youtu.be/kZ1bbXUEweQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please spoonfeed me the story behind that pic

>tfw fantasy kino is dead

Looks like Morgoth is leading an army of Balrogs to fight Ungoliant
Probably a scene from Silmarillion.

>embodiment of evil betrays other embodiment of evil

christopher tolkien is 92

Morgoth, a giant spider, btfos Satan of the LOTR universe who has to get his Balrogs to save him.

>moorgoth a giant spider
you had one job

Giant nigga spida reks another big ass nigga of hell so satan aint the best no mo'

Melkor/Morgoth stole a bunch of magic diamonds and fled to Middleearth. Ungoliant tried to mug him, at first Morgoth hands over the goods.
But then the spider asks for Silmarills. Morgoth goes:
>Nah, I need them for stuff
Ungolianth gets angry and attacks with a screech. Morgoth gets hurt, cries out in pain.
Balrogs hear their master's pain AND TEAR THEMSELVES FROM THE GROUND, whip spider's ass and chase her away.

I'd rather see Feanor vs Balrogs

So, out of the things to pick from LOTR, they chose the story of a midget carrying a ring from point A to point B, instead of this giant monster?

>Morogoth, a giant spider
Yeah he btfo's the dark lord Frodo with his army of M. Bisons.

Silmarillion would work better as a HBO Mini-series.

After Christopher dies of course and his based son gets the rights.

Morgoth - the sole evil Vala (second tier gods) - teams up with a thing from beyond the outer layer of reality - Ungoliant - in order to go steal the Silmarils - really fucking amazing jewellery made by a faggot elf. After stealing them they go head back to Ungoliant's base to divide their spoils however Morgoth betrays Ungoliant and tries to keep them for himself, whereupon the giant spider attempts to eat him as punishment.

Morgoth cries out with such pain and terror that his lieutenants the Balrogs - Maiar (third tier gods) corrupted during the conception of the world by Morgoth's distortion of the song of creation - come rushing to his aid from across a country and drive Ungoliant off.

The silmarillion is pretty much literally unfilmable btw op.

A spider with everlasting hunger. She was an ally of Melkor (Sauron's old boss) and eats some powerful elvish trees. She became so big and powerful after this that she tries to eat Melkor but his balrogs save him.

She is Shelob's mother. .

The First Age of LOTR is utterly insane, and includes a magic flying ship crashing into a giant dragon which kills it. It's dead body creates some of the mountains in LOTR.

Is this all canon or just some sloppy second writers that create fanfics?

its from the silmarillion and tolkien's kids arent letting hollywood have the rights to that because they saw the previous films and are understandably butthurt that hollywood took huge shits on their patriarch's legacy

Yes it's canon but it isn't easy reading.

The silmarillion is kind of like the Bible for the LOTR universe.

It's sorta half canon

Tolkein wrote it but he died before it could be fully refined so it was collated by his son and published that way.

There are no official LOTR fanfics. Everything is done by Tolkien.

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Morgoth

Balrogs don't have wings, horns, they're not 5m tall and they don't look like devils
Ancalagon wasn't that big, not even remotely.

>Ancalagon wasn't that big, not even remotely.

kill yourself retard

The universe of LOTR was literally created by music and the source of all evil in the world is a guy that didn't make his music in tune with what Eru Illuvatar (God) wanted.

What the fuck was his problem?

No, the only cannon are the stories of The Cottage of Lost Play with Eriol/Ælfwine, talking about things like Glorund The Dragon and how some elves did exist during England's Middle Ages.

First of all, that's not nice.
Second point, he wasn't that big. War destroys beleriand, does that mean armies were exclusively made out of giants?

except he is that big

when he fell his body crushed three different mountains

Everyone doing the same music is boring.

Again and beleriand was destroyed by the warring of the armies, does that imply that the soldiers that fought in the war were as big as giants?
No, because the power of something isn't a function of its size in tolkien's world. For example Durin's bane destroys the side of the mountain while falling after being killed by gandalf. Yet balrogs are around 2m tall.

>She is Shelob's mother. .
did she breed with a spiderlet or something?

