How bad is this going to be?

How bad is this going to be?

Honest Opinions.

How was every other big marvel event in recent memory?

There's your answer.

Doubles of truth.

This looks to be on about the scale of Standoff, and that was pretty good.

But how much shittier? They can always get worse. I'm thinking this could be Ultimatum tier bad.

Soule's Uncanny Inhumans is Mediocre and Lemire's Extraordinary is terrible.

Secret Wars was pretty good

Secret Wars was boring shit.

Man I really was hoping Standoff was going to be what causes Civil War 2. I really liked it.

fuck this Minority Report shit. No way HvX will be as bad as CW2 right now

Could this man improve it?

Realistically it'll probably be another chance for editorial to shit all over the X-men in an attempt to hype the Inhumans.

If the Marvel vs Fox feud is finally over. It could be a chance to wrap up the Terrigen thing before relaunching the Xmen properly

0.6 Civil War II bad.

Secret Wars was Marvel's Convergence. Shit main book, good tie-ins.

The inhumans don't have to do shit. The mists are literally an enemy the mutants can't outfight or hide from.

They are going to make the Inhumans look beyond evil. Damn shame.

How the fuck does anyone stand up to Black Bolt if he's fighting even semi-seriously?

I get Magneto has some insane feats, but hasn't he been severely nerfed?

And yes, I know Black Bolt is just there to job, but still.

The writers will drag out the phoenix to counter BB

There is a more important question to ask.

What books will we be getting from this ?

I + X ?
young inhumans ?
Iceman solo ?
a new x-book ?
IX-men ?

Black Bolts been nerfed to hell to. He used to be a matter manipulator who could engage Ben Grimm in a one-on-one melee.
Now, it's like his speech is his ONLY power.

If the X-Men "win" it will be considered the greatest event of all time.

If the Inhumans "win" it will be considered the worst event of all time.

We all know at the end of this the cloud will be gone, I think marvel has enought inhumans OCs for 3 years.

>muh powerlevels
Go away.

Secret Wars was still better written than Fear Itself, AvX, Original Sin, and for that matter any Bendis event. That doesn't make it a good event, just that it could've been worse.

Now user, why would Marvel ever get rid of the gas until all the Mutants are gone in some futile attempt to give fox the finger?

What if is a tie after two characters from each team die ?

Blank paper is better written than Bendis event, desu.

Then people will complain it was pointless.

Because what is the point of having 1 millions of inhumans on the main/different inhumans books if you have to develop the main cast ( the royal family ) for the movie.

Mag has looked really weak in uncanny. The general belief is that magik could teleport him to Limbo and using her demon army plus the hell lord home boost she could take him. That being said BB has been nerfed a lot too, his voice has been toned down and they have forgotten all of his powers besides the flying brick stuff.

Marvel TV are co-producing the Legion TV show. Marvel TV and the comics is the last thing Perlmutter has control of.
It's a sign that the Marvel vs Fox feud is over

The movie that got shelved and might not get made now

the movie that MIGHT get made for 2021 or whatever, we are still too far away and maybe marvel realize that now is not the time to push the inhumans as hard as they did.

>mandated publicity stunt event
>there to shit on one of their franchises in particular
>written by two people who don't know what the fuck they are doing
This is going to be legendarily aweful.

Yeah, I'm really sure that it was because of that and not because of Feige and Perlmutter's in-fighting. Uh-huh.

eXhumans

I think what they meant was that a big push 2 or 3 years before the Inhumans movie makes sense but a big push when the movie is maybe coming out in 5 years maybe never doesn't make sense from an editorial PoV

Agents of SHIELD has also reported that the rules forbidding them from using more well known Inhumans have been relaxed which implies there may no longer be plans for those characters. If we see the Royal family in season 4 we know the Inhuman movie is dead

It'll be like AvX.
Everyone's out of character and makes stupid asshole decissions just to keep the plot going, the whole thing makes no fucking sense from start to finish in the first place and in the end it's just going to fuck over X-Men even more.

Hell, maybe there'll also be traces of BotA in that we get focus on some characters whose actions make no sense AND have no relevance to the plot anyway.

