Bill Cipher Statue Hunt Thread #29 - Focus On The Clues Edition

REMEMBER: ONLY THE FIRST AND LAST CLUE MATTER.
JOURNAL 3 IS IRRELEVANT.

CURRENT CLUE:
"Return to where it all began / The final piece is in your hands / The parchment can be such a tease / The answer's written in the trees"

FIRST CLUE:
"The urban legend has come true / Cipher's statue's calling you / The secret map is in your hand / To trace the clues across the land"
"Don't forget it's all for pleasure / The hunt itself's the real treasure / But a prize awaits the first one there / Be safe, be smart, and of course beware"
VIGENÈRE CIPHER WORD: Pines

LAST EPISODE'S CLUE (just in case):
"Hidden deep within the woods a buried treasure awaits / Secrets lost and statues found beyond the rusty gates"

DON'T FORGET TO WATERMARK YOUR FINDINGS.

IMAGE OF THE FIRST CLUE + MAP:
i.4cdn.org/co/1469655360479.jpg

POSSIBLE LOCATIONS, RECAPS AND STREAMS HERE:
pastebin.com/dz0Ta3cv

The statue may be in either California or Oregon. So take a trip, find it.

Previously:
Information may be updated as the hours pass, be sure to read the thread (and pastebin) and stay up to date in all Gravity Falls mania.

DO NOT POST A NEW THREAD BEFORE PAGE 10.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dz0Ta3cv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All hope is lost

His vest should be teal/pale teal like the site background, maybe just a little darker for shading so it doesn't look like half of his design is transparent

has anybody tried steganography

ME WILL BE FIRST FUCK REDDIT TWITTER AND TUMBLR AND OTHERS REEEEEEEEEEE

So, theoretically, let's say I just found the statue. Should I leave behind a message? Something like a Polaroid of the statue and a time stamp that reads "Many thanks! - Sup Forums"

Or just take it and leave nothing behind?

Fuck off

That would be nice, yes

At least tell us so we can stop speculating and trying to figure out this fucking clue.

Teal would clash with the green, plus navy just makes it more canon. It's good. Yellow bg matches the bill puzzle piece

First you take some selfies proving you were there

So, I notice these two really odd obvious things that almost nobody is giving a shit about:
1. There are upside-down branches. Maybe they shouldn't be there, or for some reason the map creator did want us to notice these particular branches.
2. The first and the last tree are the only ones that "look alike" because they are upside-down branches, and are pointing towards the center. This might be the beginning of a pattern.

bonus: The shadow underneath the trees is quite odd. Looks more like if there's a big square, than it's a real shadow. Altho this is a bit of a stretch.

But telling you would still tell everyone else on the other sites. That isn't any fun!

If you wanna listen to Sup Forums word per word, ejaculate on it, rest your ballsack on its hand, and put a maga hat on it.

If you wanna listen to common sense, take a few photos, write like "Sup Forums was here first!" aaand done.

Still nothing promising...

And not posting proof proves to us all that you're a fucking fraud

Lets keep Polybius going anons! This is the most likely option I've heard, and it doesnt involve driving into a volcano based on no new info

Do the ol' Sup Forums way and shit on it.

Besides, if the branches don't make any message whatsoever by their shape or negative space, again, why are there upside-down branches?

I think this is the lead, sounds least insane than the other theories.

You should cum on it.

Theoretically.

The former

This is why I think Polybius is it. These branches are meant to delineate 1's vs 2's, 3's vs 4's, etc

can someone post the transparents plz

I think if someone can come up to a reason why there would be upside down branches, we would get somewhere.

1. The trees and branches don't spell any clear message by their shape or negative space.
2. We don't have a clear pattern to identify something with counting branches or trees, or etc.

Hmm... You know, I think I will do the whole picture thing. Then sell it on ebay. Because that seems the smartest thing to do. Why? Well, not only are ALOT of people trying to get their hands on it, there are plenty who want to deface it. That means if the other sites have any sense, they will put up top dollar to keep it out of the hands of anyone who wants to destroy it. And because the ones who want to destroyit DONT want to give any of the kids the satisfaction of saving it. Yes, I would make a listing on ebay, that seems best.

Alright, Sup Forums. I'm here, ready to see your solution.
What? You STILL haven't solved it?
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Put a MAGA hat on it.

but we don't have a clear lead to set it as a pattern, we are forcing it because we lack ideas.

Fuck off, you don't have it. Get your head out of your ass and help actually try to solve this thing

>DON'T FORGET TO WATERMARK YOUR FINDINGS.
Stop this faggotry.

"Too late, Sup Forums was here"

Hello tumblredditscordtitter.

Fucking faggot

Depends on whether Hirsch & Co. would allow the sale, really.

but yes, if so, that's the true capitalist way. an auction on ebay.

Fucking spy.

THIS BASED JEW MANLET IS GETTING AWAY WITH IT AND HONESTLY? HE'S MADE KEKS OUT OF ALL OF YOU.

