Why didn't they just have the dudes who made this show make the movie(s)?

Why didn't they just have the dudes who made this show make the movie(s)?

Haven't you seen TKJ? Timm shouldn't be allowed near the movies at all.

No I haven't

I don't think anyone would be interested in seeing the Jobbing League

>Any single member is more than capable of handling The situations depicted in the show
>Gonna d:--gut
>The Flash
Oops! I tripped!
>J'onn J'ozz
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
>Hawkgirl
HAAAAAAAA!
>Wonder Woman
I'm an idiot
>Superman
Don't worry guys, I'll handle their laser blaste-AAAAAAAGH!
>Jon Stewart
Amateurs!
>Batman
I saved the world again. Don't bother me.

Doesn't that only happen the first half so there's an actual challenge?

That was Azz's fault. He was the director. Timm still has a sick shipping fetish tho.

Because people who know what they're doing don't succeed in Hollywood.

I AM VENGEANCE. I AM THE NIGHT! I AM ...gonna cum inside you, Batgirl!

What's worse, Bruce/Babs or Tim/Babs from Arkham Knight?

I liked JL but it was mostly Batwank and Timm's ideal DC world is just as dark if not darker than Snyder's. Check out Gods & Monsters or the new TKJ. I don't think he cares about canon as much as you (seem) to think he does.

Dwayne McDuffie died, dude.

>implying that's not Timm always wanted

T. I watched four episodes

MM consistently jobs tho

I don't really remember Superman or J'onn doing too much. EMH handled their power houses better, Thor had some stand out scenes.

In all seriousness, being good at animation isn't the same thing as being good at live action.

Brad Bird has directed a number of well-received animated films, all of which have been well-reviewed, critically acclaimed and award-winning and the only one that didn't make multi-millions was The Iron Giant. Yet, his one original, non-sequel movie, Tomorrowland, was a commercial and critical failure. MI really can't be counted as a solid win that's solely on him.

Do I even need to mention John Carter?

>The producer of some of the best DC animated movies up to the DKR two-parter and Gods and Monsters shouldn't be allowed near the movies at all, just because of a subpar film with a weak first half and a decend second one.

This is such a strange meme. It's like you didn't even watch the show.

Does Sup Forums hate Timm now? Are the people who browse this board really that young?

Because a cartoon isn't a movie.

The batwank wasn't even that bad. Not compared to the Green Lantern/Hawkgirl want. Seriously I'm pretty sure there were more episodes dedicated to their relationship than Batman was even in.

Bruce/Babs because he can do better

>all I "know" about DC comes from this cartoon
Fucking casuals thing to pretend they know what they're talking about. How about you pick up a comic book for your summer reading, hm?

McDuffie is dead , Tucker is running the DCUOAF department and Alan Burnett and Timm are doing JLA

You just proved yourself wrong with your own example. Brad Bird's style has translated perfectly to live action. His Mission: Impossible was met with pretty much universal acclaim and Tomorrowland's issues were all in the script (Linedlof strikes again).

The real reason is that they did pitch live action stuff but WB execs shot them down because of personal feud bullshit.

The WB exec guys never liked the DCAU stuff because they thought it was too complex or wouldn't sell toys so every time Timm & co. made a show and it was a monster success it made the WB execs look really stupid.

sauve, sounds intersting

this

Azzarello was the writer. Timm was the supervising producer and had the final say.

Timm isn't doing JLA and thank god for that.

But that's how it's going to happen in the Justice League movie.

Because the DC cape cartoons are usually consistent on qualitty, while you spend your time whining on the internet about shit things on comics.

You have shit taste if you didn't like the DCAU.

No, fuck no, there was enough Batwank in BvS as it was.

Kid, they depowered EVERYONE on that show so Batman would look better. Timm is the worst Batfag to ever live.

>not that bad
Hey retard, they gave Superman an entirely new weakness on those shows. They gave Batman Barbra to fuck, AND made Wonder Woman want his dick.

