What are your thoughts on Uncanny Avengers and Pymtron? Personally, I think the fight was rad as hell

What are your thoughts on Uncanny Avengers and Pymtron? Personally, I think the fight was rad as hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

www65.zippyshare.com/v/YiPQKHtc/file.html
tusfiles.com/1qm4o3ilq8l3
userscloud.com/u2twdawua3ia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pymtron is great and I love him, especially as a Pymfag. Villain or not, he's a character that has been as much a part of the Avengers as any of the other founders.

Only recently (past decade, fifteen years) has Pym been getting the real short shaft by Marvel editorial and they for a while didn't seem interested in fighting the public perception.

So with the Pym/Ultron shit, I'm loving it. Forcing the Avengers to come to terms with how they've treated him and how they didn't help him during any of his mental illness episodes.

They let him drift because they didn't care about it.

This is pretty much my opinion as well.

Is it weird that with Wasp, Vision, Cap, Jarvis, and Pym that Uncanny feels like the "real" Avengers book moreso than ANAD or New Avengers?

I mean, Pym is essential to the Avengers. Always has been. He's just as important as Janet or, dare I say, Cap. He's far more important than Thor or Iron Man when it comes to the team.

I wish Avengers writers would put him in the same category as Jarvis as being "hearts of the team" and they can solve so many problems with the character.

I'm worried it's gonna end in a shitty/stupid way
I hope he doesn't get "fixed" and stays as pymtron for a while and we get to see more of him
Really neat and interesting turn for pym

I think he's being a whiny bitch and I don't like the idea of further solidifying his legacy as more of a villain than a hero.

I mean yeah I fucking love Pym and Pymtron has been really entertaining...but I just really wanted him to have some kind of lasting redemption or happiness. I've just yet to come to terms with the idea of this being his new status quo.

It's shit.
It's not even as good as Uncanny Avengers was when it was on issue 11.

My problem with Remender's Uncanny Avengers is every character in it acted like an asshole for no logical reason. So he obviously wanted Rogue and Scarlet Witch to go at it and then become friends, but their hatred of each other made no sense and they became friends off-panel.

I think the whole thing suffered from being a hodgepodge of Avengers ideas with his unused ideas for another run of X-Force, and then having no ending because the ending was cannibalized for AXIS.

Uncanny Avengers ended at Vol. 1, #22.
What AXIS nonsense are you talking about, friend?

I don't know. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Magneto's kids.

I felt the same way about the lineup of Remender's Uncanny Avengers for a while. With Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man it had more of the characters I think of as the essential Avengers than Hickman's Avengers did.

Everyone has their own idea of who the essential Avengers are, but for a lot of people it's not Cap, Thor or Iron Man, it's the B-listers who carried most of the storylines in the book in the '60s through the early '00s. Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Pym, Hawkeye, Wonder Man, Quicksilver, maybe Black Knight and Hercules... an Avengers book should have at least a few of them.

Love it, love everything about him.

Same here. I don't want it to be handwaved away at the end of the arc because someone could do some really interesting things with Pymtron instead of
>Hank is Ultron and they're evil so yeah

That and everything about roboPym is my fetish

Yeah, totally. Can't believe anyone would think otherwise

im not a pymfag at all i hated him but what Remender and Duggan have done is fuckin awesome

He should deal more damage.

Can someone post the fight? Very curious, been seeing a lot about this but haven't kept up to date with much marvel recently.

Stupid, sexy Hank!

I hope Synapse manages to overclock his humanbits to give Pym the upper hand on Ultron's influence.

That is one of the better Wasp costumes in recent history.

I'll try posting it, although I don't have a Sup Forums pass so it'll take awhile.

May I just say the letterer of this issue is great. The textbox difference between Pym and Ultron alternating is great.

REKT

TO
BE
CONTINUED!

Man I'm really looking forward to issue 12.

If you want the Win O' Clock links:
Uncanny Avengers 011 (Zone-Empire)
www65.zippyshare.com/v/YiPQKHtc/file.html
tusfiles.com/1qm4o3ilq8l3
userscloud.com/u2twdawua3ia

>Mutara Nebula

That reference isn't nearly as cute as the writer thinks it is.

So the PymxTigra romance is just gonna be completely ignored.

Gotta love synergy, Pym finally managed to move past Jan, but then the movies just drag them and their shitty drama back together, hell she ran off with Havok had a kid, and got Kang'd, but none of that matters I guess.

MCU was a mistake.

You're a fool if you thought Tygra was Pym's endgame. It will always be Janet and Hank, for better or worse.

Are you talking about the Skrull babydaddy of Tygra's bastard (possibly aborted) child?

What even happened to Havok?

Did he get Bendicided?

Who cares where worst Summers is?

delet

Hey now, the child was born fine, Tigra just dumped him off to live with the Cat Tribe because Osborn was gonna kill the little skrulling.

And everyone lived happily ever after!

Do you have pages of the confrontation?
I want to see Hanktron calling them out on their bullshit.

READ THE THREAD.

Fucking shitposters.

He's vanished into the soon-to-be-a-plottwist hole.
This has happened to other characters before.
Expect him to show up in a manner you will not appreciate.

Nate Grey says "Hello."

