some shitty SJW strongholds and places overrun by the horde (Brighton, Bristol, Luton, Bradford), but the further north you go the whiter (and cheaper) it gets. People are friendlier too.

We get taxed a lot for stuff so things seem expensive, but then again if we break our leg we dont have to sell our house to pay the bill, so its tolerable.

You're cute

I've seen some towns in North England along the countryside that look very comfy. If I had to live in Europe, the UK would be a top choice for me.

London (and all big cities) is a shithole of 'multiculturalism'. IE many races and religions living in the same city, but separate from one another. There's no actual integration, despite what people believe.

Outside of London, places that could be great places to live have nothing going for it. Lower wages, less jobs, slow transport. This makes everyone want to come down to overcrowded London, where there's a massive housing shortage.

Education everywhere is terrible unless you pay for private. Not enough schools, classrooms are overcrowded and children who don't speak English hold the other kids back because they can't split classes up by intelligence until GCSE's (and even then, it's uncommon).

The Nhs is a massive blackhole of money, and can't manage their funds. They over-prescribe medicine and don't even take their materials back from patients, like crutches and support chairs. Doctor's are mad because there aren't enough of them. These days, you may be treated for cancer, but their waiting list is so long the cancer gets worse before your treatment begins.

Culturally, it's pretty good though. Although that doesn't stop the minorities complaining about institutional racism that doesn't exist.

Which fast food chain in America would you say are best and worst in terms of quality?

Londonistan is just a big open air museum lole

St Paul's is fucking top TIER tho

>cameron in a skirt

not even close, she's more like maggy thatcher v2.0

>but the further north you go the whiter (and cheaper) it gets
Bullshit, you are obviously a Northerner.
The Midlands is shit Lancashire and most of Yorkshire has them too.

They're all about to the same, really.

Quality fast food can almost exclusively be found in regional chains.

A pub and a Greggs slice . . .soaking up the culture eh mate?

>Can't be older than 20
We lad

20 in November

>Bradford ... nice.

Fuck me, maybe it was in 1946, but Christ... Less Pakis in Islamabad.

RULE BRITANNIA

I walked through Bradford once and got stoned to death.

Best European country. I have been there many many times, it is the USA of Europe, we are very alike them.

I've lived in London all my life and have never had anything of the sort

I'd fuck yer Mum, if you know what I mean. And I mean rapidly move my erect penis in and out of her vulva.

It's a degenerate shithole full of fat degenerate lazy useless shitheads just like every other white country today

This.

We give each other so much shit because we are like brothers.

We are closer to the USA than any other Euro country.

England's not bad, desu. I was born and raised in a house in London and it's probably the only place you can live without being surrounded by a bunch of inward-looking Middle England hillbillies that think the Pakis and the Polish (and not the last 1000 years of subjugation by the rich) are why their lives suck. You'll find the average Brit is more cultured and well-travelled than the average American (even if the American is from a more metropolitan area) but people are less friendly on average and there is an unfounded tendancy to sneer at Americans for political things which most Brits don't even understand (Trump). British people will never compromise their right to sneer and usually possess a learned restraint among them which seems to be absent from most Americans. Culturally, it's fun - there's a thriving underground music scene and the club scene is alright, as well as a very rich history if that's what you're into.

The 'natural beauty' isn't saying a damn thing if you're from America where you have canyons and mountains and forests and beaches and etc. The Lake District is nice but there's nothing to see past that, really.

Traditional English food is awful but there are some decent food spots if you're in a city - the food quality here tends to far exceed that of the US too.