God this movie sucked...

God this movie sucked. Is it really necessary to undermine every single moment of potential tension and/or genuine emotion with a joke? Why does Marlel do this? You could argue it is because these movies are for kids, but not even ACTUAL Disney movies have this problem. Some of the most emotionally movies ever made were kid's movies. Bambi, Old Yeller, Charlottes Web, every single Toy Story, Up, that stupid thing with the anthropomorphic emotions. All kids movies, and all of them run circles around the MCU in terms of making the audience feel something other than cheap laughter. Hell, Pixar making grown men cry once a year is an enormous fucking meme at this point. It's like there is an official studio mandate that says Marvel movies aren't allowed to make you feel things. Why? For what fucking purpose?

>my name is OP and in addiction to gargling semen before bed, I hate fun

Because its mind numbing trash designed to appeal to moronic philistines. Kino and Le epic comic movies are mutually exclusive.

>my name is user and my definition of 'fun' is so narrow that, if going by my own definition, it prohibits me from enjoying nearly every movie ever made that isn't a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

>fun

But why? It doesn't HAVE to be this way. There are movies that are engaging and and emotionally resonant that general audiences enjoy. I doubt that the audience for Pixar films and the audience for Marvel films are mutually exclusive.

>Is it really necessary to undermine every single moment of potential tension and/or genuine emotion with a joke

It's Spiderman

neither the mcu or dceu has made the perfect comic book movie

...the rubble scene

It's Spiderman, sure, but when 95% of the MCU is the same way, what makes Spiderman's goofy, lighthearted style any different?

Uh oh, OP, you've angered the shills

I haven't seen this yet and my friends are bugging me to go tomorrow night. What am I in for? Everything I've seen about this movie seems mediocre or disappointing. I want to be surprised and enjoy it like I did with Ant Man.

It had no weight. The stakes were just "I have to stop him from stealing some random crap from an empty plane"

Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman, First Avenger, Iron Man 3.

Forgot, also Ant-Man.

>one fraction more pressure
Jesus Christ comics really are written by retards for retards.

it was played serious, no undercutting the drama with a quip or comedy. It was confident and surprising for a mcu film

Fun is subjective, retard. Learn to compose a proper argument, you retarded faggot.

people are le humorous in 2017

It's not DC's fault that you are illiterate.

bvs was a disappointment and thats being generous, iron man 3 shat all over the source material, but who gives a fuck because either way the villain was one of the worst ever, hell incredibles did a better job at that kind of obsessed nerd villain. First Avenger is just boring outside the first half and just not memorable with the exception of 2 scenes. Ant man was ant man. Man of steel is a superman film without superman and wonder woman was....aight

"a fraction more pressure" is gibberish at best, faggot.

Spidermans whole thing are his quips, he's the one you should complain about the least

He's Spider-Man. Being stuck under some rocks isn't going to fucking hurt him. To Holland's credit the scene was very well acted, but there was nothing at stake. What would happen if he couldn't get free? What, the Vulture would make off with Thor's belt? There is literally nothing in the world I care less about than that.

The stakes don't need to be as high as the villain blowing up the planet, that's dumb and is so broad that it lacks any emotional resonance, but if I'm going to be invested in a scene, I need to feel like there is something important to be lost. Put someone we care about in peril, force the character to make an impossible choice. Sky's the limit, but DON'T make it about the character stopping a shipment of Avengers memorabilia that we've never even seen, because that is completely and utterly weightless.

Spider-Man's quips are fine. Every single other character making quips is a problem. It's flat and it takes away from any sort of tension. He crack wise and belittle the bad guy, that's fine, but at some point I need to feel like something or someone is in real, tangible danger or else I'm going to be bored out of my fucking mind.

>BvS was dissapointment
In what way? Not enough dance-offs?

>Iron Man 3
>shat on source material
It was only one that actually did justice to Iron Man comics

Stopped reading here, go back to plebbit.

>I am not illiterate I swear!

yeah the biggest issue with this movie was that i did not feel for the side characters.

raimis spiderman i cared about aunt may, harry, and MJ a lot and peter keeping his identity secret had weight to it, making sure his villains didn't hurt the people he cared about had meaning.

but fuck all that this time we made his friends different colors so people will relate to them more cause of that instead of plot and caring cause it isn't superficial and racist to expect audiences to relate to characters based on their race alone, its progressive!

I wasnt arguing that the stakes were high, im pointing out the fact that the scene was a standout that didnt play to humor like most "hero" moments in the mcu

OK I see these threads and I have to ask: do you really think this sucked or you want to shitpost or start a heated discussion or something else?
Because Homecoming was undeniably good. Maybe not your cup of tea, but good. You can't deny it had objectively good qualities

>Mary Jane isn't a white redhead
>they tried to give her character a real 'personality'

Thats all I needed. Flash Thompson being played by a POO IN LOO was just shit icing on the turd cake.

