Why don't people like Rey?

Why don't people like Rey?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-ceo-transformers-future-marketing-my-little-pony-boys-1012852
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's white
They are introducing a black female lead next movie to diversify the star wars universe

>Insufficient Interest
Ah yes, that moment when supposedly unstoppable force of identity politics crashes face first into the vast, cool, and unsympathetic immovable object of market realism.

It's going to become a running theme

>here's a beloved ISP with a few more tokens added in, you'll love it
>I'll pass
>REEEEEE--

Imagine if she got reyped
haha imagine

I'm going to stop you right there, people love Rey.

It's ok to NOT like Rey, but to simply lie and say people as a majority don't like Rey is disingenuous.

This is why I like Hasbro, they know who actually buys shit and who to pander to. Hell they're intentionally marketing My Little Pony harder to boys now because they realize that boys are just more profitable even in a girl's market.

Reminder that RLM consider her "charismatic as hell"

But that's where your wrong kiddo, a lot of people dislike Rey

it's gonna be great

Because she's not a character, she's just a plot device to move everything forward.

>hasbro is ignoring all this outcry for female characters!
>insufficient interest

She is a huge mary sue

>can pilot the millennium falcon better than Han ever could
>can fix the millennium falcon better than Han ever could
>knows more about the millennium falcon than Han

All of which only comes from her being on the ship for less than 10 minutes

>can use all these force techniques in less than one hour after hearing about the force that it takes every other Jedi a long ass time to
learn
>bests a trained Sith apprentice in a lightsaber duel when it's her first time using a lightsaber

Mary Sue/ thread

Snoke's gonna have her replace Kylo Ren and kill Luke Skywalker and Finn must take up the lightsaber once again

to be honest, i liked rey more than finn, by a fucking large margin

was she a mary sue? yeah, more than just kinda, she was full on bullshit

but nearly every time she does something "amazing" or good, its prefaced with finn doing something retarded or wrong, so she looked competent
he felt like a character added entirely for the purpose of making her look better

Because Alien Covenant didn't live up to the hype so now people aren't willing to wait two more movies for her to take her final form and start killing people in true xenomorph fashion.

>People love Rey
What did he mean by this?

Most internet dwellers and IRL nerds don't like her, but normies love her so much they will shit on OT characters to make her seem better

That's because the force is female. Shitlord.

holy shit that's hilarious

I was speaking based off of my interactions with normies who seem to adore her

also RLM loves her, so the fanboys who mimic everything they say will like her

She's not an interesting character. She had no flaws and just won all the time. Even Yoda lost some fights.

Normies only cared for her the first month of TFA release.

>Hell they're intentionally marketing My Little Pony harder to boys now
Proof? What have they done specifically for boys?

What did she do that made her likable?

She's one of the blandest main characters of all time

pony fleshlights

Sup Forums really fixates on her though

artificially manufactured controversy

is maknig wide-eyed funny faces considered acting Sup Forums?????

>Her first encounter with Leia, Han Solo, and the rest
>It's just ten minutes of them bowing to how amazing and apically awesomely good she is
It was really fucking weird, it's like her whole character arc was written by a single autistic dude who's probably been dreaming about his Mary Sue character for the past twenty years. It's one step away from outright writing yourself into the movie and becoming her love interest, like what the weirdo Jewish did in Powerpuff Girls.

>It's one step away from outright writing yourself into the movie and becoming her love interest, like what the weirdo Jewish did in Powerpuff Girls.
I love that story. Wish I could be that guy, except I'd make my self-insert a girl for some quality yuri.

HAHAHAHAHAAH

I'm assuming that this is Star Wars monopoly and not Star Wars: The New Trilogy monopoly.
Star Wars fans are ultimately retards yes but even they know characters like fucking Boba Fett are infinitely more interesting than Rey.

What does this prove? Funko Pop toys are shitty toys. Cheap samefacey shit.

This is what the hooplas all about

Wow, those are pretty fucking cheap-looking.

