Has there ever been a worse redesign decision than this?

Has there ever been a worse redesign decision than this?

Yes

>he is a lantern

Hilarious.

batnipples

From a design standpoint it's pretty fantastic.

Plenty, because that's actually not that bad.

Contrarians pls leave. There's a reason it never caught on and everyone went back to the original. It was literally the New Coke of Superman.

Yes.

It never caught on because people hate change.

That's doesn't necessarily mean the costume itself is bad, is just that is a really bizarre choice for superman.

It's a stupid decision, but it's well made.

Superman as gangbuster was kinda ugly

There's nothing contrarian about what he is saying, the suit and designe in general were great.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it as a temporary outfit, but to try & sell it as a semi permanent thing is Nope.

But that was genuinely great.
Collar was iffy but that is the only real problem.
I say that as someone who is indifferent to Jim Lee.

The breaks/lines in the outfit look phenomenal by other artist such as pic related.

Came here to post this.

Nothing will ever top this.

Nothing.

He is a goddamn lantern.

I like Red/Blue was fun

While the costume isn't completely irredeemable the writing and art are

Oh fuck off, it's simple and clean it's objectively one of the least offensive designs possible.
The concept is retarded, not the design, stop being a faggot who has to hate every element of something he dislikes

That DD suit was fucking awesome.

I liked this one, but it could have used a bit more Kirby influence.

This

You guys aren't even trying. Here's 1990s Booster Gold, which is one of my two picks for worst redesign.

Honestly, the electric blue Superman costume is well-designed and visually interesting, it's just that it was too big a stretch for a character with such a well-defined and well-liked visual. If it had been applied to an entirely original character I think it would have been pretty well-received. It's bold, it makes good use of high contrast, it's not too visually cluttered, and the visual elements all flow together nicely.

Goddamn that is some delicious superman art

I like that design.

Then again Im not a metric for taste- i also like armor-cap

i think the more recent attempts at turning superman all blue are worse

it was stupid but fuck did it look fantastic

>There's a reason it never caught on and everyone went back to the original.
Yeah, The story arc demanded a return to the status quo at the end. It was never meant to be a long term change, just something to stir interest in a property that was still losing readers.

And contrary to popular belief, it had nothing to do with the DC/Shuster and Siegle heirs.

I would say that more as a testimony of an Artists' talent than good base design, as they managed to make it look good.

Most of the time the suit looked fugly as all hell.

Slumping sales into a new costume is the old staple for Cape Comics

Most of them are pretty bad

I see your weird Superman and raise you the DayGlo king of Hell himself:

Danny Ketch (pre-Drugs)

the current costume is basically just as bad

The boots are awful i give you that

Nah. Bermejo does good work and he did the best possible here but it still looks off. And on top of that for every Bermejo there were like ten other artists who couldn't salvage the suit under the guidelines given.

The collar and the armor lines/plating were easily the worst things about the New 52 suit.

>Shirt with lantern sleeves

Fuck you this is amazing

it shouldn't of changed back
blue electro Supes is bad ass and got me into comics

I'd say it's far better than the New 52 Armor Suit since it eliminates the collar and armor shit, but fucks up by making the suit dark and using blue boots.

Worst part is that Gleason did do a better design but it got rejected by editorial (or whoever) in favor of the current one.

No, Guggenheim, it wasn't

It's like he latest suit, it can look extremely good or bad, depends on artist.

You mean like the one they did for Superman Unchained

Like almost all of them.

Blue superman was an AMAZING kook, extremely well done, as a "just for the arc" suit there's nothing wrong with it.

I hope we could had it like a "second form of superman".

you have shit taste

No joke, I actually kind of dug the design of Cap's armored exo-suit. Would like to see a modern update of it at some point, but for now I'm happy with the MCU version

>who is harlequin

I don't know who but someone at DC is legit obsessed with giving Superman a red belt.

That picture would be 1000 times better if he was wearing the old suit though. Just because someone can polish poop really well doesn't mean diamonds are unnecessary.

WHO IS THE HARLEQUIN

WHERE IS HEEEEEEE

All the Injustice ones.

Goddamn that's a beautiful Superman design.

better then rita though
if you showed that to somebody without telling them what it was they would likely say femloki (it would make a fantastic femloki)

does this look like rita fucking repulsa to you Sup Forums

I kind of like that they're differentiating Rita from Bandora. The witch look clashes with the Zordon sci-fi story Power Rangers went with.

But, no, it definitely doesn't look like Bandora.

Fucking Guggenhack

He looks like pre-Crisis Ultraman.

That 90s ass in the corner....

This some sick Poison Ivy costume.

Yes

>The breaks/lines in the outfit look phenomenal by other artist such as pic related.
Remember when the lines were supposed to glow in different colours based on what powers he was using?

It maybe not good enough to replace red and blue for Supes, but on its own, it's an awesome design. Surely they were worse.

>they couldn't have just done an arc where Livewire reforms to hand down the costume design down to her
Wasted potential.

This. The design is not bad. People wanted old supes back.

How do you fuck up something so simple.

>Hating Electric Blue Superman

Pleb.

Pretty sure they did do that though

>Honestly, the electric blue Superman costume is well-designed and visually interesting, it's just that it was too big a stretch for a character with such a well-defined and well-liked visual. If it had been applied to an entirely original character I think it would have been pretty well-received. It's bold, it makes good use of high contrast, it's not too visually cluttered, and the visual elements all flow together nicely.

This. As a kid I thought Superman Blue was cool. Too bad all of the Not Muh neckbeards from the early 90's hated it

Holy fuck...that would've been an awesome skin if it weren't Batman Beyond.

I usually like tacti-cool but this is overkill

They literally did do that though in Grounded.

The Inhumans's suits should never look practical. They're from an ancient secret society. They should look weird and oddball like.

you know people give Superman Red/Blue a lot of shit but that run had some interesting ideas.

Can't say I would've wanted electric superman to STICK per se but it succeeded at being a neat change of pace.

They did literally just that.

I've always wondered if BBs suit had vibranium in it to absord the vibration he puts out. Anyone know?

There's literally nothing wrong with this costume.

>Say what you want to say, Jay.
>Your costume sucks.

No green one not Jay

He looks like he has venereal disease.

But that was actually good

Man I like Disco Nightwing but I'm not gonna pretend that costume isn't goofy as shit.

but you've taken disco and mixed it with edge.

I ASSUME this was self aware but considering the dark age...

He looks more like Alice Cooper and Gene Simmons mixed together.

Alternate Future kid with the memories of Nighwing that was a sleeper agent to fight Extant. He was normal until Raven mind-raped him and then he raped Mirage.

Squirrel Girl.

Idk what you mean post pics please

>Hey Alan, you have something on your feet, look.

It's not really a bad redesign, just shitty art

Why do the power rangers have thong embossing on their suits?

Could have used less belts though.

When did Iron Man start doing power rangers armour?

Fair enough. My brain just automatically considers the misshapen abomination that is her face as part of the redesign

looks like the shredder

as a kid I thought changing superman was a retarded thing to do
but I still thought the concept was cool and should have been used for some original charater instead.

How has no one posted Bondage Clint?

At least it makes my dick hard.

Have the complaints come in yet about her not being asian?

What's the problem?