Why do people get upset about Marvel being very liberal minded in its books when its been left wing for most if not all...

Why do people get upset about Marvel being very liberal minded in its books when its been left wing for most if not all of it's history?

The company was built on hippies, teenagers and baby boomer protesters, college kids and the 60s version of tumblr is how Marvel built there brand. They were "hip" not the stodgy old "dad comics" From Black panther to Spider-Man, to Dr Strange to the near constant hippie shilling int hose booksto the massive flood of "sjw" style stuff in the 70s with minority and ethic themed characters Marvel has always leaned hard left. Hell they were even layering over left wing dialogue when dikto was drawing Spider-man going all Rand on protesters.

My best hypothesis is that because fans "grew up" with that stuff they dont notice it, but now that Marvel is doing what its almost always done they can pick up the change,

I mean hell the entire "All-New all different" concept CAME from back in the day when The X-men became the Minoriteam, that was around the same time they first started pushing Carol as a hero as well. Sam Wilson too. And cap was a liberal firebrand from day one when he pushed for anti nazism before we were even in the war and when eh thawed out the dude was pure 60s-70s counter culture . I think Tony Stark was the most right wing strand in Marvel History .

The tl ;dr is Marvel has always been bluepilled, so why get uppity about it now?

BUT

B-B-BUT

B-B-B-B-BUILD WALL

Go hug niggers.

Marvel comics had a black guy character whose first two appearances were meeting there top two teams and beating there asses while showing how smart he was.

If Black panther came out today folks would be screaming sjw at Kirby.

Captain is a hard core liberal.

Like so liberal it bordered on anarchism.

Because the people complaining don't read comics, they're just Sup Forumsfags who only watch the movies.

Because Black Panther's comic was cool as hell and had way more going for it than just progressiveness.

Current Marvel is going to age worse than any of the 70s comics where the young characters clumsily speak jive and talk about Vietnam and Nixon.

> says Marvel was founded by hippies and leftists
> posts art from a crazy right wing Marvel artist

Because these days they're doing it by changing their current properties instead of giving us new characters and insulting us when we point out the inherrent bullshit in the matter with poorly written lines delivered by she thor's villains

Eh you whiny faggots deserve to be insulted.

There's more to a character/story then progressiveness.

I'll admit the "UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISREAL!!!" Was pretty funny though.

I said it was BUILT on hippies and leftists, i even used Dikto art getting written over as an example

>Lel you faggots suck get insulted lmao xD
>Let me drink your tears LEL xD

Marvel always had a slight left lean BUT they also had more than a few center right writers/artists.
After the crash in the 90's and then being acquired by Disney, the print comic no longer had to make money, and were just a cheap way of keeping intellectual properties valid .

The faggot retards beta assholes who were in large part responsible for the 90's crash now had free reign to spew as much SJW liberal crap as they wanted to, there is literally no consequence to dropping sales or alienating your core fanbase.

Then Tumblr and twitter became things and people who have never bought a comic in their lives now had a say in how they should be written ( a lot like the GG thing) and the liberal faggots could point to tumblr and twitter and say to Disney "see this is what the new generation wants a fuck ton of SJW bullshit and diversity hires.

And now here we sit

Nice book you typed there. Any publishers interested in printing it?

X-men, Rhodey and Black Punisher say hi

>nocetti pushing liberal talking point still being pushed today

SHOCKED!

That was terrible bait, please try again but not so obvious this time.

>comics
>liberal

They are basically reactionary power fantasies for teenage males.

>bbbut this character said something liberal
Meaningless

We only lie left wing media when the president is republican and we want to bitch about it.

You can be a reactionary liberal power fantasy.

Like Superman. A guy two poor bullied Jews made up to punch muggers congressman fbi agents slum lords, military leaders and rich guys.

Current liberalism is kind of outright insanity in a lot of ways. I know feels before reals is an overused descriptor, but it's applicable. It's all about doing what sounds good instead of what works.

