Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

Now that the dust has settled, what's the verdict?

dunno, I didn't watch it and I'm not planing to do it in a near or far future..

It was alright. The visuals are much improved from the original but it has a much weaker middle act and felt a bit forced.

was this movie really necessary?

>I would the whale shark

Only the opening short was worth seeing.

The movie itself was meh.

Nice water tho.

Aw man! I missed the opening because the theater I went to started the movie early for some reason.
What was it?
If the first movie was an A, this was a solid B.

It was above average. It justified its existence by expanding dory as a character and having a few good moments, but is easily forgettable like Brave

>like Brave
"I dont want to remember i saw this movie" ??

YES!
It was a kids movie that talked about different kinds of disabilities in ways other than "NO ONE'S REALLY DISABLED AS LONG AS YOU HAVE COURAGE!"

Not really, no. KFP3 had the same problem, spending an hour and a half and advancing the story very little.

If you don't have an autistic kid or a parent with Alzheimer's this movie really isn't worth the time.

KFP3 was loads better than KFP2 though

disagree, it suffered from the trilogy curse.

This. Nemo was mediocre for me and I didn't like this character.

They cover physical and neurological disabilities and pretty much everything else in kids media in regards to disability is "You're not disabled, you can do anything!"
Then there's this that says, "No, you really can't. But you can do things in ways that work for you."

Shit's important, yo.

weird, i got Monsters University flashback now.

The only two good characters were the whales. The rest of the movie was Dory's fault. What was the moral of the story again?
>"Instead of having a plan just do things sporadically and it will probably work out."

Though the little bird thing before the movie started was cute.

KFP2 took away the focus of the show---martial arts, just like how LoK's chi blockers and spirits took away from the bending. Which is why Book 3 of Korra is superior

I liked it. The message worked well, the story and comedy was decent, and they kept the rehash elements to a minimum. It properly expanded the universe.

That being said, I'd rather Pixar get back to actually creating new and exciting worlds. As cool as Incredibles was I'm not exactly clamoring to find out what happens next.

Also an important message, yah.

How did the idea that we should not try to fix mental illness come from anyway

I'm just glad to see Kaitlin Olson get work that isn't Sunny related.

Incredibles is the only movie that deserves sequel.

but i am afraid people are tired of capes now..

Fun, I liked the new characters but Nemo was kind of a tool. Great undersea visuals as expected

Neurological disability =/= Mental illness
One is a thing you are, the other is a thing you have.
Mental illness can be treated with medication, counseling, etc. A neurological disability, such as Dory's short term memory loss, is just something she has to adapt to as best she can.

that afer credits scene was a middle finger to dinsey, right?

>easily forgettable like Brave
I'm still trying to wash the sin away, user.

It was great, Ellen is literally the best actress there is. We need more diverse sexualities in this business, there's far too many cis people. I'm glad someone is taking the fight to the bigots.

>new and exciting worlds
Like the good dinosaur?

Ellen is cis, stop baiting.

I enjoyed it but i have to agree with

It was a sequel that wasn't necessary, but the execution was pretty good. It's like getting a gift you didn't ask for but it turns out to be exciting and fun anyway.

i thik pixar is burning off, we need a new player in the animation industry.

Ellen is cis though.

There's no fixing Dory. Best she could do is cope.

still much better movie than Brave