Sonic: Panic In The Sky Part One Storytime

Alright you Archie Sonic Fans, Ready to see Part one of the finale to The Shattered World Crisis?

If your answer is yes then here we go.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_c2RLiCHSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RECAP TIME!

Look at that spread. If you look closely you'll find a certain frozen treat in there...

CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE MOTHERFUCKER?!

It begins.

Legion of Forgotten Characters.....and Metal Sonic, ENGAGE!

Oh hai Sha-I MEAN, Gemerl.

Okay, Shameful Fun Fact about me.

I tend to picture this Gemerl having the voice of James Arnold Taylor.

Wow. How absolutely, positively, amazingly....SMASHING!!!

Wow. Uh, does anyone have one of those "At least you tried" images?

>Max is a badass with a fucking laser sword and shield
... I... Yeah, okay. Sure.

Okay Speedy looks MUCH better without the flight harness don't you think?

>Gemerl finally in an arc instead of panel cameos
About time.

Hey don't THOSE gadgets look familiar?

Max is dead. Long live King Nigel the Smashing.

Power Armor>Diaper

Not even a contest.

By the power of premium-!!!

-I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

>Omochao
Heh.

Also, what's the over/under that Chip getting snatched here is part of Sally's plan?

I can dig it.

It feels like too long since Diana Skelly has done an arc.

BTW, I have to thank and blame one specific user.

Now I can't stop reading the Battle Lord's lines with Dr.Nefarious' voice. It's too brilliant of a match up not to.

Poor Nicole never gets a break.

Tails is right. That's fucked up in so many ways.

>Blast Processing
Ian, pls.

>Tim Curry voiced King Acorn
Ian, you maniacal genius.

NO! NOT MY DIGITAL BABY!

To Be Continued...

Time for Bonuses!

Welp, looks like we've firmly established that our heroes are properly fucked. Next three issues will of course be how they unfuck themselves and barely squeeze out a win.

Why is that kind of plot so much fun?

>Dat Off Panel
How ironic seeing as how I just came back from a plane trip to Vegas.

what a shitty looking cover

Well that's all she wrote for now.

From here on out this is now an Archie Sonic Discussion Thread. I hope you all enjoyed part one of this (hopefully) thrilling finale.

And of course if you did enjoy it, feel free to purchase a copy for yourself.

Cute.

Thanks for posting, user. Pretty good issue that does its job.

It's actually the first part of a 4 part, inter-connecting cover.

Metal Sonic can't handle the bantz.

I hear him as senator armstrong, only because of that "wake up son" page

I love how high Carrota always looks.

Thanks!

Nicole looks cute as a flight attendant

They gave the egg-diaper the old college try but it was just a bad design.

She does, she truly does.

I always hear him a little deeper, to contrast with Eggman's voice.

God help me I really do like this King Acorn better.

It helps that they let Sally actually be silly once in a while, like her begging him for an advance in the Fighters arc.

I imagine him sounding like Hedonismbot from Futurama for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_c2RLiCHSk

Yep. The joke is now canon.

We have now come full circle.

OH MY GAWD

FUCK OFF WITH METAL SONIC ALREADY

SUCH A STUPID CHARACTER

Would you prefer Metal Big?

Wait what's the joke? I never got that memo

to be fair, Bark is supposed to be the second strongest known Mobian(that isn't amplified by magic or technology) behind Big, so not that surprising his shield wasn't able to handle a direct impact

I never knew I wanted Metal Big to be a thing.
>TOO STRONG

>Welp, looks like we've firmly established that our heroes are properly fucked. Next three issues will of course be how they unfuck themselves and barely squeeze out a win.
>Why is that kind of plot so much fun?
eh honestly I feel the opposite really, that kinda plot has been kinda overdone in Sonic comics by this point

Ever since the reboot started, people were comparing Nu King Acorn with Nigel Thornberry. And since they never addressed him as Max fans just called him Nigel.

It also helps that King Acorn in the SATAM cartoon was in fact voiced by Tim Curry; the man who also played Nigel.

They had my attention when they brought up that he used to be Neo Metal.

It's the finale to a giant overarching story that's been going on for almost three years. Would you rather have an arc where Sonic just beats Eggman effortlessly because that would be boring.

>Second Strongest?

Really? Sheit and I thought he was just some bruiser type of mobian.