I figured.
I really liked his romance with Janet, but he's just been vanished.
>Nate Grey
>worst
Sup, Cable?

FunFact : The strongest Skrull children instinctively kill, devour, and replace their parents upon their coming of age.

And everyone lived happily ever after!

That's one hell of a bar mitzvah.

Fuck off, I posted this before reading that.

"Today you are a man... or a woman... or, you know what, flip a coin."

Starts eating their parent's before the coin even drops.

Probably caused the Death of X race war, and Scott took credit for the Inhumans killed to save his reputation.

I'm just picturing two Skrulls overlooking the whole scene and going "You know Paibok... I think our race might be evil."

I myself have the headcanon of Evilized Alex donning that X-face costume of Scott's in order to frame his idiot brother for some Inhumancide.

This was awesome, thanks for posting it all!

And then Paibok responds; "We must be, for I have just poisoned your Manischewitz! You are about to die! Bwa-HaHa!"

I want him to be the genius screw-up
like tries so hard and has the best intentions but arguably the worst luck/logic ever

I liked how he made Wonder Man in Rogue's body
kinda hot

take out Hercules and bring back fun Beast or Firestar/Justice and I really like that team

That's literally all he's ever been. For nearly 60 years.

and that's the best characterization
all the potential in the world, but never seem can get it straight and channel it right
that's why I love Pym
the stubborn, good hearted futility is something that could resonate with a lot of people

I prefer him to be tackled with more seriousness than having his characterization forever consist of "pathetic failure." Very few writers seem to have any desire to do so, though.

But without "pathetic failure" you don't have his manic depression bouts.
It's kinda an accurate depiction of the mental illness from issue one on, he's this brilliant guy who does these amazing things and then when he gets into a bad mood he just deathspirals into total self-destruction.
He can't have that happy ending because the condition will just eventually act up and he'll find the cloud in his silver lining anyway.
It really makes him a real person as a character. You can't throw that away.

No, I don't like that. I don't like defining him by his self-esteem issues and mental illness. That's far too defeatist. He's a hero and scientist first. He can be a successful hero despite his shortcomings, I like when he accepts, learns and grows from his mistakes. Look at how he grew as a character through West Coast Avengers.

He's an underdog, and yeah at times a tragic hero, but he's not an impotent psycho doomed to fail forever. I reject that notion.

"Impotent Pycho doomed to fail" is the bug in his programming, that's the depression part of manic depression.
Being the founding member of the Avengers, the brilliant scientist adventurer who towers over his enemies and can do anything he sets his brilliant mind to, that's the manic part of manic depression.
It's not all bad, but it can never be all good. Sorta like when Ultron creates a goodguy that turns around and defeats him: one extreme leads to the other.
So you see scenes of Hank balancing his moods with self-awareness and trying to maintain his composure, the mad scientist restraining his own defining quality.
It's that natural complexity born of a simple human flaw that fleshes him out so much.
I would never take that away from the readership that roots for his happiness.

>"Alex! But why?"
>"You really didn't see this coming? I've been evil for like two years now Scott come on."
>"You're still my brother, we can fix this!"
>"... Jean was a slut who liked Logan more."
>"GRRAAAAAWR JEEEEEEAAAAANNN"

FYI manic depression isn't a thing, it's bipolar disorder

And it was Dogfucker of all people who finally said what's up with Hank.

How is that a defense?

honestly I find this way more compelling than Tony "Weekend Relapse" Stark

Right now I think this is best comic of Marvel, actually this has been the best Marvel material in ages, anyway now I really want to see Pymtron winning this fight, he is right and all of them are awful people.
BTW where is Jocasta, she is obviously and undoubtedly he endgame of Pymtron.

>brilliant scientist adventurer who towers over his enemies and can do anything he sets his brilliant mind to

That's really not true. That's not the narrative of Hank Pym. He CAN'T do anything, because he is always doomed to fail. That's the nature of the character, one step forward, two steps back, forever.

How could he want a burger if he has no stomach or digestive organs? Those are kinda vital

Nanomachines, son.

Why does Janet care? This is the guy who beat her.

I'll take Nate over Scott any day

And now Hank has been ruined forever.

No possible way he can ever come back from this. If the wifebeater thing didn't finish off his worth as a hero long ago, this will permanently eradicate even the tiniest subatomic particle of redemption for him.

Marvel has finally permanently ruined Hank Pym beyond repair

Cop-out.

This and this Pymtron is the best thing to have happened to both Hank AND Ultron, and I don't want it to end anytime soon because it really makes for an interesting dynamic (both for the two and their place in the Avengers mythos).

Also, it gives Ultron something to do beyond going Skynet and it's a good reminder that the comics still care about Ultron being Hank's creation.

>be me
>love Ultron
>love unmasked Hank
>love cybernetic imagery akin to Ghost in the Shell
>see this
MUH DICK

Holy shit, now I really want Pymtron to stay. This is legitimately great.

I want X-Men out of Avenger mess

This nigga gets it

They're leaders so I see no problem.

Cable and Rogue are better off here than in any of the X-Books
It's a real shit show these days

And at least Rogue and Cable are constantly making disparaging remarks about Inhumans here. You don't get that in Lemire's book

The best Avengers villain in probably 5 years