Was this punishment not a little harsh for a child who damages his toys and steals his sister's?

Was this punishment not a little harsh for a child who damages his toys and steals his sister's?
His behaviour is most likely from bad parenting and woody and his friends have made it so he will be assumed to be mentally ill and he will be damaged for the rest of his life.
Poor Sid

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he was bound to become a fucking psychopath tho. Now he's just a garbageman, they saved him

Man, this movie has not aged well.

Is was that or having Buzz died, you dumbass. Sorry if the toys didn't think the life of one of their own wasn't worth saving over a kid's sanity.

What a shitty thread.

If the toys cared about their own so much then why would they consider Andy's happiness more important than their own. And why would they do the whole pretend thing in the first place. Clearly they want to help and serve human children you doofus

dude it's CGI from 1994 what did you expect? anyone on /3/ can do better on their intel i5 nowadays. It was groundbreaking for it's day.
It always annoys me when retards can't judge things in context.

>jeez weapons that used a single bullet and gunpowder hasn't aged well
duh, back then they were almost magic

That pic can't be from the movie....that legitimately looks like a PS2 game. I could have sworn it looked better than that. There is almost no detail on the leaves, the textures on the fences are bad, and the lighting is poor.

By saying it hasn't aged well it implies it was novel at the time you autist.

>Andy's happiness more important than their own.
They cared about Andy's happiness, not Sid's, and that's such incredibly idiotic reasoning.
>X considers Y's happiness more important than their own
>this means X doesn't care if someone of their own is killed by Z
Great reasoning.
>doofus
Ironic, you fucking moron.

Visually, no.
But this movie's writing is way too good for what most people probably expected. I watch it every time it's on TV and still laugh my ass off.

Still looks better than the cgi in iron giant

no it doesn't. It aged perfectly if you judge it properly. What didn't age so good is the lawnmower man, for example. It looks like reboot.

It's not meant to be seen on large HD televisions.

It looks better in motion. But it's the reason why the movie focuses on toys, they look less weird than the humans do.

Toys are alive in this universe and he was basically toy hitler.

I can't blame them.

Is he /ourguy/?

I mean the CG doesn't bother me personally because it IS the first fully computer animated feature. It isn't fair to say it hasn't aged well with what we can pull off today.

It seems a bit excessive. They could have found a different way to save him

Yet it was meant to be watched on a big theatrical screen?

Felt bad for the army man with the nail through his head.

>not feeling bad for Carl

So he was a good, just man that didn't do anything wrong but autistically get a few million people killed?

Did anyone like sid's toys?

sid is just a normal fucking kid

if anything andy is the wierdo one not sid

sid is a responsible adult who has a job

fucking andy lived with his mom like a cuck

How was Sid meant to know that they were alive though?
What if it turned out the toilet was secretly alive and he had been shitting on it so it ate him?
It wasn't fair to give him such a hard punishment. What was the moral besides take care of your possessions?

Do you want to suggest a method? I guess they could have rushed and saved Buzz, but that probably would have resulted in them being discovered. Their method of scaring them was probably as effective as somehow taking Buzz when Sid wasn't looking. But the idea that they should have been concerned for Sid's mental health and just left Buzz to die, or hurt their chances at saving him is just ridiculous.

Perhaps Woody could have had to deal with the consequences of his actions. A real moral for kids as they see what not to do. The movie closes as Woody is drunk slurring you've got a friend in me before jumping off a bridge.

What did Sid do wrong really? Apart from take his sister's toys? Woody was the protagonist but also the character who did the most wrong.

