Inhumans movie status: TUMBLING DOWN

>It sounds like we may be seeing some of Marvel’s most iconic Inhumans in Agents of SHIELD’s fourth season. io9 spoke with executive producers Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen after their panel at Comic-Con and learned that their restrictions on which Inhumans they can and can’t use has been lessoned. The show introduced Inhumans to the MCU in season two, but were limited in what they could do at first.

>“We do have a little more freedom,” said Whedon. “We’ve told a couple of seasons of stories but now we do have some more freedom. So when we return to focusing on Inhumans, we’ll be able to do a little bit more.” That includes, according to the two, being able to use the classic Inhuman characters.

LGTSS:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/movies/features/705659-comic-con-kevin-feige-directors-and-stars-on-the-marvel-cinematic-universe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What new Wards will arise from this?

I'm pissed enough that the Inhumans movie won't happen. Wasting the Royal Family on something like Agents of SHIELD infuriates me even further.

Being an Inhuman and X-Men fan is truly suffering

Perlmutter got blamed for Age of Ultron and lost the power struggle.

All hail the glorious Feige Emperor. Long may he reign

I'm sure glad that Marvel comics cucked the X-men and shoved the Inhumans into everything now! Great foresight you fucking spergs.

Is anyone actually an Inhumans fan? Who are we laughing at, just Marvel corporate?

The sad thing is this won't stop Marvel from its endless "The Inhumans are popular now!" shilling. They're too committed to it to stop.

My money is on Daisy goes crazy and hallucinates Ward for at least an episode

it's time for the mutants to step up again.

I honestly think at this point that the comics are more to blame for the inhumans movie not happening, not A.O.S.

>iconic Inhumans
talk about an oxymoron

I want Magic ward after Dr. Strange

>Waste Ghost Rider on AoS
>Toss Inhumans to AoS, essentially killing the movie.
AHAHAHAHAHA

There are fans of the Inhumans like there are fans of every Marvel character or group of characters.

I don't think there's anyone who experienced this push and thought "now I'm an Inhumans fan when I wasn't before" or "now I know Inhumans are just as interesting as the X-Men."

There are Inhumans fans, but there's so much shitposting around Sup Forums that it gets drowned out

Marvel publishing because all they've been doing since the movie announcement is sucking off Inhumans.

You guuys are retards feige just said that the movie is happening for phase 4

It won't stop because the guy pushing the Inhumans got kicked out of the movies but still controls TV and comics

>Marvel Comics continues to fuck up the MCU even after the Creative Committee got trashed
Kill me

Royal Family motherfucker.

>There are x fans, but there's so much shitposting
around Sup Forums that it gets drowned out

Solve x for anything good

I just want BB, Lockjaw and Karnak in the films. They can dick over everyone else.

>muh Lockjaw
>muh Kamala
>muh Crystal
>muh (kek) Medusa
There, only characters with fans.

Marvel made up with Fox enough to coproduce a TV show and debut it at the Marvel panel at comic con.
Hopefully that means the feud is over and after IvX is done the Xmen can be relaunched properly

>>muh (kek) Medusa
Delet this

I can only hope.

Which helps explain why the TV cartoons and most games refuse to add Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver even though they're MCU characters, while adding Inhumans everywhere.

They stopped adding Inhumans characters sans Ms. Marvel to the games since LEGO Avengers.

Oh god no. As much as I like AoS, I don't want them going anywhere near the Royal Family. They deserve a big screen treatment.

Also the inhumans plotline in AoS has run its course. I was hoping stuff like the LMDs and Ghost Rider would mean no more inhumans or HYDRA in season 4.

This is... concerning.

Black Bolt and Maximus are pretty much the only truly interesting Inhuman characters, anyway. And Maximus is basically not-Loki.

>comics are more to blame for the inhumans movie not happening
Comics have literally nothing to do with it. The reason for the movie not happening is because of Perlmutter vs. Feige. Perlmutter wanted to do an Inhumans movie but Feige didn't. Feige wanted to do movies with female leads, and Perlmutter didn't because you can't sell toys for girls.

The compromise would be that Perlmutter would get Inhumans and Feige would get Captain Marvel. Now that Perlmutter isn't involved in Marvel Studios and Feige has total control, inhumans movie got scrapped and is likely going to get replaced by a Black Widow movie and more movies about female, LGBT, and minority heroes.

The option was Inhumans or Liberal Propaganda, and you faggots made your choice pretty clear.

>Is anyone actually an Inhumans fan?
I am. Started getting into comics in the late 90s with the Marvel Knights Inhumans series and Earth-X and have been a stalwart Inhumans fan since.

