Other heroes have tragic origins

>Other heroes have tragic origins
>Nightwing lost his parents when he was a child
>Magneto's parents were Jewed by the Nazis
>Spiderman lost his uncle and girlfriend
>Kyle Rayner literally had his girlfriend cut into tiny pieces and placed inside his refrigerator.

They all got over it like normal human beings. So why can't Batman?

He's mentally ill and never received proper therapy.

Because he's insane.

holy shit those panels are intense. As a guy who doesn't read much comics, where are they from?

Also because

he's just a bitch

He's mentally fucked up and uses his parents' death as an excuse to live out his violent fantasies.

Isn't there a page that shows lil' Bruce saying "I have no one" and then Alfred just lets him leave but when lil' Dick said it Alfred immediately tried to comfort him?

>cut into pieces and placed inside his fridge

Nah, she just got turned into a pretzel. Major Force is nothing if not imaginative so he stuck a fake version of his mom in the oven too.

>Magneto
>over it

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

> Spider-Man got over losing Gwen Stacy
Ha.

Ahahaha.

HAHAHA, AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! OHOHOHOHO! HAAHAAHAAHAA!

he watched both his parents get shot by a criminal , grew up with wealth but only a butler as a friend , in shitty city soaked in crime. feeling morally obligated to fight crime with his disposable income and fear tactics.

dunno , alot on his shoulders to bear

He would have if not for coming back to life to cuck him or become a super villain or to die again

>They all got over it like normal human beings.
Well, Peter Parker still dresses as Spider-man all nights to fight crime.
He is just like Batman, except when he sees the uncle Ben again are just heart warming moments.

Well it took some time but he got over it eventually and was playing hero with the X-Men last time I checked.

He's a full grown man with the mind of a child chasing an unobtainable goal: to eradicate all evil in the world.

He's basically fucked for life

>Magneto getting over anything
Ha.

Because he's an angsty faggot who believes he's the one special snowflake that had something really bad happen to him.

1. Batman did everything in his power to make sure Nightwing didn't end up like himself.
2. Magneto became a villain. He's also old as fuck and killed plenty of Nazis.
3. Spider-Man was a lot older when he lost his uncle, and he wasn't his only family. Batman has lost multiple girlfriends as well.
4. Kyle Rayner's "girlfriends" are just character development devices.

Bruce had no friends, was young and very sheltered, and incredibly close to his parents (Martha in particular). He also watched them get shot and bleed to death right in front of his face.

Literally every woman he meets wants his dick at least a little bit and is currently the owner of his own company, I'd call that a fair trade.

Also he sold his marriage and unborn child to not-Satan for his old as shit aunt so he is clearly not capable of handling the death of a loved one.

Because he doesn't have any powers and just embezzles money to play dress up and fight crime instead of using that money to cause some sort of social reform and better Gotham city

>Magneto's parents were Jewed by the Nazis
And the guy spent the rest of the century killing people.

>incredibly close to his parents (Martha in particular).
Oedipus complex?

trauma is a bitch

magneto is also strongly traumatized by the holocaust

This :^)

MAKE GOTHAM GREAT AGAIN

Yeah from the sequel to long Halloween

>Kyle Rayner's "girlfriends" are just character development devices.

You make it sound like he goes through tons of them. He's had 4. The only one you could construe as a character development device is Alex because she died in less than 5 issues.

what was it called so I can download and jerk off to it.

This and also
and he defined his entire fucking crimefighting career by the death of his uncle and the hard lesson it taught him.

Because he's a stubborn faggot who pushes everyone away who could help him mentally and emotionally. Bottom line there's no helping someone who doesn't want to be helped.

What a fag.

Let's face it, Batman has serious PTSD and various mental disabilities and a personality that always gets him into psychological troubles
Although the batfam is basically a camp for troubled kids but Bruce is the worst one
And that shouldn't be something to be ashamed of

He literally dresses up as a bat to fight crime because him mom isn't around to bring him chicken tendies.

>yfw batman only fights crime to get himself good boy points for when he sees his mom again in the afterlife

He makes Alfred organize his piss jugs by date.

>Spiderman
Fuck off casual
>literally had his girlfriend cut into tiny pieces
Casual piece of shit

He's a celebrity. They're batshit insane enough as it is. Toss in watching your parents get murdered in front of you and you get Batman.

>>Magneto's parents were Jewed by the Nazis
Wasn't magneto just as much of an asshole about his mutant superiority as the Nazis where to the Jews

Don't do it Dick was very small that would be wrong

Most of them aren't Bruce's fault though. Most of the deaths around Peter are his fault.

No, he's not like Batman. Peter Parker has superpowers, great superpowers actually, so there's like no chance of him to pretend to live a normal life. It was either start robbing banks or becoming a superhero, and since he's a good kid, he became Spiderman.

Bruce Wayne has all the money in the world and no superpowers. He could be a lawyer, but decided to spend his entire life mourning for his parents and dressing like a bat at night.

Alfred's tendies don't taste as good as mommy's.

Dick Grayson's fucking character arc is that Batman is the one who saves him for going crazy like Bruce.

