About to watch pic related for the first time. I know absolutely nothing about it. What am I in for?

About to watch pic related for the first time. I know absolutely nothing about it. What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU66xopx7_vqALSJBCa-UhRjEHU-UDVg9
youtube.com/watch?v=MLrwVk7ywqo
youtube.com/watch?v=X2j2-1V3Vw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rgc9HXPoteI
youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9QY_o7rjc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

people telling you to post this in /tpg/

BBC
and TWC

You know, you're right. I should have known better.

It's a good show. Be sure to watch Fire Walk with Me as well.
What you don't want to do is watch the new Season which is totally garbage, or post in those asinine threads like this retard suggests

Dude, it's just a soap from the 90s. I don't know what you're expecting. A lot of love triangles, melodramatic crime plots, and bad acting.

It's a soapy, shitty crime drama from the 90s that is "self-aware," so it's supposed to be like that. And then there's weird shit that is a shallow and incoherent as it looks.

Twin Peaks being "soapy" is not on purpose, it was simply a product of the times. You've just outed yourselves as generation z faggots who really have no business discussion a show you probably didn't even fully experience.

So, it wasn't supposed to be soapy? I guess reddit lied to me. Still, it's not like it makes the series better. Worse in some sense, because it's not even a commentary on other dramas.

>Twin Peaks being "soapy" is not on purpose

Of course it is. You can claim it was done for the sake of homage, rather than parody and you'd be right about it but it was obviously done intentionally.

Hell, even the new season has elements of genre homage to certain kinds of shows that are popular now.

Twin Peaks is a soap parody which attempts to be cinematic

The opening credits are goat-tier if that counts for anything

Ok sure, but someone we're talking about what someone from 2017 is "in for." Product of the times or not.

>new season
>garbage
There are a few questionable decisions here and there, but overall I prefer it to the original 2 seasons. Why don't you like it?

>weird shit
>shallow
In the context of the original, yes, but in the context of the movie (and season 3), it can be analysed pretty deeply.

Laura Palmer's dad killed her.
Cooper becomes possessed by the spirit of Bob.

So, there's some deep, underlying message that only is revealed when you watch the season, and the movie, and season 3? Gee, can't say that I've watched all that, so I'll have to take your word for it.

t. brainlet

So, I'm a brainlet for not watching the movie and season 3, which would have been impossible until this year, or I'm a brainlet for not knowing there's a deeper meaning to be gleaned if, and only if, you watch the movie, and the first and third season and the film?

I Don't Like New Things: The Post

The first two seasons are worth enduring for the really good third season.

S1 is okayish, S2 gets better gradually and S3 is great so far.

I recently also watched the entire series

This podcast discussing each of the episodes really helped me keep going and not quitting in the middle of season 2

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU66xopx7_vqALSJBCa-UhRjEHU-UDVg9

>S2 gets better gradually

What? The beginning is the only part worth watching. The Windom Earle stuff is a joke.

>Twin Peaks being "soapy" is not on purpose

Haha, look at this moron, not realizing Twin Peaks was supposed to be soapy

Hint: They're making fun of soaps

>making fun of

No, you are the moron. David isn't being satirical or making a parody.

Windom Earle WORKS. Great disguises, ties in a Cooper backstory, and creates a worthy, real villlain.

I'm Special Agent Gene Parmesan

As if them watching an over the top soap on TV that mirrors what happens in the series wasn't obvious enough...

I guess Lynch should have listened to that podcast ;)

Just watch the first season and the first 9 episodes of the 2nd season. Although the 3rd season can be respected for not trying to ride the nostalgia wave, it is weak and uninspired in comparison and wont be remembered 25 years from now.

You have to watch the movie and the 90 minutes of deleted scenes because FWWM was supposed to be 4 hours long.

And then finally, finally I'll see the light of Lynch's genius?

Wrong bitch.

The Return is better than Season 2 which is a far more egregious, uninspired coasting off of the previous season.

No, you can only hope to see a fraction of it.

A single person cannot see his genius in its entirely.

Its not better than the first 9 episodes of season 2. Not even close.

Actually the show goes to shit after Leland is unveiled in episode 7 and episode 8 and 9 are really dull petering around while the writers buy time to pull something out of their ass.

Watch Missing Pieces as well, OP.

Lynch is a hack who cut chunks out of his movie that actually needed to be there

>You actually think it was lynch's call to cut out David Bowie make some spic shit his pant

Why does Twin Peaks attract such brainlets?

Here. You're welcome.

17 through 19 are bad.

Anything until that fucking beauty pageant is over is an embarrassment to the entire show.

Is the international pilot canon?
youtube.com/watch?v=MLrwVk7ywqo

Are the Georgia coffee commercials canon?
youtube.com/watch?v=X2j2-1V3Vw8

Is the Portland burlesque show canon?
youtube.com/watch?v=Rgc9HXPoteI

Is the Psych homage, Dual Spires, canon?
youtube.com/watch?v=jZ9QY_o7rjc

>I guess reddit lied to me

Go back to Missoula.

No

However the freak show episode of X-Files is

Scooby Doo is canon and by extension various guest stars are too.

>SCOOBEH DIVING ON TEH BEACHHH

really?

>

are you the op? you shouldn't have read that post.

Twin Peaks is a handful of neat offbeat supernatural undertonned 90s soap episodes that is surrounded by a heap of garbage pure over the top 90s soap episodes.

No, Nadine killed Laura and Cooper becomes possessed by the Arm.

I would recommend watching the first two seasons (skip the subplot about James going away on his motorcycle and the Little Nicky scenes), then the Q2 edit of the movie to watch the deleted scenes reedited to fit the script and at last season 3.

You can just watch Episodes 1-9 and episodes 20-22 of season 2 and miss nothing important for FWWM or The Return.

I think the only person that shows up between those episodes is Denise.

Anything in between is just a waste of time.

Cooper is the killer. Sheriff Trueman becomes possessed by Audrey.

don't listen to this fag, sure the new season is different, but not in any way worse than the first two
you gotta experience for yourself I guess

Cooper's dad killed Dr Jacoby. Andy becomes possessed by the Arm.