This movie is a form of art, discuss

this movie is a form of art, discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3IGTiFuDjTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

visuals and aesthetic were on point but not much else. Story is a frankenstein of GitS storylines and ScarJo phoned it in harder than she does as Black Widow. Batou was good.

watched it just tonight, gonna go and tackle the anime after this.

funny thing is that the only thing on point was actually Batou, which was the first thing everyone complained as soon as there was a picture released of the guy playing it.
The story is shit, takes random elements of the original movie and even the series and just pumps out a turd. The whole "consent" bullshit is laughable, the Major being a stupid cunt who doesn't know shit about anything was painful to watch, the lack of 2501 or some ressemblance of actual plot like the Invididual Eleven (which makes sense today because it's about inmigrants and terrorists) pretty much unforgivable.

watch the original movie and the Stand Alone Complex series, ignore everything else.

yeah heard that i should do it that way, thanks for the reminder.

Why does Sup Forums only ever praise bad movies

Are you guys contrarian or just have bad taste?

no problem man, enjoy. It's cyberpunk kino and the series has some dope fucked up episodes and a nice plot across all.

very much in the cyberpunk mindset, just not much of a taste for anime so only have seen lain, hoping to change that now that i have some downtime.

this board is full of manchildren from Sup Forums.

Shut up

don't be dense, everyone agrees that the movie is not good plot wise, but the visuals are top notch. There are scenes that are remade from the original movie almost frame by frame and they look awesome. Too bad the rest isn't on par. The cars, the city, the alleyways, the whole set was way better than I would expect from a shit movie.

get lost newborn, nobody cares about your ignorant kind.

Poe's law / "I was only pretending to be a retard"

Watch Innocence as well
youtube.com/watch?v=3IGTiFuDjTI

No, pic related is. What you posted is a form of shit, called Hollywood filmmaking. How did they adapt this scene, anyway?

Minus the nipples, not that far off of the original. There were a good number of shot for shot reproductions.

>that Pat Bateman bod
Do straight "men" really like this?

Overall, it was fine. At least worth watching once, since it got the mood and visuals down, which are honestly what I remember most about the original anime film. Could have done without it being essentially a superhero origin story.

user, watch it. There are a lot of scenes that were taken from the original movie and they look awesome. The story will make you hate life.

>copy the original
>offer nothing worthwhile otherwise besides contrived Hollywood spew
This is supposed to convince me to watch this how exactly?
It's a machine, it's not gay.

>This is supposed to convince me to watch this how exactly?
dude, you will get a fucking torrent that will download in 10 minutes and you can skim through just to watch the visuals. I'm pretty sure that you watch Riverdale or some other teen shit like the rest here on Sup Forums think of this as a video with cool visuals you come across on the internet or youtube.
Either way, do not think about it too much if it torments you the sole idea of laying your eyes on those images, just go outside and buy a rope since life is harder than watching a dumb pretty movie on a saturday afternoon.

transhumanism, gay wouldn't be the problem then that it is now.

I honestly was against the "white washed!" fags, until Scarlet hugged some asian lady who was supposed to be her mom. Bruh, just make her mom fucking white, why make it a point that she used to be Asian and is now white.

I'll admit that I ended up liking Batou quite a bit and that I was one of the faqs that threw a shitfit when we got our first look. But his eyes just never looked right and it always kept me a bit out of the experience. Realistically, I know doing the eyes was gonna be hard but I have to imagine there were better options than we got.

I liked it but then again I've never seen the original movies/TV series/manga or whatever

to be fair she isn't asian on the original movie either, it's like thinking the blonde body stolen from the same factory that it's similar to hers was asian.

I really liked the cars and the bikes and I'm pissed I could not see more of the concepts made it to the movie

Fuck you. Arise is a masterpiece. Only plebs hate it

It only appeals to pedos and retards that could not understand the basic plot of the first movie.

Hey man, you're the one shitting on a movie you haven't even seen.

Watching a woman in an outfit that isnt sexual is for pedos? No. Complex series with its fucking awful sexualized costume Major wears is for plebs

The first GitS is bland and boring. Arise and the 2nd movie are far better

The story is alright and the visuals are amazing

solid 7/10 movie

the visuals were good, but would have fitted better in blade runner than GITS
acting and plot was a shitshow

I expected it to be much worse after the Sup Forums spergout.
It was a good movie, certainly better than the cape- or apeshit that gets praised here these days.

This movie is kinographia pura. Only plebs complain about it.

lol pleb

she won in the movie and destroyed the tank

boring as shit

The visuals are video game tier

I will watch it later today.
Expectations are low.