:'(

>so there's like no chance of him to pretend to live a normal life
His powers don't really stop him from having a relatively normal life is he wanted to, is not like he has the obligation of using his powers.

but muh great responsibility

>Alfred's cooking not being the best out of anyones

He actually cared about his parents. You wouldn't understand because you hate your parents.

The difference really is that Spidey accepts his abilities as a calling and his loss as a reminder what he stands for.
Batman sees his loss as a calling and a reminder of what he stands against, with little in the way of an ideal he strives towards. Peter is defined by his ambition for good, Bruce by his hatred for evil.
That's why the spider walks in the light, and the bat roams the night.

As if Alfred wasn't the one that really cooked the chicken tenders the whole time.

>muh great responsibility
>muh parents

Same thing bruh.

That's what makes it s tragic, Bruce doesn't know and the taste is all in his head.

alfred not having 10/10 cooking is ooc

>Kyle Rayner's "girlfriends" are just character development devices.
Unlike Batman's parents?

Maybe Alfred started purposely cooking them worse so Bruce would have happy memories of momma's chicken tendies.

No, they didn't. And you know nothing about comics.

That's easy. All he had to do was stop cumming on them.

So, wait, Batman coming to be is all Alfred's fault?

batman being a wimpering puss is kind of a new take on him?

I think he's just a legitimately good person, who didn't receive proper supervision and guidance and thus went a little crazy

the fact that no one can beat him completes the cycle, he's never going to stop being the Bat

What? How does remembering a tragic memory interfere with your ability to use will? Is there a grief lantern corps that Batman can lead?

Yes. Alfred wants the Wayne fortune and figured Bruce would die quicker if he became a bat vigilante.

Well, it's certainly a clever plan.

underappreciated post

This made me so fucking sad

That's what a call a thematic parallel, Billy!

>Unlike Batman's parents?
Well Batman, doesn't regularly gets new parents.

Yes

The life of a tendie-loving orphan is tragic.

When you can stop crime or villains without even trying it's kinda shitty to just stand and watch. It's like me watching a 5 years old beat a 3 years old when I can just kick him to the other side of the street without effort

Or molest him and scar him for life.

>Magneto
>over it
Uh, user... His entire stance on Mutant/Human relations depends entirely on his constant reminder that humans are capable of what the Nazis did to the Jews. He's not over it and never will be.

Maybe he just needs to take his Metamucil.

Not for lack of trying.

Yeah, seriously.

The randomness of it is a factor as well I think. Spider-Man knows exactly why Uncle Ben died, and it was his own fault. Dick's parents died to an elaborate sabotage for mob purposes. Not a huge conspiracy, but still a concrete reasoned killing for a purpose. Joe Chill on the other hand is the epitome of a random element taking out two good people who would never expect to die to a mugger in a back alley. It's almost like the king and queen dying getting murdered by some highwayman who was after some jewerly. The emptiness of the act juxtaposed with the importance of the death highlights to Bruce how vicious and unforgiving the world is. His parents didn't just die, they died for no reason; their deaths had no purpose. So he gave them a purpose. That purpose is Batman.

I figure at least by the time Dick becomes Nightwing, when Bruce has a whole network of allies around him, that he mostly has. He visits Crime Alley every year, but I think he realizes that Batman has become more than just a way of getting vengeance, and that the good he does and can do now is a end into itself.

What happens next?

Now that we know there's been multiple Jokers, this makes even more sense.

I've always thought that if Bruce Wayne were an inner city orphan whose parents were gunned down on the street, he'd probably grow up in a shitty environment, turn to crime, and eventually get his ass kicked by Batman.

stahp it, that's sad

I'd like to believe that since a criminal with a gun just looking for some quick money was what took his parents away, that he would still develop that hatred for crime. He'd have a tougher time of it, without the luxury of travelling around learning from the masters, but his physical potential and mental ability would be the same. He's be a much more street level hero, like Daredevil.

>How does remembering a tragic memory interfere with your ability to use will?

That's not what's going on. Hal is trying to make Batman use his willpower to overcome his parents murder like a Green Lantern but Batman isn't ready to get over it yet.

>How does remembering a tragic memory interfere with your ability to use will?
Literally the page beforehand.

Any Batman runs that acknowledge/deal with him being mentally ill?

Jackal get off the internet and stop making clones of Gwen, it's weird and creepy. I'm pretty sure they all try to commit suicide now.

Except as another user mentioned, Kyle only had ONE girlfriend who got fridged, which got wildly funny at how stupid it was, and so DC runs the joke into the ground even though it was the ONLY girlfriend he had that was literally put into a fridge.

Magneto kills him.

Fuck off Hal, you're the reason we had to sit through Emerald Twilight.

You joke, but I legitimately think Bruce has aspergers

Lol what the fuck Brian Azzarello?

You don't have to be a full time super hero to stop a crime happening in front of you.

>Dick had Bruce to help him where Bruce himself didn't receive help and had Bruce to understand his position
>Magneto is not a normal human being
>Peter was already mid teens when Ben dies and had his Aunt who was going through the same thing to help him and understand
>I don't know fuck about Kyle

people deal with grief in different ways.

>They all got over it like normal human beings.

Finally!

Because Al fucked up.

What a drama queen, take your medicine grampa.

Why do you need to be a baby to kill Hitler?