What's more surprising is how if all toys around the world are sentient, how did no one notice? Andy's toys for instance had some preeeetty close calls.

that baby head spider used to scare the shit out of me when i was a kid

The consequence was that they ended up in Sid's house, and Woody literally dealt with it by coming up with the plans to escape, so there's no need to engage in hypotheticals because that's actually what transpired.
> The movie closes as Woody is drunk slurring you've got a friend in me before jumping off a bridge.
Man, you are so fucking stupid. You can't even say, "no an argument," because along with my insults, I'm actually answering your arguments substantively.
>What did Sid do wrong really?
He didn't take care of his toys unlike most kids. If you want to be pretentious blowhard, consider that those toys were probably purchased by his parents, and he's not respecting their intentions. >Apart from take his sister's toys?
That seems pretty bad. He not only didn't have respect for his property, but others as well.
>Woody was the protagonist but also the character who did the most wrong.
What is the point in saying this? I obviously don't agree with this and you're just rephrasing your opinion from before which is that Woody did do anything wrong. Woody, quite rightly, saw his plan as the only one to save Buzz's, and the life of an individual, even a toy, is worth more than the sanity of some kid, which you are speculating with little evidence was actually lost.

It's extremely pretentious to analyze the film in this way, but it's even worse when what you're saying makes little sense. Maybe you're actually convince that you're still right by this point, but even if you were, you would still be in the wrong by your very approach.

he's a garbage man now he's fine

Nah, it looks more like an early Xbox360 game.
Early Xbox360 games looked like good PS2 games. Late Xbox 360 games look like half way decent modern games.

Still kinda wish one of the toys talked to Andy before he left.

the first scene it appears was pure terror for me

>tfw never succeeded in making cool fucked up toys like those

Post yfw Sid returns as the hero in Toy Story 4

>I mean the CG doesn't bother me personally because it IS the first fully computer animated feature
no it is not
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassiopeia_(film)

That car with limbs is actually fucking cool

The only way to show he was the same kid was to have the same logo.. implying hes worn it for 10 years straight? Maybe part of the mental breakdown.. cant remove his shirt anymore.. Its a loose easter egg, but could have been done better, maybe the mum saying Hi Sid to he as she takes out the garbage bag?

I have downloaded this for my kids to watch, and i dont remember if it was in the original, or if its part of a remaking but they have really made the glow in the dark parts of buzz stand out big time..

He is the embodiment of the alt-right. A beta white male that terrorizes women and exerts his frustration on inanimate objects because he's too much of an idiot to do anything to change his life around. Inhumane, cruel, but ultimately a coward as well.

what?

Toy Story 1995
Cassiopeia 1996..

Can you get me next weeks lotto numbers while your there?

it's unironically the only reason I still haven't watched that movie

Sid is the only character who's shown as being creative and inventive. He's modding toys into interesting new forms and exploring new styles of play. The movie treats him like sociopath.

Buzz Lightyear is the only toy with a real dream. He wants to be a real astronaut. He wants to fly. The majority of the runtime is spent tearing down that dream as the other characters laugh at him for his foolish naivety.

Toy Story is a movie that violently defends the status quo. No one is allowed to move beyond their station. Anyone who tries is a villain or a clown.

Very true.

You need to look up what a PS2 game looks like.

I swear, everyone who compares CGI to video games always goes one or two gens before what it actually looks like.

doesn't change the fact that it hasn't aged well you fucking retard, being amazing for it's time has nothing to do with that statement fuckwit

>found my copy of starfox snes today
>people complaining about ps2, xbox, and pixar graphics

The human characters look fucking heinous but the toy-only scenes (which are like 98% of the film) look perfectly fine.

>Sid
>same age as Andy
>garbage men in my area make $27 an hour which equals about 56k a year
>Andy is about to drop $80k on college and will most likely be able to find work
>were supposed to believe Andy "won"

>*unable

Pixar is very Mormon, and very classist. Sid was a disadvantaged kid with less parental supervision, so he was bad. Years later the cockmongler in charge of Toy Story 3 had to show Sid is a sanitation worker now, because fuck kids who don't grow up rich and coddled. No college for you, Sid! Shit job for you, Sid. Fuck Pixar.

So who is excited for Toy Story 4

Nobody should be you fucking faggot. 3 ended on a perfect note you stupid fucking asshole

:)

Nobody 'won', user. They just went different ways in life

>maybe the mum saying Hi Sid

then it wouldn't be an Easter Egg you fucking mong

>muh blue slave collar is better than your white slave collar
stop, your retard is showing