People call these "prequels", but do they really fit canonically into the original Planet of the Apes film...

People call these "prequels", but do they really fit canonically into the original Planet of the Apes film? They really seem like their own thing.

i hate niggers

faggot

I thought it was confirmed that it was a different universe than the original ones, might be wrong though.

In the originals, humanity destroyed itself, and the apes came later.

Pretty sure they are just a reboot phalaman

Apes don't destroy humanity either in this. The virus killed 99% of humans and the remaining 1% killed another 50% of itself in wars. The intelligent apes just sat around quietly while this happened

For now it seems pretty stand alone but you can tell that their slowly building it up to connect with the originals. Like with the whole thing about how the flu is making the remaining humans mute and more primitive

It seems there is going to be a 4th movie sometime in the future to help build the prequel series closer to the original POTA movie. My guess would be that the 4th movie would focus on Cornelius or a new tribe of apes altogether.

Remind me who was in the wrong again, Man or Ape?

Well the Apes attacked the human settlement because they found a gun and a hat, so I would say them.

in the original humanity destroyed itself, but in the sequels to the original don't people have apes as pets then they take over, because the timeline changes when caesar goes to the past.

The new movies ostensibly are prequels to the original Planet of the ApesThe original takes place in 3978 long after the events the new movies are showing and have humanity long fallen and the apes dominant.

It gets kind of funky with the sequels though - in the second old movie the Earth was outright destroyed, and the third through sixth movies basically take place in an alternate reality since some apes who fled Earth prior to it's destruction are thrown back in time to 1973, changing history and how the human-ape conflict began.

the first one mentions the lost mission in space so I think they fit canonically

This. Although I think it's best to view the series as it's own reboot, and these references could just be nods to the original movies, such as Caesar holding the statue of liberty model in Rise just prior to Franco's dad's Alzheimer's relapse.

I honestly can't get over how much the apes look like black people. The racial overtones were too much for me.

It was a different time

It's literally coming out tomorrow

It's a reboot, the original movies already had their own "prequel" with "escape" "conquest" and "battle"

>tfw

i dont think this trilogy is related to the original 1968 movie since Nova is in the 3rd movie and the 1968 movie takes place in the year 3978

I just saw it, it's fucking terrible, paints all humans as evil even though they're correct in trying to kill the apes. Ask me anything.

How many timelines are there now?
>the original timeline from the PotA to Beneath
>the new timeline from Escape to Battle because Cornelius and Zira altered history
>now Rise, Dawn, and War

I've only seen the original. Never saw its sequels but still want to so Im unsure