There are plebian redditors who unironically hate 2001

>There are plebian redditors who unironically hate 2001
What the fuck happened?

>But they have 5 minute scenes of nothing for no reason
There IS a reason for the 5 minute scenes of (so-called) "nothing".
We spend 10 minutes looking at apes in plain desert, showing us how we developed human behavour for the first time.
THEN....all of a sudden, we're seeing a spaceship & spacestation. Without the 5 minute scenes, The film wouldn't be able to make us appreciate the technology we've managed to create since the "dawn of man".
All those 5 minute scenes of "nothing" are one of the most important aspects of the film.

>But the movie litterally starts out with 3 minutes of nothing
There is a reason as to why the film plays 3 minutes of music before the film starts.
The song 'requiem' plays whenever a monolith appears on-screen. Stanley uses 'Requiem' to not only create a chilling mood but also give the monolith a voice. 'Requiem' is the monolith's voice speaking to whoever it is facing. By having the music play over the black screen at the beginning of the film Kubrick is actually showing us the first monolith. This monolith speaking to the audience suggests that we're about to witness a film so grand and so magnificent that it will open up our eyes to things we've never even thought possible.

>But the movie was incredibly boring
The long "boring" parts were the most profound. It was about the awesomeness of being a tiny creature in the unfathomable vastness of space and the unanswerable questions of existence. I felt like I was along for the ride awed by the very fact of being suspended in the beauty and horror of empty space. It's a more realistic vision of space travel.

>B-but people only force themselves to like it in order to look smart! Just look at my epic copypasta!
It's funny how you seem to know the opinion of everyone who has ever seen this film.

>I-It's just nostalgia!

>Nostalgia
>Movie from the 60s
How old do you think everyone here is?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84915002/#84927370
youtube.com/watch?v=9ls6f1dtWO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seems like you were so assblasted from earlier today that you wanted to just attack the weakest arguments from there. This doesn't mean that you're wrong, but it's a little too obvious to anyone who was in that thread.

>movie opens up with 15 minutes of monkeys throwing shit at each other
I nearly fell asleep right there, they could have condensed it down to 3 minutes

What thread are you talking about? I woke up an hour ago.

this. I loved the film, but I can't deny it was unnecessarily long.

>butthurt from yesterdays thread wew
This is the problem with 2001 fags they need to defend themselves because they want to pretend they like the movie so they can signal to other pseuds how deep into film they are.

Just get over it.
People dont like the same movie you do.

What fucking thread are you talking about?

OP has greentext from the old thread. Unless he's just talking to HAL xD

No I didn't, I wrote this yesterday.

Also, please link me the thread.

you're the redditor for desperately trying to make others like the movie

People not okay with the "nothing happening" scenes are the biggest pleb ADD manchildren. It's like a classical song with different intensity throughout the song but Retarded plebs want some pop music that is fun and bouncy all the way through. Enjoy spiderman homecoming redditors.

I'm not trying to make you like it, I'm just saying that you should return to reddit if you don't.

Congrats, you are underageb& like all the other kubrick memesters.

>i'll call him underage, that'll show him!

The movie has unnecessarily long scenes. Any of the points you argue about could be established in scenes 1/4 the length. Okay. So the movie is wandering and long winded. I could deal with that if it had a proper ending, or indeed much content at all. Leaving aside reproduction symbolism and memes like that, what do you think the movie means? What makes it so good?

>Biggest pleb ADD manchildren
I'm guessing you liked The Turin Horse then because nothing happens.

It's fucking boring.
I can sit through it just fine without sperging out but that doesn'y make it any good.

That's litterally explained in the OP you mong.

This movie was great for its time because of the special effects being groundbreaking for the time. Strip that away and you have a mediocre sci fi flick.

>le epic fedora may may XD
Stopped reading there.

Give me a list of your favorite movies and directors.

>Stopped reading there
You've been exposed as one of 'those' people.

>Reddit meme
You've been exposed as one of 'those' people.

>We spend 10 minutes looking at apes in plain desert, showing us how we developed human behavour for the first time.
>Without the 5 minute scenes, The film wouldn't be able to make us appreciate the technology we've managed to create since the "dawn of man".
Yes, and a competent director would have directed those scenes in a way that doesn't put a hyperactive 5 year old to sleep. It's just shitty film making, no excuse.
>The long "boring" parts were the most profound.
A film doesn't have to be boring to be profound.

>Reddit
I was the one trying not to say reddit first but here we are

Hating on 2001 is a classic troll tactic, it always works.

2001 is my favourite film, watching it on acid was truly amazing.

It didn't have enough laser guns and SJW pandering for you liking?

>Unironically using the wojak meme
>Thinks he has the right to call anyone reddit

>Shitty filmaking
This.

The scenes are unnecessarily long and if it came out today it would be criticised for it, I dont care that it was the "first to do it", it did it wrong. It was so basic how he filmed the apes, I see more complex filmaking from a wildlife documentary.

Fuck off. Before Sunrise was just two people walking around a city, talking and it wasn't boring for a second. You know why? BECAUSE IT HAD A COMPETENT DIRECTOR!

I wasn't bored during 2001, yet it took me 3 viewings to get through Before Sunrise.

>People who dislike 2001 present well thought out arguments as to why
>Fanboys screech autistically

>thought
>people who dislike 2001
pick one

>well thought out arguments

>ITS TOO BOOOORIING
>PEOPLE ONLY FORCE THEMSELVES TO LIKE IT!
>THERE IS OVERTURE IN AN 1960S FILM

Eyes wide shut>a clockwork orange>>the shining>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a bore odyssey

Sorry, I don't really like shitty romance.