What about limiting the variables to just those 5 features of the tree branches and knots

He's pretty hot tho.. I ain't even mad.

Daddy

>muh sekrit club
Just shut the fuck up, cancer.

This thread is turning into this, and it's going to hell.

Steal it in the name of Sup Forums.

No, I do not have it, just asking what to do with it if I did. Also, been helping since this thing broke, I'm fucking tired and my mind is wandering.

It already is. Unless you get different numbers, then shoot them to me.

We need the transparent of the map... where are they?

the pines lead the way, anotheR clue anOther dAy. eye the one alone in stone. my eye replaceD, but why?

SHIT! EVERYONE, get on it!

You heard the fake clue boys, it's a road. Somewhere. That matches the squiggle.
Er, GET TO IT.

anime slut stealing our theories

What is this supposed to be?

Kys

anybody have the coded side of the last clue?

What are these things circling?

this ?

Doesn't have the little circles though

coordinates

We did find the word "ROAD" in the trees which could mean the dotted line is a road or highway.

Did we ever try matching the three circled dots (eyes) to three US clue locations?

The circled triangle on the right side of the tapestry is the clue found in Japan.

In the middle of the tapestry, the clue found in Russia.

The left side of the tapestry is the American West Coast.

The three circled dots the US clue locations.

The dotted line, a road or highway.

The arrow pointing north is the map's compass.

Is there anything to this? Let's look at it.

Earlier I came up with these three points of the exact locations of the previous three clues. When the map was overlayed, the x was in the ocean though.

Made a new one, this time with the eyes and lowered opacity for clearer overlays on maps

Remind me: how did we get these numbers?

Didn't someone say they read Tillamook in the parchment? What if it's there?

Alex confirmed for dad material.

Grab a swimsuit fuckers

Sweet, I'm saving this one then

Ah, okay. Hmmm. Maybe not.

I will admit that the pattern of the three dots does look similar to the pattern of the three clue locations though, but that could certainly be a coincidence, like so many of our other theories lately.

Thank you very much user, that's very nice.

ok guys...

Where can I get a monocle to add to my Journal #3?

I think the numbers are just enumerations of the letters they found.

wrong thread

Yeah... I am stumped

ty user

Ok so I saw in the last thread some one suggest that the tear in the map was a river/coast line and I just found this that matches more or less and if true would place the X right on Pyramid island.

Thoughts?

I seriously think it has something to do with this. The fact that the points from the last three clues line up perfectly with the circled dots would be a major coincidence otherwise. I'm stumped on the X in the water though, plus this solution didn't involve the "the answer's written in the trees" unless we can spell out one of those coastal cities.

Original pic for reference

I know people already did this, but why do the eyes look like they match up perfectly with the past clue locations?

I don't see it... line them up please?

The eyes could just be decoration

Or the eye in the hand itself could be special

We could have to scale down the circled hand and trail to fit right around the tiny point of the lashes eye

So the trail leads directly off from that point

That's before the depression

Maybe you take that location in the ocean and transform the coordinates somehow?

Dejavu

UPDATED THE PASTEBIN. NEXT THREAD ALL THAT CLUSTERFUCK OF INFO WILL BE GONE.

pastebin.com/dz0Ta3cv

Ooh, you might be onto something. Overlay the clue and the map -- this might be big.

That reminds me of Birth Island in Pokemon Emerald.

Where the legendary Pokémon, Deoxys was.

They don't just look like it, they do line up perfectly.

Try scaling it down so the circle around the hand is right on top of the middle location. Make it smaller, I mean. Right around the location that is actually in the eye. Just to check.

Here's Piedmont

>more or less
I suspect it'll line up perfectly when we've found it.

>FULL RECAP:
.reddit.com/r/gravityfalls/comments/4tte1f/cipher_hunt_megathread/

>reddit

Not them, but it's pretty organized and detailed enough.

No one here made one so might as well use it.

Reminder, the original gravity falls map had Oregon pieced together like a puzzle almost. Maybe rearrange that map with the transparency, then overlay it over actual Oregon map? Also looking into it there are several stonecipher roads in Oregon. Some are spelled differently though. I live near a few. I'll look into that more I guess.

Usually I'd agree but lately it looks like he's aged 10 years in the course of one.

Right, just try scaling it down and focusing on the center dot, the only one with lashes and the only one actually in the hand circle. Make it smaller.

they aren't even updating it anymore, but it does serve as a good recap

>The eyes could just be decoration
That's why I made them less transparent than the main trail, to differentiate the two in case they mean nothing.

>Everything else
Not sure I follow you there. You mean compress the trail so the path starts and leads away from the tiny eyes? It would still point to nothing.

>All those thanks
You're all welcome, anons. Let's just find the damn thing. Let me know if there's any light Photoshopping that needs to be done.

I haven't noticed a decline in handsome, sauce?

True, but I think that could be it. We just need to systematically comb the entire coast of Oregon as well as any and all rivers that could match the pattern

They updated everytime a new clue is found. They're not gonn put theories there