Do you think storyboarded shows benefit from being this way...

Do you think storyboarded shows benefit from being this way? Shows like Steven Universe and Adveture time where the dialogue is written by the artists and they pretty much xerox the storyboards too.

Hell no, they need actual writers instead of retarded artists who barely passed Highschool.

I don't know what exactly you're referring to in the OP, but I think I just fell in love with hotdiggetydemon, hell, he should be harsher on the tumbler users

it has its pros and cons, because typically each boarder/writer will have their own specialty, and imo it typically allows for more versatile themes and writing

people don't seem to realize that animation curriculum is heavily intertwined with writing/story building, as well. boarders who went to school for animation do have to learn how to write, not just draw.

How can you hate the only fan artist for Everybody Loves Reimond?

>boarder/writer will have their own specialty

And none of them noteworthy

Would I be an Uncle Tom if I actually like Steven Niggaverse

in what way? I fail to actually see what your OP pic is referring to, none of those shmucks are storyboarders

Yes I think it's a good idea where it can work, because it allows the creators to blend the art and writing, instead of fighting over it, but it's probably not a great idea for every show.

Now as for your image, what's a good way to express that I hate Hotdiggedydemon and Tumblr in equal measure?

>liking hotdiggedydemon
enjoy your unfunny pony/undertale/fnaf pandering, far

did I miss the connection between your image and and the text

>people don't seem to realize that animation curriculum is heavily intertwined with writing/story building
Because the stories in cartoons built with this approach are so bad that no one believes they got any education in writing/composition at all. Tumblr eats up the "lore" shit despite the shitty characterization and endless retcons that force "muh deep feels" moments, so it continues.

Sure, you see them hit one out of the park every once in a while, but the overwhelming bulk is airways always "lol, randumb hijinks as a vehicle for more 'worldbuilding'".

>Maxofs2d
>Hotdiggedydemon
>tumblr

It sort of works with SU because Sugar's outlined the basic plot and boarders are just filling in the bits and pieces.

It doesn't work on AT because Ward does not appear to be steering the ship and boarders are allowed free reign to indulge in their personal obsessions and seem to be actively fighting one another and pulling characters in different directions.

i like visuals over writing so id rather have a show like steven universe where the artists have more control rather than something like bojack horseman or archer where the writing is what carries a rather stiff animation

Storyboarding only is fine for people who just want to make shit up as they go. That seems to be most shows nowadays.

Storyboarding doesn't suffer from having a quality script first. The problem is the schedule.

It really relevant I just used a random picture I had that's SU related

What do you mean? Writers aren't responsible for animation.

The only appropriate reaction.
Why are you bringing this shit here, for what purpose?

Yeah, fuck those shitty cartoons like pre-movie spongebob and classic Looney tunes shorts.

i meant that the pople who made the show cared more about good writing than good animation or even good visual design, not that one is directly responsible for the other

Pre-movie spongebob had writers though.

This.
At least the crewniverse has a guideline

hell, is not like they have no writers what so ever, every episode usually has a a treatment, a clear synopsis written before the storyboard process

Depends on the boarders.

On one hand, we get occasionally great moments of animation, like Joe/Jeff's dancing sequences.

On the other hand, we get House Guest.

When you get a show using with approach with a team of higly-skilled boarders, you get Wander Over Yonder.

>tfw I liked Hotdiggitydemon before he only hopped on the trendy thing
He could actually be doing something good right now instead of shitty fanart and watered-down criticisms of shit everybody hates anyway.
Content aggregation has fucked originality so hard and the only way to get anyone to pay attention to you is to glom onto a trend, this sucks a real fucking dick.

Nope, blaxploitation has a lot of distinct appeal and satirizes the concept of race most of the time, instead of being legitimately racist.

This. The process works if the show has a good showrunner.

My biggest problem with Steven Universe is how bad its dialogue gets at some points. It's gotten better, but for a lot of the show Steven DOES NOT talk like someone his age. It was kinda forgivable in the beginning when his age was ambiguous but once we learned he started as a 12 year old and is now 14 the early episodes got worse in retrospect. He talks like an 8 year old at the oldest. I think the most egregious example is "Together Breakfast".

