What does Sup Forums think of Beth and Jerry's relationship?

What does Sup Forums think of Beth and Jerry's relationship?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREfdihtY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which Beth and Jerry?

reddit and morty is the best cartoon evar xD

not much of a relationship

Jerry is a fucking loser and the worst character on the show. Beth doesn't do much except complain. Both of these character need to be a lot better for the next season. Seriously, they aren't funny and contribute very little. I could easily imagine the same show without them even being in it.

It's shit and unenjoyable as a plot device.
If season three has more Beth/Jerry drama I'm going to be very upset.

THEY'RE CODEPENDENT!

>IronicShitpostingisstillshitposting.jpeg

My parents had a worse relationship and are now happy and together. There's is normal and nothing special, but to morty, like most things in the show, are extreme.

I think they lean too heavily on it for B-plots.

Shut up, Jerry.

their B-Plots are the lowest point of the show

I'm just waiting for when the final season comes and Beth and Jerry finally get fed up with each other and decide to get a divorce, only for it to turn out that Beth and Jerry have to stay together or else all of reality will cease to exist....
(Tell me you guys wouldn't want to see that shit.)

but one of the multiverse Beths marries a different guy

They need to get a divorce. Seriously, they have no reason to be together.

And their constant relationship drama only to magically resolve it in the end is bringing the show down.

I'm tired of the husbands being portrayed as idiots in television relationships.

I think it'll be nice if they do a season with Beth and Jerry separated. Allows for some fun character exploration.

I'm tired of there being no development. At the end of every one of their plots they realize they do love each other then next episode their at each other's throats again. I just want to see progress.

At least she's being portrayed as a drunken piece of shit too. So it's equality.

I find enjoyment out of seeing their suffering.

they've had like, 3 episodes were a meta-joke was made about their constant shitty relationship b-plots

just go somewhere with it already

> Jerry is a cuck for a season

'fun' my ass.

I used to think Jerry was the problem out of the both of them, but after dealing with a friend who is suffering from his own co-dependency problems (IE:Claiming having a girlfriend is the only way he'll ever be happy again), I'm kind of seeing why Beth is shitty too. Honestly if they don't get a divorce in season 3, I'm going to be a little disappointed.

Cliché and boring.

She's shitty, but she's still the smart successful one.

Jerry is inept yet still hilarious.

Beth is just a cuuuuunt.

Fuck you man Jerry is my favourite character on the show

they should go on an adventure with rick or something, sounds like it would be fun.

>people hate Jerry

Any time the show brings up their relationship it falls flat but when Jerry's on his own it's legit funny.

But if they do they will be sad again, like in that episodes where both of them where checking themselves from a different dimension.

I actuallu like the way their relationship is protrayed, they both hate their lifes and each other, but they are too afraid of getting out of the comfort zone. Is quite intersting seein a marriage different than the homer-marge stereotype, but I agree that for the next season they should do something with them or they will become boring and repetitive.

>She's shitty, but she's still the smart successful one

Well, she is Rick's daughter, it would be weird if she wasn't.

What does Sup Forums think of Sarah and Tom's relationship?

Sarah's....smiiiiiilleee

Cute. Beth is textbook tsundere done right.

Jerry is a spineless faggot who tries desperately to gain some sort of authority and respect from his family but fails every time whether it be because everyone else likes Rick more or because of Jerrys undeserved tool attitude

Beth is a cunt who has mental issues brought on by Rick abandoning her as a child and then coming back randomly so she enables him all the time. She makes her issues everyone's business as well especially getting pregnant with summer at a young age

i like that it's been proven that their relationship is so fucked that only horrible things can make their marriage functional

THIS THIS THIS

The problem is their relationship isn't going anywhere.

I feel like it'd be interesting if it moved one way or another, but nope, they just use it as a mine for the same jokes over and over again.

After the second realization that they toes malotes lub each other that should've been that.

like most bad relationships there isn't really a problem with the relationships, just the people. beth needs to be nicer, and jerry needs to be a significantly better person in every conceivable way, but especially his attitude. but that's not going to happen as long as people keep treating him like dogshit. theyre a more realistic version of how daria's parents would be, i reckon, except their kids are normies so there's no conflict there
but yeah it's like my parents. if they had fucking self-identities whatsoever, they would have stuck together. instead they just mindlessly follow drummer after drummer, fad after fad, and never the same one at the same time. so a bunch of social groups tell them theyre enemies. In reality they're both the same, both dangerously irresponsible, just in ways that don't congeal

>tfw in one universe incest is legal and rick/morty visit their family

Dan Harmon recently got a divorce, so we might actually get some resolution. It'll probably be cuck shit though.

I dont know man, the I found the side plot with Beth and Jerry to be more interesting and funny than the main plot with Tiny Rick, and probably the best one in the season. Although I did hate Jerry in the later half of the seasob finally. What Im trying to say is thag they work bettet as a team rather than by themselves

Their relationship is really well written. Their whole shitshow of a relationship is fucked up and sad and completely realistic. I know people who have been married for two decades in this kind of situation and this is exactly what it is like when two people who should not be together wind up trapped in a long term relationship.