I have an old Star Wars monopoly and it has really cool pewter figures. Not this cheap plasticky shit. Best part is you're not limited to just playing as the characters, you can play as ships and stuff too.

That said, I wouldn't mind playing as Kylo Ren. Dude has a cool outfit.

Somewhere Mark Hamill is laughing HAHAHAHAHA JOKE'S ON YOU JJ

While the other TFA characters are sold out, most of Rey hasn't sold for so long to the point that they are on clearance

You know that picture with all the capeshit actors laughing at Affleck? We need one with all the Star Wars characters laughing at Rey

>ywn be as dense as this user
Feels good, man.

Mark Hamill loves Daisy.

No matter what the public wants they will continue to have Rey shoehorned into every scene and have every character grovel at her feet in the future installments

What does Mark (maybe) liking a young dumb actress have to do with him hating Rey, JJ, and Kathleen Kennedy?

Rey is Daisy, you idiot.

You can like the actor and hate a character user

Name one example of this happening for you.

There were a few moments that seemed to be overacted but every character in the movie had scennes that were overacted. I blame it on disney.
Overall i think they tried to do too much with the character just to reel newfags in and keep oldfags around. Her character arc was almost nonexistent. She went from tough single world scavenger to tough multi world adventurer with barely any development.

>It's one step away from outright writing yourself into the movie and becoming her love interest
I would have laughed my ass off into orbit if Rey had taken a detour to fall in love with a fat neckbeard with no star wars costume.

It's almost as if (((they))) want you to associate blacks with stupidity and incompetence, and white women with intelligence and power.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/hasbro-ceo-transformers-future-marketing-my-little-pony-boys-1012852
>You've pivoted Hasbro's focus from mostly boys to girls as well, and the stock hit an all-time high in February. What does that say about the marketplace?
>We look at our brands more inclusively than ever. In fact, we eliminated the old delineation of gender. And if you think about a brand, be it My Little Pony, where 30 percent of our global TV audience is boys, or Star Wars, where we are launching [all-female animated series] Forces of Destiny with Lucas and Disney, you're seeing people who want to be engaged in these stories. And we don't care who they are. We just care that they love that brand.

... So from the sounds of it they're not marketing to any specific genders in particular?

Sort off, though they are clearly pushing gender specific properties closer to the middle.

In my theatre when the Starkiller base was revealed someone said "oh come the fuck on" really loudly in the theatre I was at

It got some laughs

those Pop miniatures are so fucking stupid looking, how are they still in circulation?

I unironically think Finn is the best character in TFA, while Rey is just boring.

He's the only "non-heroic" hero of the bunch, and is regularly getting beaten down by normal grunts, while everyone else effortlessly mows the grunts down. He still keeps trying anyway.

Why did they have to make it so Rey pretty much has an easy time doing everything?

This, Finn is pretty much Nu-Star War's Luke Skywalker without the force

ma-rey suuuuuuuee

Too bad they made him look and act like a poofta.
He could have been so much cooler.

Nobody wanted Finn toys either

It differentiates him from Vader. A handsome, effeminate villain. Very intimidating in its own way.

Retarded people aren't scary.

I dunno if you are being serious or not, but I laughed my ass off when I saw his face

There are also pictures of rey toys not selling in huge numbers

Hasbro made a decision for finn>rey for whatever reason, most like economically

Why exactly does Hoai-Tran Bui (whoever the fuck that is) think that a big company like Hasbro would lie about market interest, if there was actually a demand for Rey? Because they're a bunch of big meanie heads who hate women, and also hate money? I would think that Hasbro throws a ton of money into market research, and has a slightly better idea of how popular Rey is than some literally who blogger.

Because she's an obviously token character who is extremely overpowered and totally unrelatable.
>speaks wookie
>speaks droid
>can fly perfectly well
>can repair the falcon better than han
>can fight in hand to hand combat
>perfectly able to use a gun after trying just once
>perfectly capable of using the force and resisting a force user despite not even knowing that the force was actually a real thing up until a day earlier
>defeats a guy who exterminated the luke's school despite not having ever handled a lightsaber before that day

I was half joking but I do like Adam Driver. He inspires me because he shows you can get big roles in Hollywood even if you look like a horse.

