Oh yeah, that happened

Oh yeah, that happened.

yep

>Google warcraft net gross
>Box Office: 'Warcraft' Becomes Biggest Video Game Movie Ever - Forbes
>Box Office: 'Warcraft' Is A Flop - Forbes

Wtf Forbes

It was a flop though. The idea of Warcraft was to have an entire cinematic universe of all the stories and sell billions in merchandise, instead they made a commercial flop in the US and only the foreign markets allowed it to make a slight profit and there is 0 hope for a sequel

that's what happens when you don't listen to the fans who gave them ample notice that liveaction would ruin it

>a perfect screen adaptation
>people shit on it, it flops

Is this a BvS of mid-2016?

I thought the orcs were done really well. The human parts were terrible. Sad it won't get another chance.

I feel bad for my man Duncan.

there were plenty of worse movies released in 2016
warcraft at least had its heart in the right place

Literally everybody I've talked to who's seen it enjoyed it. It must have had really crappy marketing in the US.

>slight profit
>flop
WEW

I assume this was before it released in China, because it was pretty popular over there

I guess most people who disliked it are those who are unfamiliar with the Warcraft 1 story.

>implying BvS flopped

it was a great movie, no wonder plebs didn't go to see it.

King arthur directed by guy ritchie

it wasn't bad

wished they would've done the summoning demons and raising skeletons
catapaults and priests etc...

also the towns were Warcraft 2 aesthtic not warcraft 1

it was literally for the Asian market, that's why. I have no doubt the American movie industry will shift to making Asian movies, both from the market size, the prestige of western cinema, the abundance of domestic asians, no discerning taste, and the fact piraters probably lose their hands over there

>Confusing, incoherent mess of a story that only makes sense if you've played all the games (this is a bad thing, folks. Most people haven't playe the games)
>Too many characters, thise two human guys looked exactly the same. Awkward, forced romance and no character development
>CGI that somehow manages to look terrible despite being really advanced
>Weird juxtaposition of a silly fantasy world with a grim tone that takes itself too seriously (The Warcraft games had fun and whimsical elements that fit the cartoony visual style well)
This is why it failed.

all the "whmisical" elements were easter eggs

like clicking on a guy more than 10 times
or learning all the cheats

the superficial level of the game wasn't at all whimsical the second and third ones were more "cartoony" than the pixelated graphics of the first one.

if they wanted to suck asain cock with the movie they shoulda just made an anime.

It was fun

The movie itself was terrible but I enjoyed it anyways because I like Warcraft stuff. I can understand why it did badly in theaters. Shame we will never see a Warcraft III movie tho

>perfect screen adaptation
Fuck off.

Retarded wowfags didn't like it. The story was in warcraft 1 rts.

chinks don't like anime because it isn't real

This is most likely true. Here's some oversimplified examples I heard from acquaintances.
>why are the orcs red?
>lothar's blade from dota! xd
>who the fuck is medivh
>wtf it was illidan who opened the dark portal!
>muh arthas

It did so well in China the 2nd Warcraft movie will only be shown in select theaters in the US. Really sucks to hear that as a fan.

It wasn't bad at least. Forgettable maybe, but but infamously bad. I'll gladly take that over the other.

Isn't sad how the story was told 10x better in the video game than in the movie though

>warcraft 1 rts
>fel
>brown orcs
>durotan
>thrall
>stormwind not destroyed before the Alliance formes
The story was a WoWfag take on W1, not W1.

Because entirely CGI adult movies have done so well in the past.... Oh wait they're even worse

Also
>Listening to fans

seems like those people only played warcraft 3 and wow
i admit i only played those too

I dunno why Americans hate it so much. Went to see it with my family and we all liked it (my dad thought it was better than Return of the King, funnily enough)

Sure it had issues, bu the orcs were great, it was surprisingly dark, the characters all evolved and changed throughout the film, it wasn't completly predictable (save for Medivh's golem, that ws quite telegraphed), and overall it was pretty charming.

Kermode was in the right here.

return of the king was a pile of shit.

Your dad has shit taste.

you forgot the most important one
>dalaran floating

Was it actually floating or did they just made the towers really tall? I don't remember but that was the impression it gave.

This.

>Most successful movie of this genre ever was a flop

What exactly is the definition of "flop"?

I think he meant to say that the movie, while commercially successful, failed to achieve its goal of kick-starting a big movie franchise.