"The CW TV show is too light for the tone we're going for"

>"The CW TV show is too light for the tone we're going for"

>Ezra Barry is more quippy and over the top in one scene than Grant Barry is in the show

What did Snyder mean by this?

>Expecting Snyder to NOT be a talentless hack
What the fuck have you been smoking

>I don't like him so he doesn't have any talent
Be more of a child.

Snyder isn't incharge anymore.
He got ousted after BvS. They are letting him finish JL under strict supervision rather than create a scandal by firing him

Hello Sup Forums

it meant it was either to monster of the week in format or he was politely calling it shit. You cant seriously want the CW to be the same as the film stuff do you?

He still is, just shared power

Is this the new go to insult for butthurt faggots?

barry is going to be raped in prison

I watch the flash tv show

It's pretty bad though. Barry is the premier silver age character . He deserves better

Bet you a dollar he "takes a break" to "focus on his own projects" after JL

He has the unique talent of taking characters I love and that I couldn't wait to see in a movie and making me wish I had other favorites.

>the number of "quips" is the only real difference in tone
>not the plot, the characterization, the extended supporting cast, or anything like that
>just the quips

wow, great observations!

Snyder isn't a talentless hack though. He can competently frame a shot, and he has a distinctive style. All of his movies still suck though.

He didnt make a single quip in that trailer

>we're going for

No Zach, just you, you fucking 15 year old.

He's an amazing director of photography who got promoted above his ability

Of course not, I don't DCCU shit to sullen the show.

CW Flash is fun but a lot about the show fucking sucks.

Yeah, well put.

I loved the first season but the second season was ass. Zoom made everything he touched shit

>I loved the first season but the second season was ass
I feels like Wells is what really made the show. So as soon as that mentor/reverse flash relationship was gone I was worried.

And unfortunately Earth-2 Wells just wasn't as fun as Earth-1 Eobard Wells.

>1 scene is indicative of entire script

Dumbfuck

The second season had lots of problems.
It spent too long setting up Legends of Tomorrow in the first half but it didn't get truly bad till the second half.
Caitlin's plot was in the exact same arc as season 1.
The Zoom reveal was a rip off of the Reverse Flash reveal from season 1.
Zoom relied upon the time duplicates which were a shitty annoying plot device.
The actor they had to play Zoom was out of his depth and flailing. Zoom's writing was shoddy and inconsistent. His motivations and plans changed massively every time he appeared.

Now we get Flashpoint Wells

God CWfags needs to shut up and keep watching gossip girl re-runs

Gustin is a terrible actor and mixing the shitty tv universe with the movies is a terrible idea.

When people aay quip now do they just mean 'line intend to be funny'?

>His motivations and plans changed massively every time he appeared.
Every time he was on screen as Zoom was like "Hey look, I'm fuckin evil. And i have killed many people because I'm evil. And I'm going to kill more, just because i'm evil, but not now. I have things to do, but I'll be back soon". And he runs off for some bulshit reason.

Could the movies do Eobard Thawne any decently? I mean they have stiff competition in the form of Tom and Matt's performances in the CW show.

*Barry's dad

>terrible actor
He's alright
Being an actor, I would know

God... look both are ok for tv, but that's all they are, ok. And they are the best part of the show, the acting is extremely bad in general

Amell?

Yes...

Nah Emily Bett Rickards has the real Amell hostage

That's zoom character in the comics.

But they could make him actual bad guy. Like if he killed all cast and Barry would go back in time to save them. And he could kill Barry too. Season 3 could start with time remnant as the Flash. Like that episode of Rick and Morty when they have destroyed Earth.

the movie universe is worse and it's never going to get better.

>he movie universe is worse
Is not, only a kid would have that dumb opinion

Gustins acting was always top notch. Even based cavanage and many other big names have acknowledged that. Problem was the script.

He means that CW Barry is actually happy sometimes, and that his Barry will be a quipster, but one who uses humour as a defence mechanism against his overwhelming neurosis, depression, and social issues.

Hence:
>I need friends BAHZINGA

Cavanagh has so far been superior to every DCEU villain, and that doesn't look set to change in the foreseeable future.

That's the dumbest shit i have ever read. His acting in season 2 was terrible at best, the dumb voice he was doing was pure cringe, Zod was great and well acted and while lex was pure shit the acting was really good.

I am sure user was tslking S1. Every season he play a different character. He gets sidelined in S2 as a nobody. Hopefully S3 can make him great again

I'd be shocked if Flashpoint didn't bring his Eobard back again

It's time for Letscherboard to shine.

>not the plot, the characterization, the extended supporting cast
We have seen the cast and script leaks the only difference is quips

This is the same Zack Snyder that doesn't seem to understand the definition of "collateral damage" so I don't know why you'd be surprised.

>This is the same Zack Snyder that doesn't seem to understand the definition of "collateral damage"
He made a whole movie about that

No.

That's exactly the opposite of Zoom.

It does kinda remind me of the Black Flash (which is what the show's Zoom was revealed to be in the finale), though he was more of a sentient force of nature than truly evil.

By too light I think he means "not Gay Jewish enough."

You do realise that the tone of the show is literally irrelevant, right? They only said that as an excuse. Who in their right mind would use the TV show Flash when a Flash movie will make them hundreds of millions of dollars?

The batmobile car chase in BvS is the worst car chase I've ever seen. Watch it again, you'll see.

snyder please leave

The movie universe has a bigger budget and higher production value. As a universe, it is worse.

>As a universe, it is worse.

Why? Explain it.

In their effort to move quickly with the movies, they've created a universe in which a whole bunch of shit is stated to have happened in the past, but none of it has had any real impact on the world. The arrival of Superman and aliens was treated as a huge, world-changing revelation, and of course it would be, but this is a universe in which we've since been told that Batman has been acting for a long time, people with super powers and magic already exist. Due to poor planning, there's sort of a "tell, don't show" aspect to the worldbuilding where instead of new, strange things being discovered and changing the world, we're told that they have been around for a long time but their existence just hasn't had any impact on the world. Superman is the one thing that we are really shown to affect the world, and that's because the universe started with his origin story.

So pretty much the same as post crisis New Earth?

He has a talent for making me wish movies I waited for my entire life didn't happen.

Geoff johns will fix this you'll see

>CW Barry is actually happy sometimes
He's not allowed to be happy for more than a couple of episodes.

I was pissed how in the episode where he's confident and optimistic about defeating Zoom he actually was acting like Barry, but they ruined it in the same episode with his dad's death.

>He can do the bare minimum sometimes
>he's a distinct kind of bad
Well, I'm convinced.

>Barry is sad all of Season 1 because his dad is in prison and Iris is with Eddie

>Iris confesses her love
>Barry goes back in time 15 minutes later and fucks it up

>his dad gets out of prison
>then fucks off into the woods

>he goes to Earth-2 where his mom is alive and he's married to Iris
>Joe hates him and then gets murdered by Zoom

>Barry enters the Speedforce and finds inner peace
>Zoom kills his dad

>Barry defeats Zoom
>he sees his father's doppelganger and knows he doesn't recognize Barry

>Iris kisses Barry
>Barry has to fuck it up with time travel AGAIN

Is there any tv superhero who gets emotionally fucked so hard so often?

Johns is part of the problem and he is cancer when it comes to universe building, new52 was his attemp at a universe even when he didnt got to choose all the guidelines

gustin's not a bad actor, but the show itself is horrid

The season 2 finale was about Barry going through a prolongued nervous breakdown.