And as the people who make the Disney Princess toys and MLP it's not like they don't know what girls want.

I fucking despise Kathleen Kennedy

They did the same for Rogue One. Jyn Erso figures as far as the eye can see. No Hasbro, people dont like Stormtroopers, make more Jyns and that other guy in Rogue One figures instead so you can shelf warm forever. Got to make sure there will always be a Star Wars toy section because God knows Star Wars doesnt sell toys!

That just hurts

The force is an energy that flows through all things and can be manipulated by some people, IT DOESN'T HAVE A FUCKING GENDER

IT ISN'T EVEN ALIVE

she's a literal mary sue in every way
>luke takes 3 fucking movies to just barely beat darth vader, a person who's been trained in lightsaber combat for his whole life
>rey fights with a staff in mos eisley rip off planet, picks up a lightsaber, and learns it within 40 minutes
>Obi wan uses the jedi mind trick on the stormtroopers.
keep in mind he's a fucking force elder
>rey learns about the force hours before and picks up on force shenanigans in mere minutes
the worst part:
>rey and john boyega's character (i forgot his name) go toe to toe with edge lord mcgee even though edge lord mcgee has been training in lightsaber combat his entire life, and still gets BTFOd by maREYsue

Damn, I should actually get some of those because unlike Rey, Jyn Erso is BANGIN'.

she bypassed the plastic boxing

Why does everyone conveniently leave out the fact that Kylo Ren took a fucking bowcaster bolt through the leg? You try fighting two people in peak condition in a row while you have a massive fucking bolt the size of a tree stuck in you.

It actually penetrates us, therefore it is both male and/or female with a metaphysical strap on, or female(male)

no way he was shot in the leg. nigga moved around like captain america. in fact, i don't remember any limping during the fight

I like her

1: the bolt isn't physical, there was nothing stuck in him
2: Injuries like that shouldn't matter to a trained sith apprentice, especially when you are fighting small fry like Finn

Because if he was actually Sith he would've used the pain as power.

Mate I have a friend who has been doing judo since forever and he could throw me to the ground while hopping on one leg without any problem whatsoever.

Which he does, as you can see by him banging on his leg.

You don't remember the part where he was slamming his fist on his leg and roaring, to try and "feed off the pain"? Which by the way everyone knows is a terrible idea.

not a clue what you're talking about.
also, wouldn't that just make him more agile in battle? the dude is a sith! that shit would be something his master would do to him to make his force powers stronger by activating it through his emotions.

WEW
PITT GAME OFF DA CHAIN FO SHO DOE

>Which by the way everyone knows is a terrible idea.
Sith draw power from that shit man.

She has the face of a little girl and the forehead of Alien.

pit whore

check'd

Dat hairline

Pretty sure he didn't get hit in the leg.

>all those pit lines

Hasbro is stupid as fuck. They should just packs of monopoly pieces featuring characters that didn't make the base game.

So cute?

quads don't lie

shes ugly and her character is extremely forgettable.

fuck all of TFA was forgettable

I just think it's bad writing because JJ Abrams fucking sucks.

What are you guys basing this on? I doubt you read the EU novels and from the sounds of it you don't even remember the movie all that well.

For some reason Disney and Lucasfilm wanted Rey to be a twist so they made her as bland as possible in the promo material leading to the release of the film while marketing Kylo and the Stormtroopers a whole lot and making people believe Finn was going to be the jedi of this new trilogy.

How was the TFA Marketing campaign ? It was fucking huge, it was everywhere from bus to fucking chips with no mention of Rey being the main character or a jedi so kids learnt to not care much about Rey (let's be honest kids mostly care about the cool looking bad guys, robots and lightsaber weilding dudes).

No wonder kids don't want her they've been brainwashed by Disney's own marketing campaign to not care about her