Did Hannibal ever kill anyone that wasn't a total jack ass? He never killed kids or anything, right?

Did Hannibal ever kill anyone that wasn't a total jack ass? He never killed kids or anything, right?

I think the worst he did was kill that really ugly Asian chick. But she's ugly, so who cares about her.

Other urls found in this thread:

propstoreauction.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/34/lot/6685/
youtu.be/UyL2abH9otw
youtube.com/watch?v=VZJpZtBJWb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He killed Abigail, tried to kill Jack and didn't kill Jack's wife or Alana Bloom by mere luck.

>Abigail
Not innocent. She helped her father kill a lot of other girls.

>Jack
Was always exploiting Will. A literal Jack ass.

No, Fuller clearly had a hard on for Hamibal, making him overly cunning and unbeatable, always two steps ahead for some bullshit reason. Because Fully couldn't accept that Hamibal is a remorseless killer, everyone he kills is shown to be annoying or selfish, as if that justifies it.

He also strangled, brainwashed, and dismembered Anna Chlumsky when she was just a plucky trainee agent trying to get senpai to notice her

In his characterization in the novels, he focuses on rude and discourteous people. The show reflects that.

Never watched this show. Is it basically a slightly edgier Dexter?

Wasn't she currently breaking the law and and trying to work around the rules?

Dexter wishes it was on the kino level of Hannibal

Okay, you have my interest. Is it better than seasons 1 and 2 of Dexter?

Much

Wipes the floor with them, can't believe NBC had the balls to produce a show like Hannibal desu

The first two seasons were really good. I felt the third season kind of lagged, though.

What he did to Will was extremely fucked up. Do you not remember him feeding him a human ear?

Well, he didn't full digest it. And he did it to try and save the one girl he cared about. Plus, he was never going to let will get convicted for actual murder.

>for some bullshit reason

Aaaand here we go with the vague outlandish complaint with no actual evidence.

Hannibal was 2 steps ahead because he was literal friends with jack/ alana/will and or apart of all the investigations. He intentionally put himself in a position to get as much information as possible.

Hannibal kills "bad" people because he has a moral code that most people can actually relate to or even agree with. OF course, if you threaten his life or freedom then you are on teh chopping block as well, which again is a moral grey area that people can relate to.

Hannibal was like mid forties almsot 50 in this
He has had a lifetime of killing and dealing with law enforcement and in the show he is a legit genius.

What you are watching in the show is his mona lisa or Sistine chapel performance. The culmination of all his years of experience and knowledge, his last hurrah.

In that context Hannibal the character is capable of the stuff that happened.

>unbeatable
Jack literally beat the holy hell out of him twice

>Hannibal
>moral code
And he doesn't kill bad people, he kills people who have been rude to him (or anyone else he doesn't like or needs to eliminate).

While I really enjoyed those seasons of Dexter, they're just garbage in comparison to any season of Hannibal.

did you guys know that tv hannibal was literally satan. mads and fuller admit this incarnation of hannibal was satan in human form

Abigail didn't deserve it

If you can stand melodramatic and unrealistic/stylized writing it's waaaay better.

Abigail was a kumquat.

hence the quotations around "bad"... you can easily argue that the people didnt deserve to die, but people can relate to the reason Hannibal killed them.

It's why hannibal was a likable villain.

Nick Boyle disagrees. As do all the girls Abigail lured toward their grand ends at her father's hands.

>did you guys know
there isn't much about the show we don't know or didn't discuss here.

so yes, we know.

Pretty sure even Hannibal agrees. He almost thought of her as his daughter and IIRC tears up when talking about killing her. It's been a while since I watched it though

>You will never watch the season 2 finale and Jack V Hannibal for the first time again

>"Wheres Jack?"
>"HES IN THE CUPBOARD!"

How many girls did she knowingly kill?
It was in the double digits, right?

Didnt want this feel... Still have the episode...

AND ITS PANTRY YOU FUCK

She was a qtie :(

>tears up when talking about killing her

Your recollection of his tears is intact, but evidently you've forgotten that he hadn't, in fact, killed her yet.

shit, I forgot the words, after all its been a couple years since I watched it

>I haven't watched season 3 because once I watch it that means its done

it should be coming back...should be.

>>You will never watch the season 2 finale and Jack V Hannibal for the first time again
fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk that was boss shit that first time round

"In the pantry," you weirdo, ruining my feel like that. just plain rude.

I'm still waiting

Still regret not buying some of the props from this when they were being auctioned. Some of the stuff went for really low prices. Hannibal's cutting board, his suit, Will's glasses, fucking Lawrence Fishburne's pajamas. The holy grail was Hannibal's recipe box with the cards in it though.