Not if he's written by Lemire.

Yeah, what a douche. Expecting some level of consistency.

>wrap up the Terrigen thing before relaunching the Xmen properly
It's cute that you think they'd want to do such a thing. We were only just done with a Decimation story, but they immediately forced Terrigen bullshit on the writers again.
Marvel fucking hates the ideas of X-Men getting established again and back to their status quo as an emergent subspecies.

If you expect that in cape comics, you picked wrong hobby.

He quit. Giving the middle finger to everyone as he left.

So who are you guys hoping bites the dust? No funposting like "all shithumans" or "all muties".

Personally, I'm hoping they get rid off that useless twat Inferno. God, what a pointless character.

>Marvel fucking hates the ideas of X-Men getting established again and back to their status quo as an emergent subspecies.

You mean they hate that Fox has the film rights to the characters

...didn't the Inhumans already win? Isn't this just going to be a flashback? I mean Scott is already dead.

Judging by the way other mutants talk about him now they're just going try to do their best make him look as bad as possible I bet.

>create Inferno
>yay!
>Toro was Inhuman all along!
>OK...
>it's Johnny Torch time!
>oh come on
Fire spec was a mistake.

Ororo and her team are working with the inhumans in CWII. Bunch of hypocrites.
#Scottwasright

Nah. We got the first Decimation once Morrison wanted to do more with Mutants as an actual subculture.
That leads me to conclude that Marvel is terrified of the idea of Marvel earth society developing too far away from the real world.
They'd rather just keep it at real world + super heroes + super spy agencies.

colossus, nothing against him but the being a the endless brother complex has stunted magik's character
That is death of X your thinking of.

Beast needs to fucking die at this point. Maybe they can revive him somewhere down the line in a less insufferable state.

Beast dying to create the cure to M-Pox would solve everyone's problems at once

It's his turn to die all the other Xmen have done it once already

What did beast do

Rightfags hate Beast, ignore them.
jk, Beast is written like whiny retard for last decade or so.

All he did was bitch at everyone because the X-Men weren't like the X-Men he remembered anymore and it only got worse from there. The whole reason the O5 are running around is because he threw a temper tantrum and convinced himself that this would somehow prove him right on everything and make everyone stop acting in ways he didn't like.
The last thing where he was decent was the SWORD mini. Should've stayed in fucking orbit.
Storm hasn't been good for the last two decades, but she's still in a better spot than Beast right now who at this point has been entirely character assassinated.

post yfw they have young Beast take a bullet for Catface McCoy instead

Can we just whack everyone I don't like?
Both Beasts, among others.

Does... Does Marvel not know how to write villains any more? Not joking, I'm legitimately concerned at this point...

The shithumans are the bad guys, user. Literally a bunch of fascists gassing an endangered minority.

I think its going to be entirely OK, but smear multiple characters on both sides through the mud and by the end of it, both X-men fans and Inhuman fans will be upset.

And those of us who are actually a fan of both, like me, have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Yeah, I imagine the climax will be:
>Scott comes back all Phoenix'd up with some hail mary plan that could either save everyone or destroy the planet
>Black Bolt says No

>>Moongirl is on the poster but not Crystal
The fuck?

Kill Beast. I don't know or care if that counts as a mutant or inhuman death but that fucker needs to die.

Which, likewise, means that they can't actually go through with the inhumans plotline either because a world a significant chunk of the population is inhuman has the same problem as one that's significantly mutant.

only good O5 is a dead O5

Where is Dazzler in all this?

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT DAZZLER

From Inhumans, Gorgon is a good casualty given what he does.

From X-Men, Colossus is one that no one will mourn so he can go.

She's on A-Force with Medusa, is infected with M-Pox, and just recently met an alternately reality version of her who died in her arms due to M-Pox.

Rachel could literally tear his brain out of his head by looking at him. Any telekinetic could. Any speedster could slit his throat open. Any competent telepath could mindrape him into diapers.

Black Bolt is like Cyclops turned up to 11, but not as smart. His power is overwhelming, but he himself is very vulnerable.

