Just saw this shitty movie, ask me anything and I will rant for you

Just saw this shitty movie, ask me anything and I will rant for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FCy9A-nfj24
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why don't you tell us more about the movie you haven't seen.

Was it truly War for the Planet of the Apes?

Is Caesar's death cool?

There was an early viewing, dude.
If it was I am very disappointed. There was one fight scene at the start. Where soldiers from the Colonel's army. They got btfo'd hard. Then, there were small quarrels between apes and humans until the end, when it was a fucking fight between 2 human factions. It was shit.
He slumped over and died.

Are you a contrarian?

No, I loved the first movie and the second one was pretty good, but this third one was pretty shit in my opinion.

How was Woody?

Does he evef get a ceaser salad? lol

succ my dicc

succ my dicc

He was pretty good in my opinion.

So I will give a rundown of what happened in the movie
>start of with the Colonel's army looking for Caesar to kill
>they get BTFO
>Caesar spares some people
>Caesar also decides to move to a desert and out of the forest
>colonel shows no mercy and sends in spec ops team
>Colonel(?) kill's caesar's son and wife
>Caesar goes on mission to find the person who killed his family
>sends rest of the apes to go to the desert
>takes 3 other apes
>they find a girl that is infected with a disease, which happens to be the evolved simian flu, which makes her primitive
>also can't speak
>they take her
>stuff happens and the find another ape
>they go to an old army weapons depot and find that ALL the apes that Caesar left were locked up
>Caesar gets caught by Colonel
>rest of the apes that came with Caesar are fine
>forced labor to make a wall
>Apparently the colonel made the actual army angry by killing people that had the mutated simian flu
>were now preparing to be assaulted by the army
>The little infected girl finds Caesar and gives him a doll she had
>note that the mutated simian flu is very contagious
>actual army shows up
>Caesar's apes that he brought with him ended up freeing the other apes during the commotion
>Colonel had found the doll in Caesar's cage and took it with him
>He now had the simian flu
>Caesar came to kill him but didn't
>Colonel shot himself
>Caesar blows up base while the rest of the apes are running away from the advancing army
>AVALANCHE THAT KILLS EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR THE APES INCLUDING THE ENTIRE ARMY
>they go to the desert
>somehow there is a desert near a snowy mountain
>finally Caesar dies
>girl is still there

Also note that killing the Colonel was Caesar's entire fucking point of leaving, his one goal that he didn't accomplish.
ALSO, there were no good humans in this movie. Only the girl who can't even be considered human.

Lmao!!!

Pretty much fuck humans, fuck America, and fuck white gorillas: The film. The funny thing is that the apes continue the cycle of enslavement in the future. But seriously, I guarantee people are walking out of that movie thinking "omg america would totally do this, white people can't stop enslaving people, I fucking
hate my country". I know this because I heard a girl after the movie say "of course Americans would do that shit".

I know right? It's fucking stupid.

It's sad, they are trying to kill patriotism. People are dumb enough to actually hate their own country over things that many other countries have also participated in. There are people who actually think that the American slave trade was the worst in history.

Is there anything we can do at this point?

Are apes the allegory for niggers that the trailers heavily implied?

Well, I don't remember seeing a black person in the movie, so perhaps. They chimped out quite a few times, but of course they would, they're chimps.

I just watched Rise and Dawn and really came to love them, is it really so bad? The one trailer I saw made it look like a road trip with girl, Maurice and a talking ape to avenge his dead family; which seemed like a good enough concept to focus on the apes finally. Is the military in this the same military from the end of Dawn?

There was only 1 black human. The rest were white males and a latino with a crossbow. The only white gorilla in the film was also a traitor lmao.

>white gorilla was a traitor
Holy fuck.

what about nova acting?

What do you mean shes primitive. Does the evolved flu mutate them?

Yeah, she can't speak. she can only slightly grunt and she acts like an evolved ape. So she's not completely retarded, but she's as smart as the evolved ape. The evolved flu is to blame.

Caesar gave up on his goal because his quest for revenge is what got his tribe enslaved. The scene where the Colonel was at his mercy was his struggle for letting go of his revenge.

>Desert near snowy mountain

You understand California geography, right? Besides, they mention multiple times it's a long journey to where Blue Eyes and Rocket went.

Holy shit i just now got it that shes the nova from the original planet of the apes

I don't know California I don't live in the US
Yeah, I get it, and it was a good scene looking back on it
I don't know if it's actually Nova. Maybe it's just a reference?