Marvel can slap as many gay transexual black Muslim women it wants into their books, but how many have they actually hired?

How many give a fuck about cape comics? Kind of a niche market there, ain't it?

No seriously you guys whine like fags worse than sjws and you get what you deserved.

>Hey let's abandon buying comics en mass for a decade
>WHY ARENT THEY PANDERING TO ME ANYMORE

Yes, this is true, but they're trying to reach a wider or audience, or at least pretending to, you'd think they'd cast a wider net for creators than the same 3 white guys.

I don't like virtue signaling. Makes my skin crawl.

user you are overthinking this like crazy.

The people you are talking about don't read comics. They don't know anything about comics. They are predominately Sup Forums and Sup Forums shit posters who don't even have any INTEREST in reading or knowing about comics. They are just here to vomit the same bile they vomit all over this site, they just use the flimsy mask of comics and capeshit when on Sup Forums.

If you want to be mad be mad at mods because this board is well on its way to being as unusable as Sup Forums.

More than you'd realize, I'm sure. Nerd culture has always attracted the ostracized and outcast members of a community. societally unfit manbabies and gender-ferro-fluid space vegans alike.

It's a lack of diversity, and it makes shit predictable.

Because of twitter rage, people know a lot more about the creators, and the powers that be are enforcing a lot more ideological purity than in the past.

For example, I'm all for making fun of Trump or Bush2. Trump's practically making comic book speeches already.

I can give a pass on skipping an Obama supervillan, because he's kind of dull in that regard.

But what's the closest the big 2 have come to a Hillary Clinton supervillian?

The closest to an ISIS/islamic jihad supervillan in recent memory from the big 2?

What if I'm a brown-skinned guy that DOESN'T want to be so pandered to and instead wants good stories, not this insipid agitprop in comic format?

Or does that make me an uncle tom?

>Why do people get upset about Marvel being very liberal minded in its books when its been left wing for most if not all of it's history?

Because they are using it as a crutch.
I've been reading 60's marvel and yes, whenever anything remotely political comes up it is left winged as fuck.
But here'sthe kicker: It's something that comes up.
There are stories. The political message rarely is the punchline again and MOST IMPORTANTLY characters go through arcs, sagas, stories, conflicts.

Current Marvel uses "liberal bias" as it's plot, it's character arc and as it's conflict. Everything is PC, even the bad guys.

>Sup Forumsmblr
Sup Forums could not care less about Sup Forums
Sup Forums is one of the least visited boards on Sup Forums
The ban happy SJW mod that shit up Sup Forums for over a year didn't help this

>Liberalism
>Right wing

>Kind of a niche market there, ain't it?

It is now but up until the 90's crash they were pretty mainstream.
Print comics at one time made most of their revenue from advertising with their anemic circulation that isn't remotely feasible anymore
most of Sup Forums is probably far too young to remember that

it's not about being liberal, it's just that they use clickbait marketing tactics and expect to be praised for it

>X-men
New characters is exactly what that user was saying he liked.
>Rhodey
He did become Iron Man for a period of time.
>Punisher
A story still being laughed at today by all sides of discussion.
You could've at least picked Mach from Thunderbolts.

So much fucking truth.

>"Why is Iron Man black and Thor a woman now!? This has never happened before! Why does the world hate white men?!"
>Doesn't know about Beta Ray Bill and Rhodey's tenure as Iron Man
>Fucking pseudo-comic reader fags

>the I just want good stories meme

When I hear bitching about the stories ALONE I'll buy that. But that shits always an afterthought to the sjw boogieman attack.

Exactly. I literally had no idea what the plots were to Captain america, Thor or Squirrel Girl here even after reading countless rants about them

>Because these days they're doing it by changing their current properties instead of giving us new characters

I was talking about the British Black Punisher and Rhodey as Black iron man, ethnic legacies in 'those days"

And also the "they should make new characters" is such a bullshit scapegoat when legacies have been core to comics for almost ever and this whole board shat a brick about how much dc hated them after the new 52, but when they arent white guys all of a sudden legacies are a bad concept.