>Ancalagon wasn't that big, not even remotely.
damn right.

We have no indication of his size. Just that his fall destroyed mountains.

That pic was probably done by the same guy who made the big death star in mary sue awakens.

Melkor was initially annoyed because God made him first and then sat around doing nothing. In fact he was so mad that he set out on his own to search the infinite nothingness that was """"creation"""" for the flame of creation aka the 'Secret Fire' (Gandalf mentions this very briefly when he fights the Balrog in Moria). While on his quest Melkor developed a thus far unknown concept which we would understand as 'Free Will.'

When the time finally came, instead of blindly obeying god Melkor thought to instead try and create something of his own. However much he tried though God and the other Ainur would sing that much louder to try and counter his own melody. Eventually after three rounds of Melkor singing his heart out trying to make something unique God got bored and told Melkor that only he could ever create anything and that Melkor should stop trying to oppose him.

After this Melkor descended onto Arda and tried to fuck it up as much as he could, though was repeatedly stopped by the other Ainur in the name of Eru Illuvatar.

tl;dr god's a fucking fag

Durin's Bane still hit the mountain though.

Unless Ancalagon is huge there's no way for him to hit three different mountains at once during his fall. I.e. his body could reach between three different mountain peaks.

>t. dragonlet

>It's dead body creates some of the mountains in LOTR.

The entire area that battle took place is under water by the time of lord of the rings

Lord of the Rings is a much better story. Silmarillion was never actually finished and is a clusterfuck to read with a billion names and locations

Is it? I genuinely struggled to put names to places when reading the Silmarillion. Numenor seemed to be in the Sky or something, and the map in the back wasn't much use.

>using lotr.wikia
>not using the superior tolkien gateway

Yeah, his fall destroyed the three peaks of the biggest mountains on the planet

The Silmarillion is fine as it is. It's just not a narrative novel in the same way that LOTR is.

It reads more like the Bible than Ulysses.

>not using Tolkien's writings

>tl;dr god's a fucking fag
from your story melkor comes off as the complete fucking dick though

Melkor is a complete fucking dick, He can't create,only destroy. Everything that he has ever made is only capable of destroying further.

That's a stupid comparison and you know it, child

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, MELKOR IS /OUR GUY/

The bible is more thrilling.

How?
By trying to be unique?

He just wanted to ROCK!

Melkor was good boy.

He literally wasn't. If anything he was an autistic pos that wanted to create his own thing because he was jealous of his father's creation. Literally a god with the mind of a kid.

>Ungoliant has manhands
gross

Why does the big fire goat dude have a face on his crotch?

I like that pic

>His enemy halted again, facing him, and the shadow about it reached out like two vast wings… suddenly it drew itself up to a great height, and its wings were spread from wall to wall …

Well, why did Eru create him like that, then? Eru's the twat no matter which way you cut it. Could have given Melkor a sandbox universe to play around with if he created the poor man(???) with an urge to create stuff himself

He didn't create him "like that" he just created him and he happened to be a dick. This isn't like our God who gives people free will or whatever

I WANNA ROCK

I cant even begin to imagine how huge that fucking dragon is, I feel that Middle earth must be at least 10 times the size of Earth for that dragon to be able to live.

kek

>Give it to me!
>I must have it!
>Precious treasure!
>I deserve it!
>Where can i run?
>Where can i hide the Silmarils?
>Gems of tree-life
>Their life belongs to me!

I thought Middle-Earth was literally ancient Earth, though

>For example Durin's bane destroys the side of the mountain
Thats not true and you know it

Why is everyone in Tolkiens universe such a douche? Fuck everyone really.
Name one redeaming character

The physical embodiment of a black hole tries to steal magical jewels from Satan who promptly summons his demonic underlings from the depths of the earth to save his ass. The black hole flees, gives birth to the race of giant spiders and literally eats itself to death to sate its unending hunger.

Earendil? He's such a good guy he got cucked into sailing a flying boat over the world forever.

I don't know him. That doesnt sound very good.

