Lesser Known Action/Thriller Movies

What are some under-rated, less known or otherwise decent action movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM
youtube.com/watch?v=kO_ZtXQBO48
youtube.com/watch?v=3YwEArrXNnI
youtube.com/watch?v=m0zYZhJXELQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGKiOi76cI
youtube.com/watch?v=CtMMY-QqRYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tALpizMxU-8
youtube.com/watch?v=c4-MkDLJJeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're my main guilty pleasure. Bumping with a few in the hopes I'll find something I haven't already watched

>Aliens vs Cowboys
Under rated because of the cheesy title and premise but a good movie with great acting and even better backdrop

>Attack the Block
Great little movie about aliens invading a scheme in London, albeit some shitty child actors

>Lockout
Fairly cheesy and cliche, and basically just Escape From New York in space, but a good ride nonetheless.

Cheesy and cliche as fuck and has an awful ending but til then it's a decent mindless action film

>Babylon AD
Was torn to shreds and shat all over by the studio but the directors cut makes it not only watchable but even good if you can get past Vin Diesels inability to act.

>Battle Los Angeles
Not sure why this was hated so much- probably because people expected the standard alien nonsense instead of a war movie with aliens, but if you watch it with military in mind it's great all round

MY DADDY WAS A BANK ROBBER

HE JUST LOVED TO LIVE THAT WAY

AND HE LOVED TO STEAL YOUR MONEY

Pure
Fun
Action
Kino

Pfak

This was really fucking good. But wasn't it really well-known when it came out?

>check box office takings
>only made 4 million pounds, half its budget
Guess not

It was way under the radar over here in the UK so I can only imagine how unknown it is worldwide

Rocknrolla was good but I can't understand what those dumb Brits are saying for the first hour

>He doesn't like dags

Without these three the movie would've sucked.

Too bad they only have like ten minutes of screentime.

Another under-rated one

Post pic related a lot but I love it. 80s cop action movie meets Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Also Executive Decision and Breakdown for classic Kurt russell thriller-kino.

The hitman was a really cool character too but had even less screen time

You mean Chibs from Sons of Anarchy?

Judgment Night
48Hrs
Death Machine

Split Second (1992)
Trancers series (the ones with Tim Thomerson in them as the lead)
Frequency (2000)
Masters of the Universe (1987) Must watch.
Mazes and Monsters (1982)
Dollman (1991)
Double Trouble (1992)
Megaforce (1982) [Watch while drunk.]
Bibleman series [Watch while high.]
Showdown in Little Tokyo (1991)
Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988)
Cyborg (1989)
Miami Connection (1987) youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM
Hard Ticket to Hawaii (1987)

Was going to recommend this. Watch the unrated edition.

Seconding

I could never get past 20mins into that without deleting it for some reason.

Never seen Executive Decision but it looks like Broken Arrow and I loved that.

Will also check out Hidden.

Much obliged

Actually watched it in cinema when it came out, there was only two other guys besides me and my bro, we were laughing and cheering all the way through, never expected for it to be as good as it turned out to be, best moviegoing experience in my life

Underrated movie

This was a really fun movie.

>Judgment Night
Man I'd forgotten about that, it was decent. Reminds me of Warriors too. And for some reason it also reminded me of a low budget movie around the same time with Gary Busey about a war vet who needs money and agrees to be a human pig who has to run and escape while a team of rednecks hunt him down as human bait.
Anyone remember the movie I'm talking about and know the name?

Is Death Machine Doomsday? I'm Scottish so I liked parts of that movie but overall it was pretty shit.

Almost all of these look like trash

Good call, quite liked that but only for the dry tone

It's not really under-rated because it's an awful film. But Travolta is GOAT in it.

I don't think I can stomach bald John Travolta for that long

Dunno, this one.

Because it's horribly shot and edited and is filled with cliches.

>madmax version of Red Dawn
The fuck

Yeah. That dude plays Chibs on SoA.

His character was also awesome. Reminded me of Agent 47 from the old school Hitman games.

Knock-Off is a totally insane Hong Kong action movie starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Rob Schneider. There's a lot of really interesting directorial choices in it.
Under Siege 2 with Seagal is also pretty good, I mean it's horribly cheesy but the villains are fun to watch and it has a GOAT soundtrack by Basil Poledouris.
Getting into the direct-to-video market, Executive Target is a fairly decent car chase movie with Michael Madsen and Roy Scheider.
Deadly Outbreak/Deadly Takeover with Jeff Speakman is also an entertaining little Die Hard ripoff.
And Earth Alien/Endangered Species is pretty much a rip off of The Hidden (mentioned here ) but starring Eric Roberts, Arnold Vosloo and John Rhys-Davies.

did you see this?