Funny how Dickbats or the Green Lanterns or Flashes didnt get this shit.

>"No Falcon cant be Captain America! He has never been replaced ever! Muh racial purity!"
>Informs them of BuckyCap
>"That's different, he is Cap's best friend"
>Doesn't realize Falcon has literally spent more time with and went on more adventures with Steve than Bucky ever did.

>When I hear[...]
Not anyone's fault but yours that you don't paint attention.

> Funny how Dickbats or the Green Lanterns or Flashes didnt get this shit.
Nuh uh! Dc doesn't count!

Modern Marvel stories are light shows without substance.

Remember what happened in, say, Fear Itself? No? Exactly

because now they lack quality because they are mindlessly pandering to sjws instead of trying to write good stories that have only a bit of a political statement

Bullshit. Nobody talks about stories. They only bitch about the pandering and race swapping and you know that shit.

>the sjw boogieman attack.
Are you even remotely suggesting Marvel isn't run by and completely pandering to the tumblr/SJW/PC crowd?

because if you are then you are either a liar retard or complete faggot

See m

>why get uppity about it now?
Because they're getting sloppy and pushy about it, like a drunk linebacker on prom night.

>Doesn't realize pandering to SJWs and having political statements is literally why the X-Men exist.

I've only read one issue of the current squirrel girl, and the plot was galactus comes, and SG realizes he's just passive-aggressively asking them to find a tasty planet to eat since that what Earth does every time he rocks up. so she found him a planet with no animals but covered with giant nut trees and he ate that.

seemed a passable enough story for an all-ages book.

>They only bitch about the pandering and race swapping and you know that shit.

BECAUSE THAT IS ALL MARVEL HAS
what have all the press releases from Marvel been about in the last 5 years?

>MUH DIVERITY
>MUH MUSLIM SUPERHERO
>MUH [ ] IS NOW BLACK/WOMAN/ASIAN/GAY

RIGHT HERE

No I am suggesting they have always been run by that crowd and people are just acting outraged about ti now because of the recent "branding" of sjws and tumblr on the internet as boogeymen.

Black Panther's later comics were cool as hell.
His debut wasn't anything transcendent and was so in your face that, yeah, it'd get shit on relentlessly if pulled today.

Go die on the garbage heap of history.

Press releases or third party articles?

Ive read a lot of marvel press release because thats all the comics sites post nowadays and while they point out diversity its never all of it, most of it is focus on whatever carp storyline they are shilling

Great job at not sounding like a whiny faggot there fampai. :^\

Just out of curiosity, how do SJW BOOGY WOOGY posters reconcile the fact that this "agenda driven, headline grabbing, tumblr pandering needless race swap" is literally one of the best and freshest cape comics of our era and this closest thing this generation will have to Ditko + Lee's Spider-Man run?

Because Marvel's comics have about the same amounts of plot as Bad Dudes did—only, instead of punching ninjas, there are whole chunks of exposition on why opposing immigration is nazism or why Trump is literally Satan.

Finally, in a company where Bendis is God, stories are always going to be snail-paced, filled with continuity problems and in general secondary. I mean, what the hell is Civil War II about? The "heroes" fighting over some kid with future-sight powers? That's it?

How can you expect the "story" be criticized when Marvel can barely even get to build a story in the first place? That's how awful things are.

His opinions always seemed like dressing to the fact that they are just basically pushing people around they don't like.

Green Arrow is a liberal
what kind of liberal goes around shooting people with a bow and arrow well outside the law.

(I guess superman and bats were both deputized at some point but the that hardly comes up)

There is a reason why they called superheroes basically fascist literature

>Marvel's comics have about the same amounts of plot as Bad Dudes did—only, instead of punching ninjas, there are whole chunks of exposition on why opposing immigration is nazism or why Trump is literally Satan.