Having scenes that are far too long and add nothing the longer they go on is a legitimate argument though

I swear to god you people would watch 3 hours of closeups of obese guys taking a shit if Kubrick filmed it.

Take your ritalin, billy.

Right so you say this, but probably hated The Wailing

How the fuck is that even remotely comparable to 2001?

>DUDE LONG TAKES ARE FOR PATRICIANS
You can have long quiet scenes that are both good and bad. Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.

Never heard of it.

>Just because its long doesnt automatically make it good fucking hell.
He wasn't saying that.

I liked it. I thought the visuals were trippy and what little of the plot I understood, I enjoyed.

That being said, I might literally be too stupid for this movie.

I'll be the first to admit that most of it probably went over my head, and when the movie started popping LSD near the end, I had embraced that I was more or less just along for the ride.

I can't comment on whether or not it is the work of brilliance some claim, but I enjoyed myself enough to make it worth it.

>MUH GIANT MEME BABY IN SPACE
What a crock of shit.

(You)

>DUDE LSD TRIPPIN LMAO
So it's confirmed the drugs have destroyed your brains. 2001 fans are literally DUDE WEED LMAO tier

>I don't understand whats going on so its trippy XDDD

It hasnt aged well.

Other movies do it better.

Obnoxious symbolism.

Tangential stoeytelling.

Just like clockwork Orange it was groundbreaking for its time butvteppid against todays offerings, just the way it is. By the year 2040 when batman has been rebooted xth time and available in VR people will hardly scoff at TDK. Its just the way of things.

What it could benefit from is a remake, maybe a more sane director who is able to tie the whole thing together better.

>lol you only pretend to like the movie!

what are you on about, movies are shit nowadays. If anything it became better as movies took a downturn.

Except everything about it was so shit that even in today's garbage moviescape it's worse than before.

(You)

>their arguments will become void if I pretend as if they're trolling

>being this butthurt about reality
What's wrong? Need a safe space?

Your "points" are entirely subjective.

>an anonymous poster on uzbekistani sculpting manga is posting this to signal to other "pseuds"

Yep, youve surely figured it out here

The entire thing is subjective. Go back to r/movies if you don't like challenging opinions redditor

What the fuck is the argument?
>the movie ends the way it does what a piece of shit
>lol i'll just call it shit without explaining

>almost nobody understood that the monolith represented jumps in human consciousness

>Yep, youve surely figured it out here
of course they are have you not seen people trying to fit in

>THIS IS REDDIT
>NO I LIKED IT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS REDDIT
>HAHA TRUE SIGN OF REDDIT FUCK YOU
>YOU HAVE TO GO BACK PLEBBITOR
>HURRRRRRRRRRRR IT'S LEDDIT

nice leddit spacing ledditor

It seems like you have run out of arguments and just scream 'r-redditor!' at this point.

As for the argument that the entire thing is subjective, it's not. There are objectively good and bad things about it.

Yes, because of kubrick's absolute garbage directing.

>Need a safe space?
Do you?

Kubrick can't make up for your retardation.

>if I strawman i'll sound smarter
everyone knew what it meant and if they didn't all it would take is 5 seconds to google it you utter mong.

>literally calls me a strawman even though it's not applicable
>then precedes to strawman me

Could you link me that thread?

Let me spell it out for you
IT. IS. BORING. AND. OBNOXIOUS.

I have severe ADD and i fucking love this movie. What does this mean?

'Boring' is an subjective term.

That you are lying on the internet.

>boring
wrong

what other movies take you to prehistoric times

then to the moon then to the future

the movie is so densely packed it's like 3 stories in one

it's like a proto infinite jest not that you would know the names of any books pleb

there is nothing obnoxious about this movie
it shows a clear and distilled picture

do you even know what the definition of obnoxious is?

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/84915002/#84927370

Do black people like this film? Or do they hate it because they see the apes in the beginning and get primal urges to chimp out.

>the setting of the movie means it can't be boring
I feel like my IQ just dropped several points from reading your garbage post.

i've never actually seen a black person discuss this movie

I have to agree with you completely OP. Those long, drawn out moments are when i feel the most intense and reflect on my own interpretations.

I recently got butt-hurt about ADD millennials just last week

>Re-watching m.night's Signs with my younger sister (by 11 years)
>Appreciate all these emotional moments i never noticed before
>Well up at all the "muh faith" scenes
>Basically fucking crying at the ending
>There's a small transition scene at the end where we pan around the room to show the changing of the seasons/ Mel wearing his minister's outfit again/children laughing in background
>She complains "OMG just fucking hurry up, why does it have to be so slow"
>Literally lasted about 30 seconds (very short time of reflection)
>On her phone the whole way through the movie, won't stop fidgeting and loudly chewing food

I realise this is a shitty example because signs basically sucks (we both laughed at the CGI) but it just took my last shred of hope away that we would ever be able to appreciate film together. At least the rest of my family gets it but these fucking reddit millenials man they are just a lost cause. She's excited to go see Valerian, no fucking way i'm ever gonna watch that trash. Just gonna go see War of the Apes with my bro (5 years younger) what a fucking difference 5 years and having a penis makes.

Personally, I've never actually seen a smart person discuss it.

good it's already very low

you didn't even refute any points

what the fuck do you mean the setting of the movie means it can't be boring?

do you realize how stupid you are?

are you a pot addict or something?

xD

ITT:
youtube.com/watch?v=9ls6f1dtWO0

You discussed it just now. Faggot

>Nostalgia critic

Couldn't even get through the first 10 seconds.

good because that's literally this thread

a bunch of redditors

2001 is reddit: the movie t b h

You mean the people who hate it or the people who love it?

Stop posting this in every thread, redditors dont have the brain capacity to process what's going on in 2001.

see