Realistically though, he'll probably be depowered somehow.

I don't know how you faggots even pay attention to this shit.

Medusa. Inferno. Earthbender Guy.

Beast.

Three outcomes
1. X-men are fucked, a lot of people die
2. The races eventually merge somehow, becoming the same thing but slightly distinct and in 2 groups
3. Because the Inhumans movie is never, ever happening the X-men win and stop getting fucked in the ass

I'm putting my money on 1.
Considering we're not even getting an X Book post CW 2

>sabretooth
>teen jean
>old man logan
I want my old toys back :(

>Considering we're not even getting an X Book post CW 2
They are X-books running all the way through. They are in the full solicitations, they just weren't in the marvel preview comic.

If it wasn't that after CW2 there will be Death of X, that there have been the solicits for all the X-books after CW2 and for the fact that this event will be released a couple of months after the end of CW2 you could even be right

If it wasn't that you got everything wrong you would be right

Old Man Logan is still alive
I thought he was gonna be kill but guess not

Why is Angel Archangel again?
What the fuck happened during Apocalypse Wars?

So uh... Who's writing this?

Bendis, I presume?

If so, then it's going to be predictably bad. I wonder how many subpar events Marvel is gonna do before a complete fatigue on the part of their own fans.

Lemire and Soule

I'm honestly looking forward to it, Inhumans and Mutants should have been at war post SW and now we're finally getting it. And in every other end of mutant kind event Muties are always supposed to be the under dog, yet they clearly aren't. With IvX they really are the underdogs. Don't care what anyone says, this I am excited for.

Kill Medusa and Gorgon, let BB resume his rightful position and usher in a new Illuminati-led era of Mutant/Inhuman harmony.

The only thing I'm excited for is Medusa maybe getting her shit slapped.

this, fuck cuntdusa

Only 4 actual inhumans on the cover...

Probably they took out Crystal and co from the cover because their ongoing was cancelled

>Sabertooth vs Moon girl

I really hope I get to see Creed maul the Dinosaur

Wait so Moon Girl is an inhuman?

Jesus, the inhumans really are the new mutants, who needs an origin story when you can just say the jackass had a fucked up gene, or magic gas didn't kill them...

Medusa is probably going to be the victor, user

I know, and it already pisses me off.

Moon Girl's origin is that she's a genius who knew that her genetics were a ticking time bomb and was desperate for a way to stop herself from becoming Inhuman

She was actually terrified of the mists getting her

>you will never bully Beast and pound his ass
Just fix him up without killing him

Why / how is Devil Dinosaur involved?

Moon Girl is an Inhuman, and she's there despite not really wanting to be Inhuman.

Hey man. The SIXIS minis were pretty good.

Dropped in New York in the aftermath of Secret Wars. Adopted by Moon Girl

Hopefully it's bad enough to launch something on par with Muh Phoenix

Opposite, the 'tie-ins' were fucking throwaway, What If? garbage.

She tracked down an ancient Kree artifact that could have saved her, but it accidentally summoned Devil Dinosaur and some of the Killer Folk to New York

Moon Girl and Devil bonded trying to get the artifact back from the Killer Folk but not in time to prevent her from getting misted

Her Inhuman power seems to be switching minds with Devil Dinosaur

>X-men and Inhumans angry over Terrigen cloud
>Frenzy reveals that Medusa faked the terrorist attack to get public/UN sympathy
>Blackbolt nopes out and lets Medusa clean up her own mess
>Mags is working on a way to permantently neutralise the Terrigen cloud. Medusa finds out and attacks.
>Mags kills Medusa in combat
>BB goes apeshit and attacks everyone at full power
>Crystal and the Xmen have to team up to subdue BB
>Beast figures out how to fix Magneto's machine so it makes the mists harmless to mutants but still causes Terrigenisis in inhumans he makes it work but dies from radiation exposure from the machine.
>Mutants saved. Magneto on the run again. Shakey peace with Inhumans. Crystal leads the inhumans
>Ahura and old Scott appear in the stinger