Why was he wearing a Nightwing costume the whole time?

Why was he wearing a Nightwing costume the whole time?

Other urls found in this thread:

scifiscripts.com/scripts/batmanandrobin.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because unless you're already a fan, the Robin costume looks dumb as shit.

Because back then it was impossible to respect a Robin, so they thought this would add some cred.

I understand what they tried to do, with Robin leaving Batman and trying to go solo, and wearing a Nightwing suit, but why didn't they just call him Nightwing?

He actually called himself "Nightwing" at one point in the script development process

scifiscripts.com/scripts/batmanandrobin.txt

You won't even need to scroll down to read it.

Honestly, I think it was because that design was the new hotness at the time, having only just debuted as his new look, and when BTAS returned to the air around the same time, they also went with a Nightwing that more-or-less used that design. So I imagine, with a concerted effort to get Dick = Nightwing in people's minds, they insisted on him wearing the suit in the movie, but made it red and still called him "Robin" as a compromise.

It's weird, you'd think him calling himself Nightwing would come at the END of the original script, if anywhere. Really odd way to start your Batman & ROBIN movie.

Because after Batman Forever, where he was Robin in a Robin design, he was going through a very cheap version of his Nightwing phase throughout Batman & Robin.

>he was going through a very cheap version of his Nightwing phase
That's what I'm saying. They should have just called it that.

Batman & Nightwing just doesn't have the same ring to it.

>He's going to steal the diamond!
>No, Robin. He's going to jail.
What were they thinking?

>Batman & Nightwing just doesn't have the same ring to it
I never understood why Batman Forever wasn't called Batman & Robin, and why the movie called Batman & Robin featured Batgirl.

Aside from the mask I liked BFs costume better.

/thread

And the costume in the OP looks fine?

Come on

Yeah, because nipple costumes are SO MUCH more dignified.

nightwing doesn't have a cape user

The idea behind this costume (not the execution) was my favorite part of the movie, I like the Nightwing/Robin hybrid and making him slightly darker while still being Robin.

For years that confused me because I always thought Batman & Robin was Batman Forever and vice versa.

Arkham City already proved that the costume is perfect outside of the nipples.
They use this costume without any alterations besides removing the fucking nipples.
And it looks perfect.

Nightwing is blue.

It was slow transition to Nightwing in never made sequel. C'mon dude this isn't rocket science

Too *antiquitas* for plebs like you. Go back to Plebdit.

Those nipples actually had function though.

I guess you thinking that Spartans in Snyder's "300" were naked. Go to plebdit I said.

You might want to put off the meme dosage because I have no idea what the fuck are you even trying to say now, but feel free to get cancer and die.

>plebditer thinks he can cast cancer on anyone
Get out, pleb.

This, but make it out of leather or some shit, not crafted abs and other anatomy. Looks ridiculous.