This is like Curb Your Enthusiasm, but not funny. Why is that?

This is like Curb Your Enthusiasm, but not funny. Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sXJ8tKRlW3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Larry is the superior Jew

you need to at least graduate from college to understand it.

I'm not going to college.

It's pretty funny to me

I also think Diane Keaton as Annie is the cutest role in film history

The only part that made me laugh was Annie talking about the guy with narcolepsy dying.

Larry lacks the intellect that Woody has when it comes to crafting intricate characters with their own issues and philosophical and moral outlooks on life

Woody Allen is genuinely one of the worst directors alive

kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=sXJ8tKRlW3E

This is the only scene I ever find memorable.

The scene with Christopher Walken was pretty funny.

Larry never wanted or tried to do that.

t. Mia Farrow

Even if you like his movies, that's still accurate, (though a bit of a hyperbole). The movies look like shit, and if the acting is actually good, it's entirely by accident. His strength is in his writing.
Actually, that's where it might be if his movies were actually good, but they aren't.

Fucking plebs. That movie is gold. You will understand when you finally touch a real boob.

what the fuck are you even talking about

>The movies look like shit
I don't fuck with Woody Allen but to say Annie Hall looks bad is objectively untrue.

Because Woody Allen is like Larry David, but not funny.

Larry is probably the funniest person to ever live.

>Diane Keaton as Annie is the cutest role in film history
I haven't seen the movie but I have a very hard time believing Diane Keaton is cute in anything ever. She annoys the shit out of me every time I see her.

There's occasional cool shit like this in the movie, but the execution is poor and unfunny.

your mom goes to college

K. All I see are flat, lazy shots that were probably done in one take. At least it's of classic New York. Compare it to Taxi Driver to see what an actual visual director can do with the city and I think it looks bad by comparison.

GET IN THAT ASS LARRY

>Because Woody Allen is like Larry David, but not funny.
what's the distinction though? Why is Larry so funny when Woody isn't?

he just is

((((joo))))

comedy isn't magic.

well compared to Taxi Driver of course it's shit
but it's really not that bad

Well that was an extreme example. I'm just saying that nobody would remember his movies for the visuals. Except maybe Sleeper.

Woody IS funny. So is Annie Hall. You just lack the adequate life/relationship experience to be able to relate. You admitted you're not going to college, so you're underage. Revisit them when your 25-30 years old.

am I supposed to hate this dialogue?

Leon Black is one of the most complex characters in television history

I've seen Sweet and Lowdown (loved it) and Midnight in Paris (loved it.)

Where do I go from here to experience the good of Woody Allen?

It's a great film but knowing this board as well as I do only a few percent of people here will like it. Honestly that's a point in its favor.

Because Jewish humour has been overdone now and done better

If you want zany comedy romance go for Annie Hall
if you want true black and white New York Kino go for Manhattan

This. Cafe Society was hot garbage.

>Revisit them when your 25-30 years old.
It also helps to be a fag or a woman.

Orson was right about woody too.

Fair enough, the costumes in the movie stand out more than the actual visuals.

Sorry we can't relate to Woody.

Not all of us have had the life experience of fucking our preteen adopted Asian loli.

bump

I didn't care for Annie Hall but I loved Manhattan.

>I didn't care for Annie Hall but I loved Manhattan.
Why? What's the difference?

I know it's a meme on here, but something about this movie and Woody Allen in general reminds me of Reddit.

this lazy one liners
the sense that he's telling jokes to mask his insecurity
Big Bang Theory-tier "intelligent" humor

back to buzzfeed

This is the only scene I've watched because some hivemind faggot like you posts it in every Woody Allen thread.

it's probably the pedo shit and I'm into 17 year olds

There's pedo shit in Manhattan?

well in that case only in a you shouldn't go around having sex with 17 year olds kind of day

Actually it's like Bob Hope but not funny

I don't know anything about Bob Hope.

This movie is one of the GOAT romantic comedies. The ending monologue gets me every time.

My favorite film.

You're all plebeians :)

Mia is pretty cute in Rosemary's Baby

>Is a completely selfish, pretentious, and hypocritical dickhead throughout the entire movie
>Boo hoo why do all my relationships fail why doesn't Annie love me anymore, it's society's fault

Greatest romantic comedy of all time.

>Is a completely selfish, pretentious, and hypocritical dickhead throughout the entire movie

No he's not, you're making that up.

I thought it was entertaining for half an hour or so, then it just turned into boring relationship drama. I have no idea why people circlejerk over movies like this and Manhattan, which is even worse.

Judaism

Larry's self-deprecation comes across as honest, Woody's as pretentious.

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it.

That's interesting way to put it. I was thinking that it was because Larry comes off as confident acting like an asshole whereas Woody acts like an asshole, but is insecure about it.

Woody just comes across as a whiny, neurotic jew.

Alvy and Annie's relationship wasn't even interesting or fun to look at. He was just a condescending asshole towards her, I don't see how this film was at all romantic. And I know Woody Allen and Diane Keaton were together for a long time, but they don't have any chemistry.

Curb is going for a less realistic, more straight forward comedy sitcom approach to stories

Woody allen is always going for a equal comedy drama combo, filtered through his own voice

yeah he's so fucking whiny
I don't know how anybody could possibly think his high pitched nasally anxious whining is funny
Orson Welles was right

Larry is a one trick pony tho.

Not that user, but I seriously can't tell whether or you actually believe this.

The movie beats it into your head in the last 1/3 that Alvy is the cause of his own problems. He literally says it directly to the audience a few times.

never got that joke

You ever hear of the Seinfeld effect? Where a show seems mundane because everything that came after was influenced by it? Before Seinfeld it was the Woody Allen effect. Larry is directly influenced by Allen but he refined his style (twice) for modern audiences. The scene where they're waiting in line at the theatre could easily be written into Curb or Seinfeld

But Woody Allen only did that once and has been repeating those characters for decades now. Fucking Blue Jasmine might as well have starred him.

That's self-deprecating Jewish humor. It's not meant to be taken literally

Is this the most obvious statement ever made on his board? That's literally his entire shtick. He even comments on it in his films. He's a whiny neurotic self hating Jew that can't relate with people. That's the fucking reason Annie Hall breaks up with him in the movie.

not when uwe boll still exists.

Larry would never pull that gag, and the execution wouldn't be as whiny.

>That's literally his entire shtick.
But it's not funny.

I think it's funny and so do a lot of other people. Seems like you have to be born into it. My parents like his movies a lot too. You just have to get it

what the fuck is there to get he's annoying little shit

He's funny, you just don't understand

Cuz it's synical & witty, user.

funny is money, wit is shit

>synical
It's spelled synicle you dumbass

Kek (笑´・艸・)

broadway danny rose was good

did he do it?