It just feels like they are in the wrong show. Imagine if they were in something with the same tone and style as Bojack Horseman. Just something that's in-your-face depressing. Beth and Jerry would be GOAT.

He secretly thinks of her as an omnipotent goddess. Consider that. Also Jerry C-137 will reappear to kick ass in season 3, also Mr. Poopy Butthole is the vector of the mind parasitic infestation and will be revealed too LICK LICK LICK MY BALLS I'M OUT

toxic

True. I mean, he's not always a winner, but he is funny. I also enjoyed Beth and Jerry's season 2 episode 1 B plot together, though. At that point, Beth hadn't completely turned into a bitch (or Jerry into a complete wreck of a man) and was simply a flawed and insecure person.

I think season 2 drove the "they're shitty people in a shitty relationship together" angle a little too hard.

Well, he doesn't. That's what Beth's ideal version of Jerry thinks of her.

Rick has a big enough turn off for incest that he makes sure even when forgetting all other possibilities to prevent it in Rick Potion #9.
Two things wilt his old boner, incest and time travel, he's like a bizarro version of his Back to The Future inspiration

Beth is even more of a head case because she won't even acknowledge that her issues stem from her issues with Rick. According to an AMA, she blames her mom for not leaving Rick despite all the support her mom gave her. Beth just picked someone she could bully to deflect from her own daddy issues and still look like the superior person

I think they have argued and made up a few to many times. When they saw that their alternate selves still wanted to be together even after they achieved their dreams that should have been the end of it. Now it's just fucking boring

it bums me out

Jerry is too good for her.

"Codependent relationships are a type of dysfunctional helping relationship where one person supports or enables another person's addiction, poor mental health, immaturity, irresponsibility, or under-achievement"

whoa

Dan Harmon comes from the "say it, don't show it" school of comedy.
Beth and Jerry are dysfunctional, but nowhere near as dysfunctional as the jokes about their marriage try to imply.

Just like how Morty actually isn't retarded, they just like to write lazy jokes where the punchline is telling us that Morty is retarded.

I don't hate it, but I think overall their swabbles are the worst part of the show. I only say that because it think some of their fights feel dragged out compared to how paced the chemistry is with every other character's relation to one another.

Well I mean, that's usually Rick saying it, too. Next to Rick everyone is retarded.

I think it would be fine if every time they show the relationship the show would stop reestablishing they have a bad relationship before getting to the joke/side plot.

Seriously, we get it they have a bad relationship move along with it.

their relationship is terrible and way worse then any of my fuckups but at least they got sex. idk if that makes me feel worse or better

It's getting extremely played out. I dont know why they're so fucking obsessed with this fucking dynamic like it turns the whole notion of bickering parents into ground breaking territory. It needs to stop or become way more interesting soon or just put a stop to it already.

Jerry is Dan Harmon and Beth is Dan's Ex-Wife.
For better or worse, they are Dan's contribution to the show, this is how he works all of his weird shit out. Some people prefer Roiland's weird shit when he's playing both Rick and Morty. I enjoy both, but I do wish Jerry would grow a little bit more confident with each of his successes and that maybe Beth would show some more humility or compassion from time to time.

The point of it is, they're completely terrible to each other AND for each other. The lesson from that weird alien marriage counselor episode wasn't that they need each other, it was just that they're an even worse threat to everyone else they interact with without having their terrible claws dug into each other. It wasn't 'you're both terrible people, but you balance each other' it was 'you're both terrible people and deserve each other so the rest of us don't have to suffer your shit'

It could work a lot better if we didn't constantly have to be reminded of it, I hope the next season is more subtle jabs at eachother than "HAHA I HATE YOU BUT KINDA LIKE YOU OR WHATEVER!"

My point is, Harmon is a hack.
I was promised a Roiland cartoon and R&M steadily became less and less of one.

Guess again.

They are okay. I do like some of the sideline plots with them, like the universal tv episode and the Morty Potion#9 or something.

I'm 100% sure he browses Sup Forums

Honestly? It's an honest view of what a Codependency/Dysfunctional family is.
Jetty and Beth "need" each other to keep the blame game going and Rick ad Beth's ego are the centerpieces for Jerry, he will always take issue of Beth and build the frame of his world on the fact that Beth and her obsession with her dad will short change the family and him. Beth looks on to Jerry as more an emotional squeeze toy, that anytime her life feels like shit she can simply look at Jerry mistreat him and feel better about it.
This is doubled echo in Rixty Minutes where we see in a world where they stayed apart that Beth would drown herself in alcohol because she had no smaller ones to step on when times were bad and Jerry becomes a mess at the fact he reach the top only to discover he was still hollow inside

That's the driving message her: If Beth 180 and did everything Jerry wanted Jerry would self destruct. If Jerry did a 180 and became a successes with little flaws Beth would self destruct

Their relationship is built on the need to hate and to find blame in another.

Damn, that's kinda sad.

