Suicide Squad Rebirth Preview

It's good to be back.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/30222-jim-lee-scales-back-plans-on-suicide-squad-title.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shutting down the squad? Thanks Obama.

Fucking up Deadshot's costume is a crime.

I've never been a big Phillip Tan fan, but I like the color palette they're working with here.

After getting Ostrander back for a one shot, I trust DCKOMICS.

Deadshot has always had a shitty costume outside of the rad mask imho.

That lineup doesn't excite me.

Hey, he's absolutely right. The metaphorical bomb is exactly what happened in Ostrander's run.

I wonder if they'll bother explaining why Waller is old and overweight again all of a sudden, but I doubt it.

Harley really kills all my hype with anything suicide squad related

At least Waller isn't a skinny bitch anymore.

Three panel weight gain sequence.

that's my fetish.

Katana, Boomerang, Deadshot, and Enchantress are a pretty good squad imo. Croc and Harley do nothing for me. Hopefully the cast rotates a lot.

I feel like this is the first time I've seen DC use an Obama-looking president since his election began (or at least since the New52 started).

She was pretty good in New Suicide Squad.

They also used Obama in some Superman/Wonder Woman issue during the DCYou period.

THANKS OBAMA

>All this movie synergy bullshit

But the movie cast is based off the New 52 cast....

Exactly. Now she's a fat bitch, just the way we like her. >Katana, Boomerang, Deadshot, and Enchantress are a pretty good squad imo.
Agreed, but you just know Harley and Croc are going to hog all the panel time.

Suicide Squad Harley is the best Harley if you actually read.

I was hoping that when they finally fattened up Waller again, she would at least still be somewhat young.

>no King Shark
>no Yo Yo
>no Parasite
>no Reverse Flash
>No Cheetah
Yea, no. This is pure movie synergy garbage.

The only bad part is that with this incarnation, they're basically a Batfamily offshoot (and, thus, don't need the extra push). Otherwise, it's perfectly fine: Suicide Squad hasn't really been relevant to DC for....a decade? More than that?

I'm fine with this getting a push as long as the intention is to have DC stop relying on Batman/Harley Quinn for sales.

Not half as good as his work on Agent Orange.

QUESTION anyone know when that image book about the warring Angels that Tan is doing the art for us coming out?

Man, I'm not even sure about that. She just comes off as better than any Harley you can compare her to currently. Which makes her the default best. As for being the best Harley ever, I don't know. Seems like a stretch.

Eh, I don't know. I thought most of these guys were pretty bland, save for based Reverse Flash.

I fucking loved King Shark from NuSS.

Also bumbed out that they didn't put Dutchess in the film seeing as how they are leading up to a war with Darkseid and Apkolips with the movie verse.

Movie squad is almost exactly the same as New 52 Squad except with Slipknot instead of Black Spider and Killer Croc instead of King Shark and Katana added on.

Slipknot: Rises when?

And Enchantress and Rick Flagg, and Boomer wasn't part of the squad until the second or 3rd arc of the Nu52 run.

On one hand, this definitely invokes Ostrander. On the other hand, Seeleysquad was so much fun, and should have gotten a longer run

First page and I'm already out, fuck this shit

Why

>and Rick Flagg, and Boomer

These are classic Suicide Squad characters. They don't have to be in the New 52 squad.

Not muh Harley, I don't like that bloody shot of her

I know, I really wish we would have gotten the orginal cast of the SS instead of a mash up of new 52, at the very least Dutchess.

I haven't read any Squad past Ostrander that could even come close to measuring up

Lol,faggot.

Harley's the shittiest thing to happen to Suicide Squad, it's supposed to be C-listers

I hope it does not go to total shit like the new 52 did.

Still we got a decent amount of issues before that went shit so even that would please me here

Thanks obama

I hate to say it but obama is right
Also waller seems in character here thats good

Wait why is he in jail i droped the last series after lol were all sleeper agents

True but he was there from the start of the first run

I auctualy really like the way they aare mixing it up provides for new opportunitys

>we have to exist to protect you

>from what

>I can't tell you

This is a bad way to argue for the Squad. Has she never debated someone?

Suicide Squad Harley has been the only good Harley since BTAS.

What a pussy.

SeeleySquad Harley was great

Textless version of the variant cover

Regular cover

And the new Suicide Squad comic logo by Tom Mueller.

You should feel bad for Jim Lee because expect fill-in artists in the following issues.

You came late to the party and are referencing characters who are either not in jail anymore or dead

Actually, per:
newsarama.com/30222-jim-lee-scales-back-plans-on-suicide-squad-title.html

Lee's only doing about 12-13 pages for the issues he's on and letting the other 7-8 pages essentially be back-ups.

apparently he's drawing 1-5, so Rebirth must have been in the works since the Suicide Squad movie was greenlit.

New Logo sucks it's too understated in that faux 80's way, it just doesn't pop off the page.

I mean shit half the team here is from ostrander's run

Not a big deal to see new blood

You're a fucking faggot

right outta hotline miami
I see

ugh that sucks, who thought putting Jim Lee on a bimonthly was a good idea? hope they line up a murderer's row to work on the back ups or this will go south fast.

Camt we just get Ostrander back? Also either Manta or Boomer?

>Waller is fat again

C-listers die, rest of team lives.

>On the other hand, Seeleysquad was so much fun, and should have gotten a longer run
Yeah, this.

But Boomer is on the team. And Manta is being his usual badass self in Aquaman.

I read he's only doing half of 1-5

>Not a big deal to see new blood
This
If theres no rotation the entire comic falls apart

The way the wall sells the squad has always been the weakest part of the comics it just cant he writen in a way that makes sense

>DCKOMICS.
I think you dropped an I there, user.
>DICKOMICS

New 52 is still movie synergy bullshit

It's like Cyborg or Inhumans. Nobody cares about them because they're a corporate push to prepare you for the movie.

it's been bastardized just like Guardians, if the movie was Bendis Guardians as well.

duchess could only ever work in a sequel though

That alone will make me give it a chance again.

I admit it, I'm an old-school Ostrander snob, but I'll give it a chance, just like I did in the early nu52 days.

>Let's appeal to the movie audience by replicating the lineup
Don't fuck it up DC

Waller got her weight back?

Eh, I really liked how they incorporated fill-in artists for the April Fools Special with Harley's dream/flashbacks.

The Drywall is no more.

The Wall, The Wall, nothing on Earth can make her fall.

Amen.

THIS IS COLONEL RICK FLAG.
HE SHOOTS YOU ALL TO DEATH LIKE A SEAL ON AN ICE SHORE

I was just about to comment how pleasantly surprised I am by the art. The interiors look much better than the absolutely garbage cover had me ready for.