But if you mention that you like the inhumans here these days then the local x-fags fly into an impotent rage of shitposting so its not worth trying to talk about them on Sup Forums.

>now I know Inhumans are just as interesting as the X-Men
The Inhumans were more interesting than the X-men. Them turning them into second-rate X-men in the past few years was a DOWNGRADE. It stripped the inhumans of what made them interesting all to appeal to people that were never going to give them a chance in the first place.

Thunderbolts is replacing Inhumans, Marvel is just waiting for the reception of MOMS GONNA FREAK.

>feige himself said Inhumans would be in the movies at comic-con
comingsoon.net/movies/features/705659-comic-con-kevin-feige-directors-and-stars-on-the-marvel-cinematic-universe

>“We’ve announced through 2019, we have ideas through 2021 – it sounds like the future but it’s not so far away – we’re determining what we’ll be doing then and certainly Inhumans will be a part of that.”

Karnak and Black Bolt both have (relatively) plenty of fans.

Really, the only members of the royal family that don't are Triton and Gorgon. I'm sure there's a handful of Maximus fans out there.

Its Robbie so its not a waste

Shit and shit belong together

B-but I want Crystal and Karnak in Marvel Future Fight.

Crystal was in lego avengers too. It was strictly and avengers game.

So they are going to pay the critics to praise it.

Inhuman fan on suicide watch!

Robbie is so overrated it's ludicrous. There's nothing special about that series aside from Moore's art.

Isn't this the last season of AoS?

Here's the thing though, they're not going to use TV actors in a major movie and if they did a movie, it'd be about the Royal Family. That's why Attilan and the Royal Family weren't allowed to be used in the show because they were going to get used in the movie.

But if AoS is allowed to use them in the show then that would mean either:
>the movie needs to recast everyone and as a result pretty much invalidates AoS
>the movie never happens
>the movie stars a bunch of literally who low budget actors that no one will care about and be too tied to a tv show that not enough people watch to justify giving them a spin-off movie
So no matter what, it's a bad situation here. AoS using the Royal Family means that either we never get the movie, we get a shit movie, or AoS gets thrown out completely.

None of those 3 things are good. All that so that AoS can do YET ANOTHER Inhumans arc after we just spent a season and a half on them.

This is not good news for an Inhumans fan or an AoS fan.

>>muh Lockjaw
don't you talk shit about the leader of the pet avengers

Its change to a later time and already low ratings make it likely, but 4 seasons is a respectable run.

I guess X really did give it to them.

Fucking YES.

I don't want to see Black Bolt destroyed on Agents of Shit, but I am so ready to watch Perlmutter's dreams of mutant genocide come crashing down around his ears.

>Inhumans lose IvX

>Oh god no. As much as I like AoS, I don't want them going anywhere near the Royal Family. They deserve a big screen treatment.
>Also the inhumans plotline in AoS has run its course. I was hoping stuff like the LMDs and Ghost Rider would mean no more inhumans or HYDRA in season 4.
>This is... concerning.
Season 5 is not very likely
But season 2 and 3 basically did two half season plots so maybe after Xmas they'll get round to more Inhuman stuff

Everyone Knew this Meme could only last so long. I truthfully expected another 10 years of Anti-Mutant Agenda.

I hope so. Sam Rockwell was fucking wasted in Iron Man 2. Bring back Justin Hammer with a decent director and script

Thank you based Feige.

Will someone assassinate Perlmutter so the comic side can injust itself too?

>Terrigen clouds gone.
>Attilan gets fixed, Inhumans go live on the moon again.
>No M-Pox. Xmen back to their pre-House of M strength.

A man can dream

The man is 73. It's only a matter of time...

>six team books
>writers and artists are fighting to be on said books
Him? Never. He'll outlive Stan Lee.

I used to like inhumans before the terrigen nonsense started, this days I just stick to kamala but I already liked wether she's Inhuman or not

>No M-Pox. Xmen back to their pre-House of M strength.
All thats gonna happen within like 4 years, probably. But Pre-House? I Don't know if we're gonna see that for another 10 years.

Change the Terrigen cloud into a toxic cloud released by the Roxxon refinery in Jersey and nothing important about Kamala changes.

Her inhuman-ness is incidental to why she's popular

Yeah if she was bit by a radio active horse she would still be just as popular. It because her series is good.

Inhumans are second rate eternals

>They actually thought they could make the Inhumans more popular than the X-Men.

RIP Inhumans you shan't be missed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AND THE MUTANTS DIED FOR THIS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AGENTS OF FUCKING SHIELD

Never gonna happen. They're too royal and shit. Disney is still trying pretty hard though.

