When did you first realize Game of Thrones was never good?

When did you first realize Game of Thrones was never good?

season 1-4 are entertaining though

I didn't like season 5 that much much season 6 restored my faith in the series. My fav season is 4

I gave up after season 4. went back and watched some of the old episodes, I maintain that seasons 1-2 were legitimately pretty good. 3-4 were watchable but clearly losing it

reddit

I dropped it after season 3. Although I didn't necessarily dislike the show at that point, everything felt steadily downhill after season 1.

I probably would've watched the whole series if I didn't completely lose all interest in between seasons though.

The first time I watched it.

Season 5 was unanimously the worst season

>sand snakes fight
>every single Dorne scene
>The Assassination of Stannis Baratheon By The Cowards D&D

Just about the only highlight was Hardhome

It was what I expected from the very start - unexplainable cursing and vulgarity and sex exploitation set in a world that is interesting to me. It was good enough to watch everything and I did enjoy it and plan to enjoy the new season.

I don't know why anyone would watch the show over reading the books unless they're illiterate or a retard with ADHD. Even when the show wasn't shit it was a watered down version of the books.

I always thought it was just entertaining schlock. It's very well made but lots of it is stupid, it's just a D&D movie as far as I'm concerned. It holds no deep meaning for me, especially since most of the characters don't act like actual humans would act.

season 1 and 2 are great and everything is after is merely fine

When Brienne beated the Hound

Yeah Hardhome was the only thing that kept me from contemplating dropping the series. But the last 2 episodes of season 6 were among my favorite in the series.

4 was the biggest sign of quality drop. 5 was the confirmation of crap. Basically once episodes turned into:

>here's arya for 5 minutes to remind you what she's doing
>here's jon snow for 5 minutes to remind you what he's doing
>here's sansa for 5 minutes to remind you what she's doing
>repeat for every character in 5 minute intervals
>end episode

Season 1 had a lot of overarching stories and interactions of varying themes, length, complexity, and severity. Fast forward to season 6 where every episode is HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS TO X. NOW HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS TO Y. NOW HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS TO Z. OMG EPIC EPISODE CUZ STUFF HAPPENED IN DUH PLOT GO POST ON TWITTER ABOUT IT!

It's weird how the best episode is in the worst season.

When Boromir died and Season 2 started boring the shit out of me

Seasons 1-4 are pure tv kino. Season 5 was terrible. Season 6 was a little better.

I forgot to list

>the writers forgot they were setting up Sansa to be FemLittleFinger and made her entire character arch MUH RAPE MUH DEAD INSIDE

season 5 was truly abyssmal

Just when I finished watching it.

>becomes terrible once it stops adapting the books
Hmm, RMYT.

Even a successful TV series couldn't prompt GRRM to shit out more than a single, half-assed book. Huh.

>Show tries to be ''realistic'' by killing any character who is becoming something bigger
>With it, all plotholes are left behind as we move on to some new bullshit
>''But hey dude, IRL people have lives like that! they almost do something but some random thing happens and they die''
Ye, thats why real life is boring, watching a series is following the story of some protagonist(s), there is no point in watching when its just a huge clusterfuck without any sense or direction

>b-b-b-but its n-n-new so this means i-its good! NOBODY ever did that before!
If I pour shit into your tea will you enjoy it? well, NOBODY ever did that before!

More so that it started being sjw. The producers probably started pushing it after people freaked out over Jaime "raping" Cersei in season 4.

HBO GO IS DOWN REEEEEE

Fuck them, they try to fight piracy then can't even service all of their legitimate customers.

Came here to post this. I got maybe four episodes in with my girlfriend and I just could go another episode.

The pilot.

this

on the fourth episode

hahahah XD

this, after season 4 its shit

I never had a problem with that desu. Brienne is well-established as a hardass and it's a running joke at her expense that she's huge and manly. If someone like BAD POOSEY had beaten him up with the power of feminism like that I'd be bitching though.

reddit

>tfw the only reason we got dorne in s5 is because they loved ellaria's actress so much and wanted to give her more screen time
>tfw they literally filmed the dorne scenes in the last minute and stuffed them in there

also
>director for s6 e9 requested x amount of days to film
>they only give him half
>rained on the last few days of filming
>were forced to film a different ending and we'll never know what the original was supposed to be

they tricked us! lure us in with naked dany and then a couple of seasons later we are left with nothing but politics and immigration laws what a life

>tfw the only reason we got dorne in s5 is because ellaria's actress is an hbo regular
FTFY

When I realized everybody who talked about it was reddit-tier.

