This is the greatest film ever made

This is the greatest film ever made.

That is all.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5253894/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good concept.

Science is TOTAL BUNK.

How many times do they have to mention "Relativity"....which is disproven a century ago.

Einstein is a fraud and so are his theories.

NASA propaganda is all this is.

Hollywood and NASA still promoting archaic rocket based space travel....No Thanks!

>How many times do they have to mention "Relativity"....which is disproven a century ago.
can you link me to some kind of source for that statement?

Project Avalon
Disclose tv

Probably contradicts flat Earth theory somehow, so it has to go.

Watch the flipping movie.

Every other scene with that Black NASA guy and Anne Hathaway along with matthew mcconaughey....they're always like "That's realitivity folks".

The whole thing about going down to the planet and TIME progressing 1 hour = 20 years on the spaceships that's just in outer planet orbit from said planet is so flipping stupid...you're retarded to believe that garbage.

>crops are dying from some undefined airborne ailment so we better leave the planet instead of making biospheres on Earth
>somehow we can make spaceships with enclosed bio-systems that don't have that ailment present but it's impossible not to have it on Earth
>the best option for colonization is a volatile system orbiting a huge black hole
>even bothering checking planets that have enormous time dilation
>big deal made about lift-off from Earth yet that dinky shuttle can apparently take off and land on multiple Earth-sized planets with ease
>I don't know what else to do so I'm going to just point my ship directly into a black hole and hope for the best
>conveying a likely incredibly complex physics formula through a fucking watch

etc...

say it with me user
science
fiction
science
FICTION

yeah its pretty good. Really fun to see it in the cinema, felt like going on a journey

Agreed.

sub-140 IQ brainlets will never understand

See Eric P. Dollard which leads to Nikola Tesla's thoughts about Einstein.

youstupidrelativist.com

watch?v=E8iL1wHfw-I

Search YT: "robert otey" interviews

Why would blackholes cause time to speed up?

>castellano

>hurr durr relativity is so fa--
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5253894/
It's demonstratively proven in that the GPS on your phone works. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it less real. fucking mong.

don't forget to cash in your check at nasa.com

He never claimed time dilation isn't real. Next time read the post. How does it feel to be a dumbass lol

>He never claimed time dilation isn't real. Next time read the post. How does it feel to be a dumbass lol

"The whole thing about going down to the planet and TIME progressing 1 hour = 20 years on the spaceships that's just in outer planet orbit from said planet is so flipping stupid...you're retarded to believe that garbage."

just looked at the website
pic related
my fucking sides

Should've trimmed out all the inconsequential stuff like the stupid son character and Matt Damon and focused more on the actual interesting shit like the new Earth and the aliens/future humans.

>discussing science on Sup Forums
What I thought the movie did best was start us off in rural bumfuck nowhere. The setting is so plain, and boring, that when the protagonist leaves the planet off on his adventure, the film takes the audience along with them. From fucking cornfields to giant oceans, super black holes, ice planets... the difference is massive and it can really be felt

pretty sure i remember in middle school physics getting some magnets and iron filings and seeing them arrange themselves as shown in the first picture which this guy seems to believe is some kind of scientific hoax

is this guy in some kind of daniel johnston/bobby fischer/terry a davis situation where he's actually a basement dwelling schizophrenic who's spent 15 years banging away at something very few people care about?

if so i feel bad laughing. if he's a functioning human being this is shameful.

Oh lord. These guys and the flat earthers just have to be a performance art piece cause god damn.

why is that little boy wearing a space suit?

just putting it out there,
the website this poster linked is fucking AMAZING
pic very much related

Nolan does concepts really well and people really poorly. No matter what they left out the movie would've been lacking given its emotional central theme. That said I don't think anyone could've put as many big themes on screen apart from Nolan.

>Nolan does concepts really well
if he did concepts really well he wouldn't have to tack on 30 minutes runtime to each film, during which characters have to explain those concepts to other characters in flat, boring dialogue

Probably the studio's request. Memento and Prestige didn't have too much exposition. I think you're underestimating how hard it is to have these concepts in commercially successful films.

then aim to make a good movie instead of aiming to make a complex movie and then having to retroactively dumb it down for wider audiences.
you're right tho, memento is by far his best movie

I think a good point of comparison is the Martian. Comparatively it had a far simpler concept. A guy surviving for a finite time on an alien planet. It needed the same amount of exposition as Interstellar did for explaining FTL traveling and interdimensional species.