I'm talking about OUR rick.
I'm sure with infinite universes, there are Ricks being raped by their own Mortys, Mortys and Ricks who have pinheaded babies together with transplanted baboon wombs, mass graves of Mortys who've died from granpa rape, whatever you can name.
When it comes to our Rick however, he only put ONE failsafe in his weird science roofie, and it was an incest cockblock.

I think it's more in world logic Westermarck effect is biological vs psychological.
Though he's actively repulsed by a fictitious version of his granddaughter hitting on him.

>elder god tier
jerry episode
>god tier
morty episode
>amazing tier
rick episode
>ok tier
beth episode
>absolute fucking dog shit tier
summer episode

The cynical worldview is getting pushed pretty damned hard in this show.

No wonder Morty turns into the big archvillain.

>that filename

Jesus lighten up guy

youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREfdihtY
so what does everyone think of season 3?

I think we may have finally resolved the Jerry/Beth shit for the most part since they agreed on a deadline, shit is always easier to handle when there's a deadline.

>Is disgusted that people are shipping an old man and a teenage boy
>Profile and name comes from a show about a toddler trying to fuck an old obese woman

But in that multiverse if they ever get together the world ends.

Having redeeming qualities doesn't necessarily mean you don't suck a tremendous ball of dicks.

I feel like that exclusive was more Superjail then Rick and Morty.

It wasn't bad but not really accurate to how the rest of the show is like Season's 2 exclusive. The noncanon Georgia Court animation was both funnier and something I'd expect more from the show.

>I feel like that exclusive was more Superjail then Rick and Morty.

funny story
>related videos
>Guard Try-outs, Superjail

>This is doubled echo in Rixty Minutes where we see in a world where they stayed apart that Beth would drown herself in alcohol because she had no smaller ones to step on
She also had an ass load of birds that were kept in poorly kept cages, perhaps to give her that sense of power over someone else?

They deserve each other.

If Beth was with a slightly more capable and independent man she'd probably murder him for fear of the guy ditching her like Rick ditched her mother

If Jerry was with a slightly nicer woman, he'd sink even further into mediocrity and maybe even become a cuk like his dad with nobody to challenge his cowardly way of living.

So Beth gets security and dominace - however meager - and Jerry gets to be ceaselessly provoked into action however unlikely his chances of success are.

Why is there no torrent of the second season uncensored? What the actual fuck

there used to be

Pretty normal if you ask me only my dad usually hits my mom when she starts getting catty and he tells me hitting a woman is ok because woman are stupid. My big sister also lets her boyfriend beat her up and she tells me to dont help her when he beats her up. Women are weird man.

Get your parents counselling, don't let your sister stay with that guy, and don't hit your future partner/s.

Or just laugh at my expense if this is bait

My dad told me counselling is for pussies who cant control their women, and my sister once tried to stab me because I told her to stay away from her boyfriend.

wow user, I can't even, that is so intolerant of black/latino culture.
fucking whitesplaining ciscum.

Well shit, I looked it up months ago and the BD werent released yet so I waited
Are you telling me I waited for too long?

So... Bait then?

And there’s that forever alone Beth who did become a real human surgeon and is a bird lady but is incredibly depressed.

The cartoon implied she eventually ended up with hollywood superstar Jerry but if you look at the storyboard scene that was cut her Rick freezes and kills him thinking he was a nutjob.

Come to think of it Rick kind of respects her for that even if he isn't above of manipulating her and you can tell he is frustrated that she ended up with Jerry.

He even attributes Morty and Summer not being bright super geniuses to Jerry's genes.

Someone shoukd point that out to that hypocrite

Okay, here's what you do. You bide your time, then you get out of there. Possibly try and get your mother out too. If someone abuses you verbally or physically, they don't deserve to be a part of your life.

That's why people don't go looking for friends on Sup Forums

That's the thing, at least Jerry gets to have a story without Beth who IMO is also the less developed character in the show.

I actually want to see more of her relationship with Morty or Summer or something outside Jerry, heck the most we got was in the Parasite episode when we saw in Summer's memory that she was a shitty mom or the way she went straight to drinking after shooting Mr. Poopybutthole, I want more stuff like that.

Also who the fuck is Beth's mom? Who would Rick fall in love with enough to marry and have a kid even if it ended badly? I hope we get to see her and they don't keep it as a secret like the Venture bros do with Hank and Dean's mom.

Your dad sounds like a cocksucker. Don't let him drag you down to his level.

Remind him of his own mortality and irrelevance.

>Okay, here's what you do. You bide your time, then you get out of there. Possibly try and get your mother out too. If someone abuses you verbally or physically, they don't deserve to be a part of your life.

Why does Sup Forums like Rick and Morty so much then?

Because it's fiction.
Something can be enjoyable when it isn't your everyday reality and you don't actually have to deal with all the consequences.

It's the same with /ss/, etc. The fantasy is hot. The reality would probably fuck you up and leave you damaged.

It can be entertaining to see how different people deal with similar situations. And at the end of the day it's still a mostly episodic comedy cartoon, not real life.

If there's one couple that deserves a cuckolding plot the most, it's Jerry and Beth.