Just Cyclops and Emma Frost. Both former Phoenix hosts so they'll be back

Give them successful cartoon and you'll see how opinion changes.

Yeah just like Black Widow. :^^^^^^^^^^^^^)

Couple a dank memers I see.
At least the best couple can be dead together for a year or two ish.

Marvel has demonstrated they're clinically incapable of making watchable television.

>successful
Here the problem though.

good riddance.
now fuck off and die
also, don't bump the thread, put sage in options

with Loeb in charge of animation? He cancelled AMH because he thought the storylines were too complicated for kids to follow

If Daredevil wasn't done by the top dogs at Netflix it probably would be worse than the movie and already rerunning cancelled on FXX

Netflix basically has full creative control of their little corner of the MCU but Loeb still pats himself on the back like he's responsible for making it popular/good

Poor Triton, he's like the Aquaman normies think Aquaman is.

I never understood this complaint. Inhumans aren't second rate Eternals. Eternals have more in common with the New Gods than Inhumans in many ways, particularly tonally. I think people just see one Kirby creation that is distinctly his own and for whatever reason feel the need to take ones particular side going "this is Kirby's true greatest creation!" and shit rather than embracing them all. The Eternals and Inhumans serve two totally different and distinct functions narratively and for the universe's mythos. The Eternals are Gods in grand Kirby fashion hence all the greek myth parallels. The Inhumans were about a totally alien society. A place whose culture, history, way of life, and everything is so completely different than what the rest of humanities is. The big draw for Inhumans stories were always about culture clash. Either an inhuman living amongst the rest of society (like Medusa and Crystal often did) and how they would react, a non-inhuman going to Attilan and reacting to their culture (most notably Quicksilver but most superteams had a handful of trips there), or Attilan and inhuman society/culture vs. another nation/culture's (Inhumans vs. Shia'ar/Kree, Inhumans vs. USA/humanity, Inhumans vs. X-men)

Although, I guess they actually are second-rate Eternals in-canon.

Man I feel bad for Inhuman fans. They're a good concept, just don't shove them down everyone's throat and at the expense of other characters. And now thrown into a shitty non-canon show. Marvel Comics is run by idiots.

Too Long didn't read.

Ok but X-people are so tired at this point. How many dystopian stores do we need, make way for cool shit. Oh damn, forgot about Kang's run ins with them mawfuggas...

Disney should just make an inhuman series. It's a good concept for tv, especially if they promote it as sci-fi game of thrones

I don't think they're willing to spend the oodles of cash that would entail.

>dystopian
Exactly, I don't mind being hated and feared but Marvel can't keep coming up with ways to make them endangered. Other Minorities aren't constantly being killed off. aren't Mutant's canonically the future of Man Kind? Treat those fucks a little better with the writing.

Black Bolt too.

>aren't Mutant's canonically the future of Man Kind?

Hey yeah, wtf

For it to be a scfi game of thrones it'd need a much larger cast with competing noble houses that people five a crap about

In five years they're gonna be like whoops um Mutant's were always the future. We just went through a rough patch.

Decimation worked once. Why not repeat it again and again.

Morrison's X-men is a little bit to blame. He's a hard act to follow and he brought the Xmen to the end of their natural progression (mutants forming their own cultures and starting to displace humans)

This. People seem to forget that the vast majority of inhumans stories are about other characters having run-ins with the inhumans, or a power struggle between Maximus and Black Bolt for the throne?

I never understood the Game of Thrones comparison either, since that's not what they are at all. Yes there's a royal family, but it's not like there are OTHER royal families. There's only one person that ever vies for the throne and that's Maximus, who you can only have scheme his way up so often. You could probably do one good season off of that, but without making them a bigger part of the universe or having a bunch of crossovers which would be pretty much impossible.

I think the biggest issue is that to do Attilan justice, you need a way bigger budget than TV can do.

Muties are the future, Inhumans are...the alternate reality present?

>Perlmutter vs Fiege

I'm sorry but I'm lost on this feud despite seeing it mentioned on Sup Forums all the time

What is the difference between these two, why was Perlmutter blamed for AoU, how does it affect both the comics and the movies?

I guess may be he should have had a little foresight in his writing, his run has been the Claremont equivalent of the last 10 years, everything written was based off of his shit. But once they have taken a few steps backwards they need to go forwards again.

Remember the 16 million.
Remember Genoshoah.
Never Again

That really pissed me off.
>Illuminati goes absolutely bonkers on Namor
>BB gets a pass

Earth-80082

>The Inhumans were more interesting than the X-men.

...A few Inhumans are as interesting as the X-Men. But overall, not really.

>Remember the 16 million.
>Remember Genoshoah.
>Never Again