To diss Nolan's handling of high concept films you need to show me an example of better execution for a commercial film.

>he hasn't seen Moonlight
Kys faggot

F_ _
O_ _ _
S_ _ _

>that image
DUDE SPACE LMAO

Memento was a $9m budget movie that really overachieved in the box office. There's no way that movie gets greenlit without studio intervention for a $100m budget.

Flat earthers and math illiterates are some of the funniest people on the disk.

Really though, it's becoming tired and I wish you guys would challenge yourself in your trolling campaign.

You have to be 18 or older to post here.

but somehow during the martian the exposition was welcome. because it was written and performed well. but mainly because it was written well, and didn't re-explain things 2 or 3 times like inception. the martian was also not a long film. it wasn't expository dialogue being recited between huge action sequences so that the audience knew what was happening. it fit. it felt right. it didn't suck the pace out of the movie.

>To diss Nolan's handling of high concept films
if nolan films are what you consider high concept, i'd strongly advise you to expose yourself to a wider range of concepts as soon as possible.

*italian accent*
FAR
OFFA
STAR

See it's comments like this that are so sad. It's so obvious you're being silly on purpose.

also, the martian had ideas that were difficult to explain without exposition (for example how he becomes the world's first "space pirate"), and managed to use the exposition in a way that felt natural; he's talking directly to the audience (we become his log/companion), and we genuinely want to know what he's up to and how he intends to survive. the writing was so good that they found a way to make it not condescending, either.

Of all the complaints you can have about Interstellar pacing isn't one of them.

And unless you've misread my post on purpose I qualified calling Nolan's films high concept with the word commercial. There are no films at even half the budget of Interstellar or Inception what tackle a similar level of concept. For comparison 2001 was made on a $10m budget. I'd rather see what Nolan does with $100m+, than any other film with that kind of budget that actually gets made.

To me, martian was a mediocre movie not dissimilar to Avengers etc., in it's style. Damon's character was probably better written than most of Nolan's characters (coming back to my original point that Nolan does concepts well, not people). But he was nowhere nearly as well written as he needed to be for a movie like this to work.

>Vegans declare earth uninhabitable because of crop blights
>They would literally rather give up on the planet and send an astronaut into another dimension than eat a porkchop

Agreed user

It's very good OP

>Science is TOTAL BUNK.
This should be fun. There's always a least one idiot in these threads who try and poke holes in concepts they don't even have the slightest grasp of

l. There are no films at even half the budget of Interstellar or Inception what tackle a similar level of concept
apocolypse now was about a journey into the centre of self. the war was just a backdrop, it was much more akin to a film like Stalker. Also, 2001 was $10 million in 1968. That's > $160 million today.

you have to raise crops to feed to the animals, it's more resource intensive to eat meat than plants

You're a joke

>folds paper
>sticks pencil threw paper
>unfolds paper

woah...

cows eat grass dumpass

Adjusted for inflation 2001 is ~$70m. Less than half of Interstellar/Inception's budget and it's one of the best examples of high budget high concept ever done. To even compare the two speaks highly of Nolan.

Apocalypse Now is a good example I'll concede. It's amazing that a movie like that got made but it had the hook of being a vietnam war film.

We're comparing Nolan's films to some of the best big budget films ever made even if it is to find them inferior. I think that's commendable.

What pissed me off about that was it was a blatant ripoff of Event Horizon, when Sam Neil was explaining how the Horizon covered great distances

prove it

WITHOUT posting an image of a cow eating grass

protip: you ca'nt

fuck

dude love lmao wow i can totally feel the love transcending space and time

Interstellar was garbage.

I want to breed a new humanity billions of lightyears from home with a dykey Anne Hathaway

t. flat earther

it's sappy shit for dads

learn to tell this sappy shit everywhere:
it has a dad, and it has his daughter
it deals with dad feels
it's fucking shit anyway