>Timm's ideal DC world is just as dark if not darker than Snyder's
> Check out Gods & Monsters
Nowhere near as dark as BvS.

>make one bad movie
>try to pretend Timm was never good to begin with

C'mon now

Bullshit. Wondy was the only one they didn't know what to do with. I'm not sure why Superfags sperg out so much when he was consistenly shown to have the biggest heart and be trusted and beloved by everyone, while rarely anybody spoke about Batman without some off-handed snark as soon as he was off-screen. Besides, Superman got some of the best episodes and iconic moments. And how much fucking time was spent shipping Hawkgirl with GL McDuffie..I mean Stewart? Yeah MMH jobbed but Flash had some cool moments as well.

Yeah Batman was strong, because Timm loved the character and he was still riding the huge wave of popularity provided by BTAS, but consistent powerlevels were never a point of the show.

>Oops! I tripped!
>

>Timm shouldn't be allowed near Barbara Gordon at all
FTFY

because they would just make a really long episode instead and call it a movie

So a marvel movie?

>Barbara Gordon gets a restraining order on Bruce Timm

HORSE. SHIT. Superman grunts trying to lift up just the peak of a mountain, Manhunters are just robots with sticks, Darkseid STUMBLES when Batman jumps on his back, the Flash runs around the planet a few times and almost dies for it, Superman's "true power" only knocks someone through a few buildings and makes a small crater, J'onn nearly falls into a coma every time he uses his telepathy, GL only makes solid light constructs and simple machines, Darkseid fucking dies from a space station blowing up around him.

There was a lot of Batwank in the show (like, he fucking dodges Omega Beams when people who actually have superspeed can't, what the fuck is this shit), but there were a lot of episodes that didn't even have Batman in them. The rest of the characters all got their moments and were well-written (except for maybe Wonder Woman, who was pretty boring most of the time because it seems like nobody knew what to do with her).

Hell, the show made me love J'onn J'obzz because of how his personality was written. He was cool as fuck. Great voice, too. This was my introduction to him and he remains one of my favourite characters.

>gets called out for being a stupid casual stepping out of line
>"N-no...you just like to whine...!"
Endless summer: the post

Check out the shorts that preceded the film where G&Ms Superman kills a child.

Oh boy what a way to change facts, he tried to help the child and only killed her because there was really no other way

>Timm isn't doing JLA
Except he is, he was on the panel you dumbass and he already said that is directing some episodes

Mercy kill, it's not like in the movie he was just murdering children.

Oh absolutely, but its still darker toned then anything in Bvs.

DCAU Bruce/Babs

>but its still darker toned then anything in Bvs
I can agree on that, it was darker but it made sense for that version of Superman that was not even fucking Clark, Snyder supes killed that dictator for fucks sakes man

>Snyder supes killed that dictator for fucks sakes man
Not much else he could do...
>Heating the gun up with his eyes could have set the ammunition off or caused the guy to panic and pull the trigger.
>His super speed contains a lot of impacting force and could have harmed Lois if he ran right up to them and grabbed the gun.
>Don't take chances with the woman you love.

>m-muh powerlevels

Christ you people act like Superman isn't a character unless he towing planets.

I fucking detest that particular DC style.

You know the one. 90% of the animated shit uses it

After seeing the trailer for JL:ACTION I decided to re-watch the JL cartoon for the first time since it aired.

Just finished season 1 and those were some great episodes. There was never a "break" episode, every episode was a "TBC" (which is extremely rare in cartoons today).

I get what you're saying about batman, but I found for 60% of the show he was either absent or on the side lines. Near the end between the JLA and Savage episodes you barely see Batman until the end to say hello.

darkseid falls because his center of gravity is shifted aka he gains acceleration faster than he can account for.
everything else is retarded too

Can you dumb ass 90s kids fuck off? Blocked.