Are you guys ready for a preview of Batman #4? It has an All-Star Superman reference

Are you guys ready for a preview of Batman #4? It has an All-Star Superman reference

And that's it!

oh come on

hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This page has instantly redeemed this run in my eyes. 10/10 King.

Haha. Love it.
Those terrorism analogies are in full swing, though. Classic King.

I really liked the alternate covers up until this point, but this one looks really bad.

>That short ass cape
Triggred

New page for FEELS thread.

Not even an "After Quitely" credit? C'mon Finch.

>abandons his sister who is having a breakdown to go play hero
>Probably had a hand in the death of twenty seven soldiers
>tries to ape Superman's shtick while quoting Batman
>Fucks it all up
Gotham was a mistake.
Seriously, you don't get to emulate both Batman and Superman at the same time, the only person who can pull that off is Dick and Gotham is no Dick.

I've never seen that on an interior page homage, just on covers

Also, as for the plot, while it's overall a bit predictable (Gotham vs Batman), it's interesting to see how it came about. And I still want to know the "why" of it all -- why Psycho Pirate, why Hugo Strange, why the Gotham team.

It seems, via , that Gotham is aware that he killed all/most of the men in the previous page. And that he thinks he can make up for it. Nonetheless, it's a cool bit of characterization that the first thing he does after presumably being brainwashed is try to save someone --- but then, as we right after, it's possible that he's *still* under someone else's control, hence why he went to another Monster Men spouter.

You just went through explaining why he's a total dick.

Oh wow it's almost like his mind is being affected by an outside source or something

Bruno Redondo did when he homage One Punch JLI in Injustice Year Three, you can read "After Maguire" at the side

Psycho pirate works by manipulating emotion, look at Gotham Girl. Gotham is perfectly composed, he is not under the influence of PP.

I wasn't here last week, so how do people feel about Gotham and Gotham Girl being siblings? I feel like there's something co-dependent and fucked up about it that I like.

>co-dependent and fucked up
How so?
Seems perfectly normal to me.

Hahaha. That's hilarious.

>killed a bunch of people
>everyone gets scared
>I can fix this!
>perfectly composed

He's a Superheo in Gotham, do you expect him to break down and start crying every time there's a horrific murder?

Classy, Finch might just be an ego guy then

Something about the "she does whatever he does" thing, which of course is normal to a degree, but the things Gotham does are obviously dangerous and extreme (they obviously had to be involved in some shit to gain their powers), and it's all fueled by his trauma. It's like she never had a life of her own. And neither, kind of, did he.
That's my interpretation, of course.

Gotham is clearly freaking out, most likely after killing 23 people under the influence of Psycho Pirate, just not to the same degree as Gotham Girl

that first panel would look hilarious without the text

Women, am I right?

I see what you mean, his trauma became hers by proxy.
It is kinda weird now that I think about it. In fact this is the exact kind of emotional plot point you'd expect from a King book. I can't wait to see where she ends up when Gotham is inevitably killed off.

This is great. I would even go so far as to say better than Morrison's original.

From the sounds of solicits, really fucked up to the point Batman decides to create his own Suicide Squad so he can kidnap Psycho Pirate and make him fix her.

>Gotham is clearly freaking out
I don't see it. He's just doing what he has always done so far, be an inexperienced twat.

That is not a G. It clearly says "I am Chotham"

If he was involved in killing those soldiers, the fact that he is this calm immediately after seems very creepy. Especially if he's inexperienced.

Well it only works because it takes the iconic scene established by Morrison and subverts it. if ASS didn't exist, this scene wouldn't be nearly as good.

Well that escalated quickly.

The Gentry are behind this, of this I am sure

It's a Gothic G

Superman gets to save everyone.

Gotham never gets the happy ending despite trying his best.

Fuck.

Reminds me a little of that "Classic Superman vs MoS Superman"-parody that went around. It even ends with a 'splosion, haha.

None of the other letters are gothic. And why use gothic font for Gothham? Seems arbitrary.

It's their logo

Taking a symbol of hope and corrupting it utterly? Yeah, sounds like it.

Wait

Fuck

>Psycho Pirate was Anti-Monitor's henchman in COIE
>now he's propagating Gentry influence

FUCK

He thinks he can fix 27 murders. It's a low-grade freakout, but it's still a freakout

>And why use gothic font for Gotham?
Seriously?