You really should try actually reading a comic book instead of attaining all comic knowledge from Sup Forums crossposter shit posts

By putting their fingers in their ears and shouting LALALALA >MUDSLIME >GOOD LALALALALALALA

That's the point

It doesn't matter if it's left wing or right wing, it's a wing. DC would never push their political agenda in their comics

Broken clock

At any rate, I don't doubt Marvel will find a way to ruin Kamala during Civil War II.

Oh wow you really missed the point huh

There's literally nothing wrong with diversity legacy characters and even those types understand that, you just have to separate the marketing with the execution

>literally one of the best and freshest cape comics of our era and this closest thing this generation will have to Ditko + Lee's Spider-Man run

Jaime Reyes did it first and did it better

Its generic in every single way.

>implying I read your hippie communist manifesto

I don't need to read all your words. All I need are three letters. U S A

>Broken clock

Truly pathetic

Well yeah but the people they didnt like were always 1930s liberal bad guys,

Superman was borderline propaganda.

Superheroes are analogous to fascism and they came front the same impulses but a superhero is individualist while a facism is cored into the State

Are you only paying attention to the press releases or actually reading the comics?

But Sandman Animal Man and Vertigo did that a lot

You mean the gender pronoun bullshit?

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure those scans were edits anyway... >:[

*slaps you*

Get your facts real, you mongoloid.

Like he said, Ditko + Lee Spider-Man.

And he also didnt get this shit.

its obvious this has nothing to do with comics its just bulllshit v/tv/pol sjw culture war alt right nonsense infecting us because we got more popular.

It's not wrong though.

>*slaps you*

Political leanings do not excuse bad writing.

>DCfags trying to bait MarvelDrones

the press releases tell me the comics are bad
why would I read them?

Scans like these?

No one but Sup Forums fags complain about Kamela, Most people thing that current Ms.Marvel is diverse characters done right

By refusing to read it because of how it was promoted and continuing to go
>muh Muslim girl hero

>being this much of a waifufag
Holy shit it's not even that good of a book it's average at best kys

>I dont read comics but I'm going to complain about them anyway

modern liberalism is fucking stupid

Well they need something to put the gleam in that silver medal.

Its the same basis of looking out for the poor, women and ethnic minorities they've used since the middle of the last century. Say what youw ant but at least liberlaism is consient.

Us conservatism is a hodgepodge of business, religious and natavist impulses all smooshed into each other. Its totally schizophrenic.

Small government but pro military.

pro individualism but anti gay

They want the state out of your companies but in your vaginas?

Hyper christian but pro isreal

Its like, what?

Are there even right wing comics?

Could it even be remotely possible for a right wing writer to be employed by marvel or DC today?

Bane was made by rightwingers.

also what does right wing even mean?
The GOP just exploded because no one could agree on that.

Regan's stool is a pile of sticks.

Nothing wrong with a writer conveying their views so long as they are subtle.
The creative process is organic, so twisting it to push agendas weakens the story and character.

A good storyteller let's the story and characters take them down a path, and will even convey ideas that contradict their beliefs.

The instant you try to showhorn a "message", you have ceased to be creative. You are a propagamdist, not a storyteller.

>implying Sup Forums buys or even reads comics

That issue with Jane happened like 2 years ago, you whiny fucks need a more recent example

Pretty much.

They just see all the clickbait headlines saying CAPTAIN AMERICA HAS BEEN TURNED BLACK and decide this is the perfect opportunity for them to push their own agenda.

Sup Forums is literally the exact same shit as Tumblr in terms of tactics and attitude, and they lack just as much self-awareness. But extreme left and right wing have been the same for decades now and everyone knows it.

I'm sure some actually do read comics but only in the past few years and have no clue what came before that except their own warped ideas based on the movies.

I honestly believe this is true but the line between propaganda and story blur sos hard its almost invisible.

I mean a medium's entire purpose is to delivery something. How can you speak without saying anything.

>Bane?!?