All hail the king.

it gets mentioned somewhere, can't remember when though(might have been in the Encyclopedia)

>Would you rather have an arc where Sonic just beats Eggman effortlessly because that would be boring.
obviously not, just saying the whole Scrappy Underdog thing is a little worn out is all, would be interesting to have them more even during one of these events is all

That's a basic hero's situation.

>Out of all of this, Rotor has some kind of tinned sardine thing

i love this walrus, he is my spirit animal

I agree with that, I like that this arc has Eggman really going all out to put the heroes in their bad situation. Instead of him just suddenly being on top and able to stomp everything effortlessly, he has to pull out all the stops. Metal Sonic, the Hooligans, the Witchkarters, the Battlebird Armada, Phaige, he's working hard to achieve this victory.

Yea the enclipedia ranks them

If I recall right its:

1. Big
2. Bark
3. Mighty

I want to say some of the OCs as well came after those 3.

Would you take this comic more seriously with a different artstyle?

There is nothing on that scale I wouldn't bone.

We've seen the comic with serious and more anthropomorphic art styles, and boy do they not help the quality in any way whatsoever.

I think I recall 4 and 5 being Battle Kukku XV and Knuckles. Could be wrong, though.

Are those RCs in reference to something?

If you played Sonic Lost World you would get it.

They're mostly extra items from Sonic Lost World.

So out of all the characters this new universe has given us, who is your absolute favorite?

While she's not a new character, I am rather fond of Sally's makeover. Bike Shorts are hot and Laser Swords are awesome.
I do sometimes miss that she's not naked all the time now.

Thunderbolt

Gold is pretty cute.

>royal jobber squad

Lesbian

Relic. Good for Knuckles getting a love interest who isn't a recolor.
Sorry Julie-Su fans. I know it still hurts.

Strong accusation user.

Honorable mention for Coral, who is a super cute fish.

I'm sorry, but this comic's sketchy art style doesn't fit well with the dramatic tone of this issue. It worked REALLY well with the comedic Champions arc. But I could have used something easier to look at here. That said, she really pulls it together when its really needed, particularly with our beloved King and Overclocked Nicole, with T-Pup and Tails Doll reaching new heights of looking shitty.

That said, the hooligans have never looked better.

Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt Forever.

Not that strong when her creator says so, herself.

I haven't read in forever is that Antoine doing a sword spin dash and generally being cool?

Agreed, actually.

I actually disagree, I think it works wonders for the dynamic action that's all over this issue. I love Yardley, but his work isn't so fluid and his action scenes tend to look a lot more static. T-Pup and Tails Doll look fine to me, especially Tails Doll which manages to look sort of creepy without coming off as a stupid gag (ironically, by looking fairly silly).

That cover really does suck though I hate it so much

Well I guess it depends if you prefer detail or motion.

Im a big fan of Damion Scott and he doesn't always anatomy SUPER well but he has an excellent sense of motion and panel flow, which is something I think is far more important than panels that just look good.

Ideally we'd want both though but motion wins out in the end if we have to choose

Luckily there's a better looking alternative.

That's exactly what that is. Most of the characters are able to do Sonic's spin jump in the Nu Mobius.

so get the variant

She can only do extreme motion, it seems. Bunnie looks great in, say the third panel of this page but poor Antione looks like he's doing fucking nothing, and I have no idea what I'm looking at in panel 2's robot. I looked at it for like 10 minutes before Irealized that its arm was fisting towards Bunnie, missed, then bounced off at a 90 degree angle towards the panel despite being aimed behind the robot initially.

Can we all admit that Rouge is also a cute in this continuity?

you just like ahegaos

>That third fucking panel

>tfw you will never get an anime staring Nack with god awful animation

So is captain metal the only surviving character from the reset, as in like the same exact one not touched by the genisis wave n stuff. Like I get its the same sonic, but its kinda like silver age Superman, where theyre the same being, different back story.

yes, but an second unaddressed character was that Pre-Wave Snively was on board the Wily Egg when it was abandoned

Oh hell, snively, I forgot

Where is he now?

so is this a storytime of pain or is this from after they got good again

verge of death on the bottom of an ocean in blaze's universe with only Captain Metal's consciousness trapped in the Egg o War for company

Rouge is super cute

the comics have been pretty solid for a while now