I never saw any Transformer movie, I always heard about it being absolute shit etc. etc

I never saw any Transformer movie, I always heard about it being absolute shit etc. etc.

So Yesterday I watched the First one and I dont get it. It's a fucking decent Bay Movie. What's the hate for? Or is it only get worse with the sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6DTtns4NCc8
youtube.com/watch?v=rW1byMeeZNA
youtube.com/watch?v=ClRPClwpvfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I remember the first one being well liked at the time. Ive only seen it once and I liked it. It was the sequels that were hated and rightfully so. I don't know why the Transformers franchise became such an easy target for hate when there are way worse franchises out there.

I hated the Shia and his gfs in the first three movies.

>such an easy target for hate when there are way worse franchises out there.

Because Bay is a secret conservative and the series is unabashedly aimed at their target market of 10 year old boys. No pandering to womenists or alphabet soup crowd just a robot truck fighting a robot car like God intended.

The first Transformers was well received by fans and critics, because it's a well made and fun film that pushed the boundaries in CGI.

It's the sequels that have made the franchise as hated as it is by a lot of people. 2 and 3 are bearable because they have some incredible fight scenes but 4 and 5 are just awful in every way imaginable.

>A Movie about a Cartoon that was aimed at 10 year old boys is aimed at 10 year old boys

You're drunk, go to bed.

Hating Bay is a normie meme. In an effort for normies to appear more sophisticated they trash popular filmmakers they know, though most of the of the time it's Bay for some reason. So they say shit like "le Bay and his le explosions amiright?!" in order to feign cinematic knowledge. Other lesser normies will take this stance as an authoritative position, and be forced to agree, "yeah that is true, there are a lot of explosions in Bay's movie" and thus be impressed by the other normie's fallacious sense of cinema. This whole exchange is essentially the equivalent of a film buff/cinephile's opinion of Godard being anti-art, or Buñuel's use of vulgarity. All it amounts to is grandstanding and showboating of cinematic knowledge. True connoisseurs of the art of cinema have learned to appreciate all filmmakers in their own right, for even the crudest of them all have at least some merit to speak of.

>Or is it only get worse with the sequels?

Yeah, the second one being the worst by far. They're, however, not as bad as people make them out to be. Not good by any means but not the atrocities they're sometimes depicted as. They're just the go to movies for when you name something that's obscenely succesful despite not being good.

Kinda like Twilight. Only that Twilight genuinely does promote an extremely unhealthy view of relationships.

Hating these movies is a meme. They're not really good movies, but if you want to be cool on the internet you have to pay money to see them as soon as possible so that you can whine about how it's the worst movies ever.

>All the Military scenes

Fuck you Bay for giving me your Military Feitsh

The original was hated because
1) They focused on humans over Transformers, and
2) The fight scenes were a jumble of machinery.

They fix this aspect in the sequels so arguably it gets better. If you like it, give it a try.

they never fix 2
they don't fix 1 in screentime terms either

The funny thing about your second point being fixed in the sequels is that the only reason he was forced to shoot better fight scenes is he started using the IMAX/3D cameras, which are heavier so he couldn't move them around as much.

The movies are fucking incredible to look at but don't offer much else. If I ever get myself a home theater, I'll be testing it out with one of these movies.

We do like the first one, it's the sequels we hate.

>We
What do you hate about the sequels? You seem to be speaking on behalf of everyone on reddit, so let's have at it.

Excuse me have you seen the trailers for the last one? I think Bay jump the feminist bandwagon

truth. Its funny. when I studied film I found most of my fellow students were just as egomaniacal regarding their taste in film. And when I got tot working in the industry, most of my coworkers suffering from the same inflamed egos.

4>1>2>5>3

no I am not in the practice of evaluating transformers trailers through the lens of critical gender theory.

the latest one is robots and King Arthur. enlighten us how that is 'feminist'.

The first one was good, the second one was one of the worst shits i have ever watched in a theater, fucking fell asleep at the climax of the movie.

>the best one
>last

Transformers 1 is a great michael bay movie, that shouldnt be hated at all

Transformers 2 is hated because of a ridiculous plot, horrible and annoying acting, and its way too long runtime, but the action is still superb, so if you want to watch a micheal bay movie, you get what you ordered and shouldnt complain

Transformers 3 has a better story line, horrible and annoying characters, way too much human stuff but this time even way better action that tops the first 2 movies by far, the drill is fantastic and the asian guy from hangover is funny, its bay kino in its purest form

transformers 4 is basically the same again, but with characters that are way more horrible and annoying than ever before, a even more ridiculous plot and a runtime that is really hard to watch, the fights are not as good as before, but they have dinosaurs. also the level of product placement is offensive this time, not that it was ever subtl in these movies, this one yells in your face DRINK BUD LIGHT, BUY THE BEATS BY DRE PILL and shit. IMO its the worst part and made me stop watching transformer movies in cinema, thats why i cant say anything about transformers 5 because im waiting for a blu ray rip.

basically you can say that youll watch a michael bay movie, which is great, and you get exactly what you think order, so the hate is nonsense

The first one is a fine movie
The second one is probably the worst ever made

1>2>3>>>=5

The first one was a product of a perfect storm of movie magic. I would call it a perfect movie for its genre, like Dumb and Dumber.

First one actually had nice fan serivce quotes to the original series

>YET AGAIN YOU FAILED ME STARSCREAM
>One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall

Reminder that Bay is an autistic hack

youtube.com/watch?v=6DTtns4NCc8

daily reminder that this happened

>Or is it only get worse with the sequels?
They do, but if you actually liked Transformers 1, kill yourself for having such shitty taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=rW1byMeeZNA

Well OP, all the people who shit on them have at least borderline decent taste, whereas you are evidently a MASSIVE fucking pleb. I couldn't last half an hour into the first one and I've never so much as attempted any of the sequels.

>cant even watch the whole movie
>calls other people pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=ClRPClwpvfM

I don't think you understand what that means

You do realize that character is barely in the film, and that monologue isn't in the film?

I remember seeing the first in cinemas and thinking it was ok.

I remember seeing the second in cinemas and geniunely thinking it was one of the biggest pieces of trash I've ever wasted a ticket on.

I'm a different user than who you were arguing with before but I linked the trailer because it's clearly advertising to that demographic.
I haven't seen the film.

Obviously the trailer is, but it's just bait, there really isn't any feminist message in the entire film, there's no message at all since there's too much shit going on.

It was just a marketing move that didn't play out very well, so they abandoned the idea. I don't think that Bay had any idea they are making this.