At the very least they don't interject race or sex because of MUH AGENDA for the most part
It could do with out the 20 gay docks it makes everyone see though
>Cersei's walk of shame tho
>HHHNNNMGG

when they killed off Shireen, Stannis,

I have never seen that shit and I'll never will

>tfw you realize this whole time D&D were pandering to the actor and not the character for the entire series

good, I wasted my time watching it.
will still watch or read how it ends.

When season 2 ended as I finished reading Dance.

I haven't yet. It's still good (enough).

>I will read how it ends.
user...

most of my friends talks about it on facebook like a fucking redditors.

I just don't feel like watching it.

>Cersei's walk of shame tho
>HHHNNNMGG

Nigga, you know they CGI'd Lena's head onto another girl's body, right?

when i read the books. Seasons 1 and 2 were decent three was ok everything else was complete shit

It'd been going downhill, but this is the moment I knew it was bad.
This is also the point I only continued watching for Stannis, and I was naive enough to believe it couldn't get worse.

before the end of the first episode

yes?

GRRM is never finishing the books
and he specifically is not allowing anyone else to finish it if (when) he dies

Only seasons 1/2 and some of season 3 are good

Literal trash after that

books are underrated btw

oh, well...I meant the spoilers, I really thought he would have finished the book. I kind of skimmed through the books.

the books are highly overrated, and people pretend that they're better than they actually are
the show at least understands how dumb it really is

The books are some of the worst written novels there are. On the same level as Harry Potter

Oh come the fuck on. They're bad, but they're not even close to being "rip off other people's work and sell it as if it's your own ideas" bad.

Sometime during season 2. I didn't finish it and it wasn't until last year that I went back and watched everything to get caught up because it's still better than 90% of the shit being put out.

Season 5 was when I started noticing.

>bad pussy
>poisoning a child when the boat is like five feet from the port
>20 good men
>Jaime being pussywhipped
>le meme dwarf
>a couple broken pillars for the doom of valyria (I cant remember)

It was when Stannis was asspulled to oblivion that I stopped watching.

around the end of season 1. the scene with the white walker kid from the first episode made me start watching the show, I went into it hoping for a medieval thriller show. Instead I got drama and politics with generic dragons and zombies mixed into it.

first season was pure kino

original had something to do with horses tramping the shit out of people

instead they filmed the long sequence where Jon nearly suffocates after the wildlings panic

Season one was okay. I was hoping for more fantasy and more battles and it focused too heavily on political intrigue. Is it worth it to keep watching?

jesus christ what a fat bitch.

god no

She's not fat, she's just cultivating mass

>cultivating mass
Not even in the right places. What a stupid slut.

I've watched this on and off while having a bunch of long term memory problems and it's funny as fuck to just watch a random episode because I recognize the faces but I cannot remember the names and the plot is just crazy shit I have no idea what is going on
it can be fun but in general the 1st episode reminded me of some renfaire type thing it was laughable

The first three books are comfy though.

First episode

when tyrion

Muh strong womyn characters XD

Season 2 when it starts to deviate significantly from the book my almonds started being activated. I didn't get really mad until the last season though, when like 15 important characters are killed in a single episode.

I realized it was trash before I even started watching the show, which was back in the third season. I started watching it because all my co-workers watch it, and literally being the only person not discussing new episodes was annoying.

He's the same character in every fucking role I've seen him. Completely ruined it for me.

Hey, good actors cost.

When reddit started creaming their pants over it

>season 6 restored my faith in the series
What the fuck?

1>2>3>4>5>6

there was one line he said in the last season that completely fucked me off- I've forgotten what it was, something about wine maybe, but it was such an obvious attempt to be quirky

New season when?

5 hours, get hoip

unironically this

What other TV series have diminished in quality with every successive season?

Boardwalk Empire maybe? Not on the same level though, it can be debated.

>turn on s01e01 5 years ago
>first scene a midget is getting a bj
>turned that shit off right then and there
>no regrets

looks like I was right all along huehue

When I read the books. S1 is still the best one, but even that's a poor adaptation.

Nah, the final season was markedly better than the previous two

Cringe

When I logged onto my Reddit account and saw everybody liked it there and then came to Sup Forums and everybody here hated it.

It must be tiring to define your entire worldview on the tastes of the collective userbases of two rival websites

You're aware there's a general here, right?

after I realized the source material incessantly copies lord of the rings's plot progression

>muh taxes

Breaking Bad
Heroes
House of Cards

after joffrey died. specifically the incredibly obvious filler episode where jon goes to fight the night's watch traitors.

After the first ten minutes when it became apparent that they ruined the story and GRRM was a fat, lazy sell out who will die of heart failure long before he finishes the book series.

Season 1 when I noticed that half the cast couldn't act.

how was it apparent that they ruined the story in the first 10 minutes?

Lost

this sunday