Not really. Swap out the apes for, say Injuns or whatever group of people that want to be left alone, and the movie wouldn't change much. Maybe change the motivation for Colonel Woody Harrelson.

North and south California are pretty much 2 very different countries. Also, it is not out of the question for a person to be able ski, visit the beach, and hit a desert all in 24 hours.

Whoa that's really cool, sounds very fun :D

unless your ape :(

no.. it simply shows why the humans are treated like animals in the ape future... because they devolved into animals!

Just don't kill yourself when driving in California traffic.

But there both named nova? How can she not be nova from the original? Also is there any mention of any monkeys from the original

Cornelius is Ceasar son.

why is there a white girl behind that chimp

Because you're not good enough for her, whitey

why is the chimp making >:( this face
is he mad
what is he mad about

Hes mad cause he wuz kang n sheeit

>you will never bash a nigger's skull in with a hammer
why even live

I thought it was fine. I was only slightly let down as I was expecting a bit more from it, but I still enjoyed it. The Moses end was probably my biggest gripe.

Not OP, but I saw it at a free screening in LA. It was pretty solid considering it was a movie with CGI apes. Overall, War > Rise > Dawn.

I heard some folks didn't like Bad Ape but I liked him through the whole thing. This was definitely the most amusing scene in the film...

youtu.be/FCy9A-nfj24

tell me a scene in the movie that isn't in the trailer then.

This movie is incredible. Literally 10/10. The most consistently good franchise in movie history.

In the trailer you get the assumption that the movie will be about a war between apes and humans but in reality it's between two human factions with apes caught in the middle.

OP here, but Spec Ops having there lasers shine through the waterfall when rappelling down to kill Caesar

Director confirmed that she is not the actual Nova. It was just a reference to Nova.

How long until cam?

That's a damn good assessment and the ultimate issue I think I had. Again good movie but I thought they were gonna link up with the other side. Not just run away from both.

>caesar's son
Which one?

The older one, not the small babby. Rocketboy? Or was it just Rocket?

both sides didn't like the apes. Woody side hated them, military was afraid of them/didn't trust them.

Rocket wasn't his son...

I get that NOW. Just was hoping for different prior.

Oh well, whoever the big son was and not the babby.

The name of the girl is Nova because they find an old Chevy Nova emblem. Matt Reeves was also there in person and gave a smal Q&A.
They also shilled the shit out of the movie at the end, so far as encouraging the audience to tweet about Serkis getting an Oscar

So my theory about the little girl being a mutant albino telepath like the ones from beneath the planet of the apes was all wrong?

I don't get it, why should I be rooting for the apes?They aren't my species. Its like rooting for niggers over whites. Fuck that shit

It's more or less exactly what you described with battles to bookend he movie.

OP is a faggot, don't listen to him. Movie is Sergio Leone doing Apocalypse Now with Simians. Woody channels Brando (the good and the bad) for a decent villain.

OP must have completely missed the last 30 minutes of the movie

Allegory for Africans/Mexicans/Vietnamese.

One subplot has Chimps being used for labor to build a wall. Caesar literally says, "He's crazy, that wall won't help them."

Various comparisons to war movies throughout. Korea/Vietnam even American Civil war.

Bad Ape ruined the film

I like the bleak portrayal and the journey but once he showed up he ruined it for me with his comedic timing

I guess I'm just tired of force comedy or quipest capeshit so I'd like to see something different from blockbusters

Agreed, plus you have the idiots that giggled at everything he did. Pathetic.

Bad Ape was one of the best parts. Adds to the lore because he "evolved" on his own after contacting the virus from an infected human. Makes it seem like they're could be many others out there.

Also, is this thread just full of people from The Egytian?

How dare they laugh at the funny parts of the movie?!

in my showing that was only the kids so I guess that was the target audience for the character

>haha monkey made a funny
you can still add the character without forcing him to act as a buffoon all the time, it was cute the first time but got annoying over time

Yeah, I understand your point of view. You want humans and apes to join together and basically live among each other in harmony or at least set up borders. However, you have to understand that the virus has infected everyone (assuming) and the survivors are simply mutating.

samefag?
It ruined the atmosphere. Maybe if he acted silly and scared at first, then got hardened it would have been better?

I'm so upset, guys. This was my favorite modern franchise and the conclusion was lackluster and anticlimactic. Kino for the first fourth of the movie, weird road trip movie for the second fourth, prison break/Holocaust movie for the third fourth, Ten Commandments for the last fourth (fractions are a bit off but whatever).