I don't feel things from movies anyway. They're movies. I will never understand people who cry from movies.

>using a meme
>"being dumb is bad"

choose one

When you watch Euro kinos you will understand

theyre called movies, retard

>Because Homecoming was undeniably good
That is a legitimately ridiculous thing to say. Unless you mean the movie was in focus and you could understand what the characters were saying, then I have no idea how you could imply that not one person can deny this movie was "good"

>You can't deny it had objectively good qualities

Name some.

Are there any quip-free edits of these movies that improve them?

That's sounds autistic. Not in the meme way, but in the neurological disorder way.

That trash you watch is called movies

Not to my knowledge, but if you were to cut out even half of the quips this movie would be ten minutes long.

i personally dont like gotg but at least that movie was mildly entertaining. And the characters were likable and interesting unlike the bulk of the dceu's characters and had a competent enough script that wasnt a jumbled, lofty, miserable, mess that would result in millions of fan boys looking like midgets in a grocery store...constantly reaching.

I honestly would like to break this movie down beat by beat to determine the actual number of jokes. The figure must be staggering. It felt like there was a joke every three lines until the third act of the movie.

I only feel things when actual things happen, seems more autistic to feel things when something you know is fake happens. like getting attached to inanimate objects.

Like fucking clockwork, every thread.

That's basically Marvel's whole schtick. There is a rhythm to these movies that they have gotten down to a science. There's an interesting phenomenon I've noticed when I talk to people who like Marvel. Almost invariably they have seen the movie once or twice in the theater and loved it, but liked it significantly less when watching it at home by themselves. This is because what they are mistaking for humor is just actually a specific facet of mob mentality. Laughter is contagious, and things seem funnier when we are laughing along with other people. This works pretty much across the board, but the difference between something that's funny and something that SEEMS funny in the moment is that if something is genuinely funny, you will laugh at it even if you're watching it alone with no social influence. I've seen standup specials that have caused me to cry laughing at 2 in the morning on Netflix, but I don't think I've ever cracked a smile watching something like Thor unless I was in a packed theater filled with people who are laughing hysterically. The humor in this movie is no different than something like Big Bang Theory which relies on a laugh track and specific formulaic pacing in order to teach people to laugh at the appropriate time. It's garbage, but they do it every single time and it works.

>what did mcuck mean by this?

>Is it really necessary to undermine every single moment of potential tension and/or genuine emotion with a joke?
That's marlel for you

Am I the only one who has seen people irl joke under pressure or in serious, even sad, situations?

There aren't shill on 4ch--

>crushed by rubble
>screaming in pain
>no blood
>not even a scratch

it was shit

i literally like mos more than 6 mcu films and like ww more than all of them with the exception of iron man and cap 2. Sorry that i dont worship your lord and savior snyder.

The browns ruined it.

The jews want to make sure kids will never develop critical thinking

>An MCU movie finally doesn't have the world ending and instead just focuses on a kid learning how to be a man/superhero.
>NO STAKES, WHY IS NOBODY DYING?

Fuck you people.

>Pixar making grown men cry
5 minutes into UP I cried

>people don't find the same thing equally funny the second time they hear it
>stand-up can be funnier than movies
Really bringing home those profound realizations there, user.

The film just didn't have that...magic.

But they didn't, many times in the film the seriousness and tension were left.

- Peter arriving at the Vultures house and the following tension.
- The whole car ride to the Prom was incredibly well done and massively tense.
- Peter in the rubble and his moment of clarity.
- Tony taking back the suit, no jokes there.

Apart from anything Spodey is meant to joke and quip, it's his coping mechanism with the craziness.

"THEY DIDN'T TAKE MY CARTOON BOY SERIOUSLY", he sperged, "YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARTOON BOY FOR SERIOUS!"

The point of stopping him was to prevent him from obtaining a shitload of incredible tech that he could turn in weapons, that was fairly clear.

This post would've meant something maybe if we didn't live in a post-Raimi world where he showed that you can absolutely still be serious while retaining the charm. Sometimes I think MCU apologists are highly sheltered kids, who at the sight of the least tension recoil in fear and disgust wondering where their quips went.

>in addiction

"STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE", he sperged. Hot tears filled his eyes as he filled his mouth with goldfish crackers.

>there are people on this board that still pretend comic books aren't for children
lol

But that's not what I said at all.

Faceitousness and fun are two different things.

But this is true of all of them.

The user said
>once or twice in the theater

Why not try thinking about what's being said instead of pretending to be Deadpool?

>there are people on this board
nice try, me

My point is that it's obvious that repetition will wear out a joke. Calling it an "interesting phenomenon" is silly.