Kek it's been on my radar for years since I saw the first but I never got around to it.
Is it as bad as they say? I love the first one so I don't want it ruined by a shitty sequel...

>Almost all of these look like trash

Action/Thriller genre is trash user.

equillibrium

>Lockout
Didn't they lose the plagiarism lawsuit to Carpenter?

I don't know, I haven't watched it either. I just found out about it recently and I'm mostly just amused by its existence.

It's not as good as John Woo's early Hong Kong movies but it still has some awesome action scenes and features some great performances from Lance Henricksen and Arnold Vosloo.

I ordered what I thought was a miami connection poster on ebay, it took a couple months to come and when it did it was literally the size of a dvd case. So now I just have a tiny-ass poster of miami connection. wew.

Ah I see
Yeah I remember when I first learned about it I was shocked, because the first wasn't a particularly huge success. How valuable is title recognition for The Hidden? It's always struck me as odd as something they'd make a sequel to.

youtube.com/watch?v=kO_ZtXQBO48

And other Van Damme flicks.
Also:
Kurt Russell in Soldier (1998)
Kiss of the Dragon (2001)
Nemesis (1992)
The Mechanic (1972)
The Salute of the Jugger (1989)
Duel (1971)

Great list.

best scene is when they charge out from the elevator with the saws and shit

Yeah, I was shocked too. I've known about the Hidden for quite some time and it's fairly rare for me to not have heard of a sequel to a movie like that.

Nah, I'm referring to Death Machine 1994, directed by Stephen Norrington.

What are you talking about? That's a top-15 maybe top-10 dad movie of all time.

You faggots need to sit down and watch Maniac cop 2

Look up the cast for Extreme Prejudice and tell me you don't want to watch it.

very well shot and used the landscape A+

Him or Joel Edgerton.

>Not sure why this was hated so much-
Because it's awful, holy shit you goddamn film embryo fuck you.

I legit love this movie and I don't get why people overlook it so much

Best Zahn performance.

wow, i'm gonna watch this

>Look up the cast

That Gary Busey movie you're thinking of is Surviving The Game. Ice-T is the guy being hunted and Rutger Hauer leads the team of killers. It's a pretty average action movie, but Busey has a fucking crazy monologue that comes out of nowhere. Seriously, check this shit out;
youtube.com/watch?v=3YwEArrXNnI

Sorry but this one is legit trash

It's genuinely terrible from start to finish.
It has no redeeming features.

You should check out the first 3 seasons of the cinemax show Banshee. It's fantastic and every episode has an action set piece, some of which are mind boggling good considering the low budget.

Whatever you do, do not watch the 4th and final season. If you must know the true end feel free to watch the final episode, but trust my advice. The first three seasons are true Kino with a decent enough ending that leaves a few threads hanging. Watch it OP, watch it.

Ironclad

>dat realistic Templar double handed sword fighting
>dat realistic castle defense
>dat Paul Giamatti "hand of god" speech
Dope af

I like to believe that this movie takes place within the John Wick cinematic universe. It makes sense and fits perfectly.

Not what you posted OP, that's for sure.

[SPOILER]Akshully[/SPOILER]
youtube.com/watch?v=m0zYZhJXELQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGKiOi76cI
youtube.com/watch?v=CtMMY-QqRYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tALpizMxU-8
youtube.com/watch?v=c4-MkDLJJeA

>anything about Ironclad
>realistic
Fuck off mouth breather.

Better known Korean cop movie that no one talks about since it doesn't end with bloodshed and what not.

The butt hurt is palpable.

Still a fun movie, and accurate enough

>accurate enough
Enough for what? No one's saying you can't like the movie, by all means, continue enjoying it, but if you think anything about it is realistic you've got brain problems.

I lol'd soo hard

my nigga!

Death Sentence

Running Scared

Never understood all the hate for this one

>Had a friend tell me how much he hated this piece of shit
>dude, it's a comedy
>immediately starts laughing his ass off and says he loves it

This film is guilty-pleasure as fuck.

This made me search for a movie with christina applegate, I found the movie was called "streets", I remember she showed some tits in it but maybe I'm wrong