>Dexter
Do not bring up this shit.
After 1 season it is become pure shit.

trinity is worth watching though

Theres a slim chance its coming back unless starz greenlights it

>Will's glasses
i would've totally bought them
>Lawrence Fishburne's pajamas
this too

I thought amazon wanted it?

I saved all the auction pictures of his recipe box. Had measurements and everything. I'm eventually going to get around to trying to make a replica.

Now I'm sad that I don't have the cutting board or those beautifully written recipe cards.

Nah there was some kind of dispute with netflix and amazon or something like that. Since fuller is doing american gods on starz theres been talks that starz might be interested in s4 of hannibal

You can actually buy it and the same knife holder and knives on Amazon. At least last time I checked.

Can you post a link to them pretty please? Or a zip of whatever. Would really appreciate

>Forgetting the scene with him going through his Rolodex to find random people to eat

It was a while back and I've got them buried in a folder somewhere in my laptop. If I find them I'll make a thread. They might be on the internet still somewhere

What would you guys want Season 4 to be about? If Clarice is in it who do you guys think should play her?

Found some. propstoreauction.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/34/lot/6685/ Pretty sure I had some more with measurements but I don't remember where I found them.

youtu.be/UyL2abH9otw

I would appreciate that. Thanks buddy

>random people
Except they weren't random; those pigs were on borrowed time the moments they were discourteous in his presence. Even Hannibal's feasts cannot accommodate all that rude meat at once.

That was the idea for s4 but they also wanted to do where hanny and will were on the run in argentina

>Tfw you'll never be a World renowned neurosurgeon by 20 with the most patrician of tastes in everything

Neither has anyone else, to anyone's knowledge.

Still. I also wonder what it would be like to be the anime version and have a mary sue ability to manipulate people and predict what they'll do

I bet you wore a Naruto head band to school.

I'm honestly not that bad, I hide my powerlevel quite well

>ability to manipulate people and predict what they'll do

That isn't very difficult to do. I've been doing so for as long as I can remember, and I didn't even graduate from high school. A lot of people have been hurt, I'm afraid.

No. There is a magic autistic faggot named Will that ruins the show.

I was wondering about that.
His "empathy disorder" is almost like literal magic.
Is that the same way in the books?

not at all, in the books he's just a slightly unhinged guy who can relate to serial killers, they only made him full autismo in the show.
The show in general is not a faithful adaptation of the books, it's basically the best gay fanfiction ever made

>psshhhh... nothing personnel, kid

He once killed a teenage girl just for calling her mother a bitch.

If you want to watch Hannibal , watch only s1 and s2 , s3 shouldnt exist.You can see that s3 wasnt planned.

That's pretty dumb.
Guess I'll just give up on the series and watch the movies.
Thanks for the heads up.

I read a couple of the books, don't remember his character at all. Must be in later cash grabs? Anyway, his generally faggy demeanor ruins the show. He shouldn't even exist.

manhunter and silence are the best movies, the others are ok, avoid any iteration of hannibal rising

>I read a couple of the books
But not the first one.

Don't be stupid, at least watch a couple of episodes and see if you like the style.

he's the main character of the first novel and he gets mentioned in the second one

Probably not. Why, gayfag? Did I miss your boyfriend quivering and sperging out and completely adding nothing to the plot?

Was there ever a season stranger than the last one of Dexter? The characters all lost any semblance of consistency and the mom thing was out of nowhere, may as well have been fanfic.

I'm sure there are better fanfics out there tbqh famalama

Really loved this show, although it certainly had its low points. S1 was mostly the semi-procedural format, even if it is nicely handled.
S2 and 3 went overboard with the fan service by repeating a bit much on the popular stuff from S1. The worst offense however is Fuller's unwillingness to let characters go, and have all these completely unnecessary flashbacks which often ruin the mystery of what happened. Abigail being a ghost, Gideon snail flashbacks, Scully killing her client etc. were all cases of Fuller forgetting that less is more because he liked his actors.

>s3 shouldnt exist
This desu. I couldn't get past the first couple of episodes of S3, it was that awful.

>Empathy powers let you see backwards in time and reconstruct crime scenes perfectly
>Hannibal can teleport anywhere at will
>Hannibal snuck a corpse from Florence to Palermo (halfway across Italy) in a suitcase, then brought in into a church, skinned it, broke its limbs, folded it into a heart shape, then stuck some swords into it without anyone noticing
>Hannibal managed to sneak Gideon's dismembered corpse into Chilton's basement without him noticing, as well as IV drips and also cut a few prime cuts to put in the freezer
>Mason can buy the entire police department of Florence
>Chiyoh has not left Lithuania for decades, watching over her prisoner but knows exactly where Hannibal is, can also materialise at will should the plot demand it just like Hannibal
>Notorious serial killer Hannibal Lecter who can coerce people into suicide through words alone is allowed unsupervised phone calls
>Hannibal can smell cancer off people
>Alana can somehow find all of Bedelia's shopping receipts halfway across the world and somehow connect it to Hannibal
>Chilton is still alive after all the shit he's been through
>Old man manages to build totem poles out of the countless dismembered corpses of his victims all by himself, and did it so the he could go to jail instead of a retirement home

There's a whole lot of shit in this series, but you're just supposed to ignore it because Fuller says it's a "heightened reality".

