Deustchland

>Deustchland
>Germany
>Alemanha
Why?

Because it's an artificial frankenstate

>why does a country that didn't exist until recently have so many names?

>Heмaчкa

>the name Germany was invented in 1871

Finns call us Saksa, Saxons.

Seems like every country names us after the tribe they were bordering.

>America was invented in 1776

There are many different groups of Germans.
Somehow the Alemannians were the first autists that were recorded.

Germania is the classical name in Latin.
Alemannia comes from the Alemanni, a germanic tribe that settled in the area of nowadays Franche-Comté/Baden/Elsass.
I think that the French eventually used it for the whole Germany and the iberic languages just adopted it as a loanword.
>Deutschland
The native name, it should mean something generic like "Land of the people"

Why is it always an American flag?

Why Italians call germany Tedesco?

>During the Lapland War between Finland and Germany, the terms saku, sakemanni, hunni and lapinpolttaja (burner of Lapland) became widely used among the Finnish soldiers
>lapinpolttaja (burner of Lapland)

I like this name.

>Tedesco
And why do many Italians have the surname Tedesco?

Tedesco comes from latin and means people.
Like Deutsch comes from old german and meas people.

Lol Romans at least admited Germas are people.

Comes from Theod or something which was "Deutsch" in proto-germanic, "Theodiscus" being the adjectival form. So Tedesco is actually quite close to Deutsch, at least from an etymological point of view.

Theod is hardly latin, more like a loanword.

Niemcy in Polish. Word Niemcy comes from word Niemy which means tongueless. It was due to lack of understanting beetwen slavs and german tribes

Theodiscus was medieval latin

Alemannians only in Spain, Portugal and France,

Yes but Theodiscus has a foreign root, namely Theod, which isn't really Latin.

How to pronounce Niemcy?

Saksa?

Sachsen/Saxony

tedesco is just an italianisation of deutsch, I suppose because parts of italy were in the hre for some time so they were in contact with germans form all over and not just specific tribes. lots of people pretend the concept of germans existing as a people is fairly recent but it goes back to the early middle ages. it's just that due to the structure of the hre local and tribal allegiances were more important.

Yes that is what I wanted to say.
It wasn’t in classical latin.

the more you know: it's actually quite funny because you often see kids struggling to guess how the language and the people of Germany are called. You often end up hearing things like "Germani" (which is only used to indicate the ancient tribes) and "Germanici" (which is as you may guess the more generic "germanic")

blame the Normans

>Alamanni so popular
HOW will other tribes even compete

Doucheland haha

Das Blatt...

by not having most of their lands stolen and their people converted by frogs

delet

Half of the languages on that list are French and Iberic languages or their respective colonies' languages (Filipino, Khmer)

It was borrowed into most languages from French though

das autismo

>Ashkenaz is thought to be the ancerstor of the Germans

makes me think

>Norway: literally "south way", describing Germanic tribes which invaded continental Europe

makes me KEK

And that's why you call them "alemães"(alemanni people) and say they're from alemanha(land of allemanni)

>Tedesco comes from latin and means people.
U sure about that? I thought it was a borrowind from German. Like they call you by your own name but they fixed it to fit Italian language more.
Just like Swedes call you Tyskland, where Tysk is just another form of Deutsch.

>Norway and Southway
Mind=blown

Nyem-tsy

*dies by the hands of her majesty of the house Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha*

Yes and deutsch comes from old the old high german diutisc which means people, of people

>makes me think
Jews have their own fantasy version of race theory. Their name for Egypt comes from that system too.

Good lad.

I'm Danish.

Henlo danish persom

The term was originially used in the Middle Ages to describe the language of the people as opposed to the Latin (or later sometimes Italian) spoken by nobility, as a German equivalent to the Latin word "vulgaris". Later it was also used to refer to the people and much later the country.

So your rulers are from the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg. There's no escape.

We really ought to refer to "Germans/Germany" as Dutch/Dutchland, but the Sumpfdeutscher stole the proper name since they were closer to England.

Germany was actually called Deutschland before 1914

By who