Faramir. They butchered his character in the films
>if I found it on the roadside I would not take it

Because he is. While Melkor originally had good intentions, IE filling The Void with life, he only sought to do so to exalt himself. The music of the ainur was a group effort, all the angels were embodiments of Eru's infinite creativity. Melkor was a jack of all trades kind of guy and so thought he could one up everyone else and work alone. But everything he "discovered" originally came from his Creator, he did not discover anything new but he was too proud to admit it.

Then when he realizes the futility of his cause he throws a millenia long temper tantrum like an angry toddler denied his toy. From then on he works according to the principle "If I cannot have it, no one can".

It'd have to be like jupiter sized assuming the fucker eats and it's not magic handwaving bullshit

>Earendil
>good

>Melkor confirmed for female

LITERALLY /ourguy/

Turin. Wincest redeems all.

this. melkor was literally 24/7 fuck your couch.

Morgoth, who is basically Lucifer, enlists Ungoliant in a mission. Ungoliant's origin is unknown since we dont know if she of the Valar or from the void. Valar are the angelic beings Eru (God) created as helpers. Valar being high tier like Morgoth (the most powerful), and Maiar are lower in power, like Sauron and Gandalf. Gandalf and the wizards are a special case since they were made into physical bodies to limit their powers and not become Facists like Sauron.

Morgoth at the start of his career was more powerful than all (11) the other valar combined. He also was the Smartest, so he was basically like Trump and made walls all over the place and everyone freaked the fuck out.

But he wore himself thin, spending his power (like mana from Diablo) on shit like creating orcs, dragons and whatever.

Then there was this autistic elf who made shit, i forget his name, but he made pretty stones. Melkor/morgoth got jelly and decided to poop on the parade and hired a spider-whore of unknown origins to help him.

She drank dry the wells, she ate the trees that were the current source of light on arda (the earth), and they pulled a diamon heist. Whilst on their getaway, spidey ate some gems and got swole, demanded the silmarills (autism made gems), Morgoth denied it and got rekt. Called out for help and Balrogs came whipping.

We may never SEE the fight, but we can HEAR the fight if you like metal

youtu.be/kZ1bbXUEweQ

>not being tolkien

OH IT'S SWEET HOW THE

DARKNESS IS FLOATING AROUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUND

W E A R E F O L L O W I N G

T H E

W I L L

O F T H E

O N E
N
E

>This isn't like our God
yeah, lucifer totally turned out a-ok!

>>You will never see Ungoliant btfo Morgoth on the big screen

And thank God for that. .

you should read Silmarillion for that even alone
I mean, Morgoth is the biggest power in Arda, but even he was scared of Ungoliant

Are you retarded? If you literally created all of existence, you created the guy who is a dick, and you created him to be a dick. Can't be a dick if you're created as a nice person or whatever.

he was a little bigger than a house

because the image is fake

>Ungoliant tried to mug him

who helped you get those magic diamonds in the first place brah?

there's one in every thread...

0/10 you can't frustrate me herr derr

kek, he's right tho, it's not true

What? The balrog only broke the place he landed on not the whole mountain side

if Ungoliant had all the power of the Silmarills, how did she lose to the Balrogs?

Balrog isn't a species, it's a class of beings,like valar or maiar. There could have been balrog with wings, horns, etc. because they're all different. Hell even ungoliant the giant spider is a balrog

Each balrog was a lesser sauron tier entity and depending on which version you want to believe there were thousands of balrogs that answeres his call or several dozen

I love drugs.

>several dozen

Balrogs were kinda special, there were not a ton of them

there were other 'high-level' creatures wandering around Arda before the Third Age, like including Ungoliant, the 5 Istari, Melian Queen of Doriath, and some OLD elves like Fingolfin, Thingol, etc

...lets not talk about Tom Bombadil and Goldberry

>even ungoliant the giant spider is a balrog

No.
Balrog = Maiar
Ungoliant = Maiar
Balrog =/= Ungoliant

>Ungoliant = Maiar
[citation needed]

>Ungoliant = Maiar
Ungoliant was something else that came from the reaches of the world never explained.

>Ungoliant = Maiar
I know the source your basing your assumptions on but the fact is there are several evidence that point to ungoliant NOT being a maiar