>but you're just supposed to ignore it because Fuller says it's a "heightened reality".
Well, yes. Not all of it, but most of it. You were watching it wrong if you didn't grasp the nightmarish/fantasy quality to a lot of the show were criminals are constantly pulling off all these extremely elaborate murders.

the part about the corpse going from florence to palermo is not that unbelievable when you are familiar with the italian police. I'm surprised he didn't kill more people desu

Is that one girl still a lesbian in the original books?

He's killed plenty of fucking innocent people, you moron. How was that girl he killed in the second episode as a copycat killer a jackass?

A lot of these are just dumb. But some are simple to explain.
>Old man manages to build totem poles out of the countless dismembered corpses
Pulleys make it easy.

>Alana can somehow find all of Bedelia's shopping receipts halfway across the world
All you'd have to do is look for stores that sell what Hannibal likes, and check their receipt logs.

>Hannibal can smell cancer off people
Actually doable in real life.

>Hannibal managed to sneak Gideon's dismembered corpse into Chilton's basement without him noticing
I mean, he just did it when he left the house. Nothing too strange about that.

Wasn't she really rude and insulting to her mother or something?

Wow, I now totally sympathize with Hannibal killer her. At least, it's not so bad. Maybe his first murder as the copycat was somehow palliated by some circumstance, but that just wasn't mentioned.

It seems more like handwaving and just excuses having to go into greater detail if they can just go "dude it's like a fairy tail lmao" whenever something stupid happens.
Also, S1 and parts of S2 were very procedural, if they wanted to push the fantasy/nightmare angle they should have just started doing that straight away. I quite enjoyed them myself, but they probably would have turned away the normies away if showed some of the shit they pulled off in S3 in the pilot.

Margot? She's still a lesbian and in S3 a major plot point is her trying to steal her brother's sperm, just like in the books.

>All you'd have to do is look for stores that sell what Hannibal likes, and check their receipt logs
How many stores in the world sell white truffles, especially in Italy? It's not as little as you think.
>Smelling cancer is actually doable in real life.
Now that I think about it, there was a bit in the books where Hannibal is identify cancer based off the chemicals that the patients emit, but that still seems pretty far-fetched.
>I mean, he just did it when he left the house.
And his neighbours don't notice some guy wheeling him into the house while he's away? Nothing too strange about a stranger moving a bunch of medical equipment and a dismembered torso into an empty house.

Did the security guard he killed during Will's trial do anything wrong? Or did that other guy kill the security guard? I forgot.

>This is my design
>Epileptic fit ensues
>I am a homosex
Other than that it was alright.

>How many stores in the world sell white truffles, especially in Italy?
It wasn't just white truffles. It was a specific brand, along with a specific brand of whine.

>And his neighbours don't notice some guy wheeling him into the house while he's away
Going in the back. He could not live all the close to people. He put him inside some kind of case and rolled him in. Not exactly hard to put things inside something else. He was a compact size at that point.

In both the books and the movies and the shows he kills people who are sometimes just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Examples are the paramedics trying to save that one cops life he took the face off of, and the 5 people he killed at the airport to get their money and clothes and shit. In the show he kills Beverly who was just doing her job.

In the pantry you fucking tourist

I haven't even seen half of the first season and I already know the notion that Hannibal only killed the somewhat deserving is total bullshit.

I don't like this show because it's way too violent for prime time.
>no nudity
>no cuss words
>ongoing graphic violence and gore in Hannibal ok

Good work martsharters.

The thing I missed most about season one was the soundtrack. Yeah it was pretty fucking generic but it was really damn good as well. Season two and three was just a guy banging on pots

It did work very well during some moments
youtube.com/watch?v=VZJpZtBJWb4
And let's not forget the last ten minutes of the S2 finale.

Exploiting Will, to save innocents... VINCE SHUT THE FUCK UP

I haven't seen this show, but Haniball was never "likable" not in the movies, not in the books... The only book where you kind of like him and empathise is his origin story. I highly doubt that he is truly likable in this show, rather then fascinating.

I'm reading through this thread and debating wether or not I should actually watch this. How is the queer baiting in this show? I only saw tumblr tier stuff about this show so far

Just fucking watch it and make up your own mind.