ITT: Best Comic Writing/Scenes

Post some of the best stuff you've ever read or ever will read in comics
pic related

Thanks to the guy who posted this that one time. I still love it.

Batman confronting Darksied in JLA number 14. Weird how this isnt the first time Morrison wrote Batman confronting Darksied and dying

What happened in this scene exactly

Luthor turned into a hypercrisis beloiver.

*believer

Gets me every time.

This

This can't be real

Did they fix?

What comic is this from?

All Star Gotham

fucking hate that page

>Shut the Hades up, Luthor
Didn't OP say "good' writing?

Lex gained superman powers for 24 hours. Superman used a gravity gun to speed up his own personal time so he burned through the timeframe he had (cause gravity influences time apparently).

I guess pushing the usage of powers faster gave him access to more of supermans powerset like supervision and all that. Lex starts seeing everything that connects the world and universe and has this big realization about it.

That's great writing, you pleb.

>There was a disagreement
>I had more votes

DC needs to get Adams on a WW book so he can round out a trinity trilogy of insanity

Superman resembles Carl the Cuck here

He said he will write a Captain Marvel book when Marvel gives his name back to DC.

What's wrong with it?

I just hope it's an intimate as Odyssey

Always loved this one.

The dialogue speaks for itself

Lex becomes Dr. Leo Quintum

this has gotta be one of the few examples where the cleaner digital print looks much better than the original physical print.

Fuck you i liked it

For all his terrible writing decisions and awful fetishes, Sonoda knows his guns.

Does anybody have the page from Morrison's Batman where he's a child looking at his parents graves and between the two headstones and you can see him facing Darkseid? That's one of my favourite moments.

What is the context for this

Batman finally took Gordon's advice.

He fucked Barbara?

Fucking C&H...

Is this the one about a psychopath? Where can I find it?

>Implying Muh Phoenix isn't God Tier

snikt puns are cringe

It was so satisfying every time someone gave Tony shit for Civil War.

Which run?

>poot

What an asshole

You clearly don't get your kicks on Route Snickity Snickt

The guy blew himself and the whole rooftop up

I haven't seen this, I am intrigued. What happened exactly?

The guy who died was a murderer who killed one of Bruce's mentors and almost killed Alfred.

It's from Batman: Endgame by Scott Snyder. The Joker gasses all of Gotham with Joker gas, and Batman is trying to get the chemicals from that pool to cure the city. It ends with the Superheavy storyline, which tells what happens after this fight in a very, very long reveal.

Its fucking great. Do you have the ballon fetish page of it?

Batman and Joker both die then are immediately revived

OH MY GOD. Why is this so fucking funny to me? I have laughed for three minutes straight, I can't even see straight.

Neal Adams is fucking amazing. How does DC keep giving him work?

I gotta check it out sometime. Although, I think the Joker cutting his face off is a bit over-the-top, even for a cape comic.

>k_gets_triggered.jpg

It's gunsmith kats, cools manga, cool show. Like most 90s anime, it manages to portray females leads as enjoyable and respectable characters, without injecting cancerous feminist venom.

It's one of the lowest parts of the run to be honest. But Scott Snyder doesnr deserve all the flack he got from it though

Is this from Rucka's run?

That's incognito, Brubaker and Phillips. Fucking amazing.

That was Detective Comics by Tony Daniel. Snyder used it in Death of the Family (which I don't like), but fixed it in Endgame (which, honestly, I don't like either). I'm much more of a fan of the Batman Eternal comics than Snyder's Batman - and while I know that's not a popular opinion, I just enjoy the Batfamily a lot more than the type of solo Batman Snyder likes to write.

Yup, it's the very end of the Mission's End storyline. There was one more issue that was apparently an inventory issue or something about Diana and Clark's relationship over the years, but this is the last part of the 2-year storyline Rucka wrote.

Whaaaaa? Why is this good?

The only thing that sucks about Pax Americana this is that we'll never get a follow up. Than again do we need to?

Cool. I still have to read Rucka's WW. I only read The Hiketeia.

That's fundamentally flawed logic, though. Also, I'm not sure object can be used like that.

He's right though, in a fantastical world where you have the Phantom Zone and other fantastical prisons as a solution, killing is not an allowed option. Superhero comics aren't real life.

....they're gonna say its good. They're gonna say tome king was clever in his use of reference. They're gonnagive this a pass just like last weeks green lantern mudslime pandering. Just give it a pass.

People still regularly escape them.

But this is also a world where the afterlife objectively exists and that there will be a sense of judgement there.

Doesn't that sound more just than trapping someone in a torture chamber for all eternity?