What are you guys thinking about Oats Studios so far?

What are you guys thinking about Oats Studios so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmByRsFPbt0&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huh. Thought this would be popular here...

Rakka was a disjointed mess (so what about those angel thingies?). I liked Firebase a lot. Haven't gotten around to watching Zygote.

Their first short was neat, but a little boring. The second one was a lot more interesting. Zygote was very intense, had me on the edge of my seat. I'd love to see a full movie on that concept, it's the sort of thing that terrifies me. Their other short things like the cooking show are just plain weird.

Why? Everyone hates Neil Blunderkamp.

I think this hack fraud is desperate to prove he can make low budget things that people like but he fucked up because no one likes it. Maybe next time the stupid fuck won't make movies about retarded robots

>people crowdfunding a director/studio that already has millions of dollars
A fool and his money are easily parted I guess.

>it's a "metaphor for Apartheid" episode

So he has money?

>Fuck you and spend your millions of dollars and your time to give me free entertainment!!!

You're a retard, man.

confirmed for only seeing district 9 and elysium

>blunderkamp
how has he wronged you user?

I liked all three shorts, even though Rakka was a hot-mess story-wise. Zygote ended way too early, would love too see more of it and Firebase too. God: Serengeti was funny and I'd love to see more 5 minute episodes.

>how has he wronged you user?
by being awesome at mech and weapons designs and the only guy that would make justice to Halo and just pumping stupid ass movies or even worst even thinking about that horribly stupid Alien concept that he posted on Instagram

The problem with Blomkamp is that he and his wife? have written every movie they've done.
He needs to collaborate with a writer who sees his strengths with VFX.

Is amalgamated dynamics involved with it?

It's fedora bait. Sup Forumsedittors will love it.

Fuck off faggot.

This one is better

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmByRsFPbt0&t=4s

fine I guess

All 20 min shorts are great, lost track of time watching Rakka. All episodes of 80's cooking show felt forced, except the knife one I guess.

I agree with this user. The Cooking With Bill shit isn't funny or even original.

Rakka : not interesting, worst of the three
Firebase : There is potential
Zygote : Nice

LOL

it's pretty good for a free content. Found it through funhuas.

do you not know that's free on steam?

The one with the sushi hair made me gag

The Cooking With Bill shorts will have a horrible twist, I'm telling you. Like it's Bills purgatory or they meddled with some stuff they shouldnt have meddled with.

Firebase was great, Rakka was kinda meh but the VFX were astonishing, Zygote felt too much like The Thing imo. Still looking forward to what they will show us in the future tho

Are they going to do follow-ups for any of them or are they all just one offs

Everyone saying rakka was hot mess when it was just the first volume

They're not making very good use of the run times, every story feels padded and unfinished. Some 20 minute TV episodes can feel like they have an hour's worth of story packed in when they're finely tuned.

They'd be good if he hired a good writer and didn't force a hackneyed political message into every fucking thing he does.

It's almost like it was the first episode of something.

special effects demos... that is all
bring back the space shrimps!

Did you confuse this board for red dit?

Neil's like 1980's James Cameron-tier with the special effects, but my dog could sort better dialogue and he's been dead for seven fucking years.

only seen Rakka so far but I'll check out the rest later. pretty good stuff.

does he plan to make a full feature film with the studio?

I'm assuming he's building a fanbase and portfolio for future endeavours.

It aint mee it aint meee starts playing in firebase

Remember that District 9 also started out as a short.

Firebase was the best Metal Gear Solid movie there is and should be.