They also have a problem writing dialog in a way where characters are way too direct in what they're saying or the episode's too hamfisted in its message. It was painful watching "Political Friction" when the characters were talking about how a character has to have flaws to be well-written. And sometimes characters explicitly say exactly how they feel instead of using indirect characterization.

I think Steven is supposed to be a little retarded because he was raised by television, a hobo and aliens.

>Because the stories in cartoons built with this approach are so bad that no one believes they got any education in writing/composition at all.
Many people would disagree with that opinion, particularly when it comes to Steven Universe.

>And sometimes characters explicitly say exactly how they feel instead of using indirect characterization.
I can understand how this can feel like a nuisance, but I feel like sometimes they do it because a big theme of the show is about communication and telling other people how you really feel so that you can reach a solution to a problem. It's not in all cases, but in some cases, I believe that's the intention.

I get what you're saying, but sometimes it doesn't feel like people genuinely having a conversation about their feelings. It feels like a character is staring directly at the camera saying "Hello, audience. I am sad. That is all".

Lol

Well it's true whether you like it or not.

I get you.

>that's the joke

you sound like a triggered tumblrite

so what is the issue? like, dialogue written by storyboarders as opposed to writers?

As someone who is making some independent cartoons:

Storyboarding and scripting are two different animals. When you pretty much have something that's more style over substance or structure, yeah, go for board driven. But writing down a script a couple of times to organize and internalize what you're going for and then polishing it with a board is pretty much the best way to go about it, especially as a group collaboration.

Just don't write it like it's for a dialogue heavy sitcom and don't board it like you have a limited set, it's not that hard, bruv.

Also storyboarders should really learn how to into cinematography much more than writing. And when doing something very dialogue heavy, for gods sake know how to keep a pace instead of writing webcomic dialogue that sounds like shit read aloud.

unfortunately he's not that great. He can be funny but a lot of his humor is sadly forced.

check out the FNAF animation he did though it's pretty good whether you like the series or not.

People eat anything up

True. You can't just have characters announce what they want or how they feel.

Then again, this is children's television.

Shitting on sjw is appreciated but it doesn't make the guy clever or funny. Good luck senpai.

Why is Trump there?

Pretty much this
A script followed by a story board is the best way to work
You can work on the dialogue an story in the script and then translate it to storyboard in a well paced sequence

>liking someone solely because they shitpost about a show you don't like

Christ, how childish can you be?

>being this triggered by someone liking someone trash a show you like

About as childish as you, evidently

>opinion

>being this triggered by someone liking someone trash a show you like

I'm not even triggered. In fact I really don't hate either SU or HDD, I find them both to be pretty hit or miss. I'm just pointing out how stupid you are.

So what was the fanart that wasn't triggering that caused the post?

>calling someone a tumblrite when you like MLP, tumblrtale, or five nights at tumblr

you're confusing me with a different user

MaxofS2D and Hotdiggitydemon are two different varieties of a cancer.

>MaxOfS2D

No I'm not
You said someone is a tumblrite for liking these things

I said you sounded like a triggered tumblrite, where did you get that I was the one who likes faggy shit? time to take a Sup Forums break, your eyes are burning

Yes College Alumni! Like David Goyer and Zack Snyder! We know they can write stuff.

It works for the Regular Show quite well, in my opinion, because it's supposed to be kind of disjointed.

It worked for Adventure Time in the beginning, but it feels like the team behind it has lost focus and that's where you get contradicting tone and character development from episode to episode.

It doesn't work that well for Steven Universe because it's very heavily based on character interactions while still having an epic overarching storyline. That kind of series needs a lot of tight focus to get right, and it's something that Steven Universe doesn't have, and that's partially why the pacing of the show is so abominable. The pacing is not helped by the short length of the episodes, especially if they want to include a 2-3 minute song. Steven Universe would certainly benefit from having longer episodes, and one of the reasons why they don't is because it's storyboard-driven and producing longer episodes is therefore much harder.

It benefits if the show doesn't have a more centralized theme and is able to go all directions without it feeling disjointed.

That's what AT was early on and it worked great, only thing is that the people behind the show tried steering it in the other direction while still basically letting everyone do whatever they want and somehow no one realized how retarded that is.

abdegh