Aw man, I really like Gotham, but he probably won't make it even pass the first arc.

You guys think these Monster Men people keep mentioning will be related to the Monster Men crossover event?

Nah brah

How... is this even a question?

GEE I WONDER

Kingfags, everybody.

>all this is leading up to a "Batman and friends fight giant monsters" crossover I can't find much enthusiasm for

No I'm sure it's all just a coincidence.

I'd be excited if Kuder were drawing it. Keeping my expectations tempered for now.

Are you confusing the Monster Men for the Monster Society of Evil?

Kingfags are going to be the new cancer. Can't wait to see King fuck up and people turn. It'll be glorious.

The preview art for the Monster Men shows that the monsters are all kaiju-sized.

I like Riley Rossmo's art

Rossmo is better than Kuder anyway. Besides Kuder fucked off to Marlel because of Berganza, blame him.

You know people have been saying this for like 6 months now? And that people like you flood into every Batman thread now just to shit on it for the sole purpose of making people dislike him? You can stop now, it's embarrassing.

So is this going to be the first time Batman and Hugo Strange have met?

We'll stop when you stop sucking King's dick so hard.

Yeah, after the reboot Strange has only been Roy's sinister therapist and that might not be canon anymore.

Fuck off retard. King is my favorite writer and he's gonna fuck up sooner or later, every good writer does and then this board will instantly deem him to be overrated shit. Happened with a lot of good writers and you'd know it if you weren't a newshit.

Still hasn't happened with Ewing

THE TURN is inevitable, but good creators survive past it. Honestly they don't even have to be great, Ewing's hate came and left already.

He already fucked up by having Kyle report to the US army and deciding that Earth would somehow have the leverage to be the head of the Galaxies Committee because he had to have his on-the-nose unsubtle allegory.

A lot of people don't like the Saturday morning cartoon tone of New Avengers. He's also gradually becoming more obnoxious with inserting his political beliefs into his books.

What was the last popular thing Cuckwing wrote? Didn't happen with Snyder when he was on Detective/American Vampire. Didn't happen with Hickman when he was writing his pre Avengers stuff.

I guess that explains how he's been a professor at Gotham Academy. Shame, though, The Strange Stories from Batman's career (Prey, Monster Men, Strange Apparitions) are among some of my favorites, and I'll be sad to see them made definitively non-canon.

For (You)
Faggot

Prey already retconned out Strange apparitions.

>Only Dick Grayson is allowed to be flawless and perfect in every way

Fuck off.

That wasn't a fuck-up. A bunch of autistic nerds who take every scene literal aren't enough to ruin a great ending to a great book.

They better.
It better be some grand cosmic corruption thing and not just hack writers

How is Batman Rebirth? Planning on getting the trade when it comes out.

Damn, I haven't seen Tim Sale in a while. Has he done anything recently? Does he have anything announced?

Pretty good. The pacing could be described as deliberate, though

he's been doing the variants for this book, not sure about anything else though

best rebirth book just because you could tell how much stuff King is teasing and seeding and how it's just gonna keep building up. I love writers who really plan out their shit.

I thought the turn already happened, with people salty over Duke showing up in Batman instead of Damian

I hope that means the lines for his signings will become shorter. He was fun to meet in person.

Marvel recently released Captain America: White by him and Loeb, but that's been on the backburner for a while.

Pretty sure that army general isn't a figment of Kyle's imagination. King literally believes a backwater mudball like Earth has the clout to become the head of the universe.

Probably my favorite Rebirth book at this point, followed by Green Arrow.

Duke barely shows up. It's more of a Batman book.

>Probably my favorite Rebirth book at this point, followed by Green Arrow.
urggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.......................nope.

Nah, that's just Damifag. Besides, Duke's presence isn't really noticeable in this book. He'll be featured more in All-Star.

Hi, Damianfag.

Prey leads into Strange Apparitions. Strange "dies" at the end, and thenin SA he comes back after being missing for a long time (because he "died" in an old Golden Age story)

>backwater mudball with SIX Green Lanterns and several high-profile alien immigrants
>no place in the galactic community

stop sucking his cock!! -

>a backwater mudball like Earth has the clout to become the head of the universe
Yeah, you know, like Ghana can hold presidency of the United Nations Security Council

You Can't Stop Sucking His Cock -

They have the strength to defend themselves, but no strength to conquer, and definitely nothing worthy of trade.

Tom King pls.