>>forced labor to make a wall

Wai-waiwaiwait a minute. Is this literally what happens? If so, God, please kill me. I'm supposed to go see this on Saturday.

what's the problem user?
he's sending them on a fool's errand so to speak

So, what happened is that they somehow take all the apes prisoner and put them in a camp, and now they take rock and try to make a wall to defend against the army coming to kill the Colonel. Note that the army had artillery and tanks. So, instead of killing the apes and getting rid of a threat, they force them to build a wall that didn't even get finished (Or maybe it did. everything got fucked pretty badly so I can't tell if it would have made a difference)

havent watched the movie but whats the deal with this bad ape? why does he look so different from the others

It's true. The wall makes no fucking sense because the other army has missiles that fuck them up pretty quick. There's also conveniently a huge exposed gas tank that Caesar blows up w a grenade to destroy the whole base.

Retarded.

talks in this weird voice and seems like a character to a appeal to the minion crowd.
THE FUCKING GAS TANK. Why? They said in the movie that there were weapons in the mountain, why not put the gas in there where a grenade couldn't destroy an entire base and cause a massive avalanche?

>finally Caesar dies
Why? Was he injured or was it an old age thing?

It's a "White people become extinct for hurting minorities" movie ?

Right after the Colonel shot himself he grabbed some grenades, left the building and came under fire by some troops. and then the person that Caesar saved in the beginning in the movie shot him with a crossbow, but stuff happened and he blew up the base, then went to the desert and slumped over and died from his wound.
Uh, I don't think so, but I don't know if it's not for sure.

That wasn't even the dumbest part. How is it that no one sees Nova walk up to Caesar at the base? How is it that Bad Ape conveniently finds the tunnel? Why does the Colonel keep the apes alive? Why does he want a useless wall? How does Caesar make it through the whole trip w an arrow in his side? How does no one notice the apes escaping? And why why why does the final chapter in this great franchise have the apes remain stationary and helpless for the whole movie? Where's the war? They wasted the Dawn build up so fucking hard.

Fucking this. There is no logic. No patrols, no lookouts, nothing! Terrible!

They wasted this movie nodding too hard at cinematic influences (Bridge on the River Kwai, Ten Commandments, Apocalypse Now, etc) and trying to connect this movie to the original. I'm honestly in fucking shock at how wasted of an opportunity this flick was.

Agreed, friend.

I just wanted monkino, user... why does the world have to be the way that it is and not the way that I want it to be...

Unironically the best question here.

C'est la vie, friend. My raison d'etre is to find the perfect movie, but I cannot find one, and I will die sad the way everything is going.

What genre you like the most, friend?

People can not be this stupid. Why does so many believe these movies are prequels to the 68 movie?

Well, I do not know if it's a genre, but movies that give you questions A, B, and C. At the end, Questions A, B, and C are answered, but D-Z are given for you to think of. Avant Garde? I do not know

It's actually the other way around. The USA sucks because it is now infested with a bunch of stupid fucking niggers and white third-worldists; and is controlled by a ton of people who are advocates for the third world destroying the first world.

>why does he want a useless wall?

Because that wretched VLADIMIR DRUMPF is building a wall... the Colonel is an evil asshole... and so is DRUMPFTY LUMPFTY, white boi.

Is it Monkino or Apeshit?

Did you like the scene with that cunny Nova?

APESHIT
P
E
S
H
I
T

Okay film, even if it didn't surprise me as much as the prequels. Even if he's kind of one-dimensional, I enjoyed more Kurtz than the girl or the funny chimp, which didn't get many laughs at my viewing.

It's ridiculous how much they kept delaying Caesar's death. In a span of five minutes:
>The colonel doesn't even try to kill him
>He escapes from the soldiers' gunfire
>The PoW from the beginning shots him, but he gets better
>Avoids the helicopter missiles
>Barely avoids the gas tank explosion
>My memory is kind of fuzzy, but I think he blows up another gas tank
>Gets caught by the whole fucking enemy army as they point him with their rifles
>Deus ex machina by avalanche, they all die suddenly. Talk about a wasted opportunity.
>Barely survives the avalanche
>Finally, he dies of old age in the Promised Land

It felt like Dragon's Lair or something like that.

It's fucking stupid, but he died of the wound he received in the base. He got shot with a crossbow and didn't die, then trekked to the desert and right when he got there he finally died. APESHIT.

>Caesar is Moses
>they turned Planet of the Apes into a kike fantasy