First official image from Spielberg's Ready Player One

Is Sup Forums ready for "this is reddit this is memes" the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobookbay.la/audio-books/ready-player-one-ernest-cline-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>More pro-Israel garbage

Kung Fury 2?

another quip filled epin millenial movie

no lad this will be the redditcore to end all redditcores

*inhales*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAH

is that Tye Sheridan? Recognise those big juicy lips anywhere

Maybe the book will be better but the book was fucking awful. It was literally just 90% lists to zany 80s shit.

"So and so was a big fan on classic Nintendo games like Mario, Mario 2, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong. He would play them in his fake arcade while listening to the classic hits, Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, ACDC...."

Pages and pages of fucking lists. The writing was awful as fuck.

Wait the premise sounds like that MMORPG pedo anime that Sup Forums obsess over...

This guy knows what's up.

So don't watch it.

This is like post post post modernist fiction. 50 Shades of Gray for the man with the Calvin and Hobbes tattoo in your life

Looks like a Chad >:/
I didn't read the book though.

Sounds like Scott Pilgrim.

Bryan pls

>Did I cover Japan? Yes. Yes indeed. Anime and live-action. Godzilla, Gamera, Star Blazers, The Space Giants, and G-Force. Go, Speed Racer, Go.
None of that is anime tho.

Scott Pilgrim handles it's references way better. Because it actually incorporated them into the world and story, instead of just prattling off a a random list of "references".

Having the fake band play the music from a video game is way better handles than just having some band member say "I can play the music from these games [30 page list]"

explain what im reading please

i thought this was based on a classic novel by someone like asimov or orwell

turns out this is based on some young adult shit from 2011

WHO GIVES A FUCK

>This is what plebs think eccentricity looks like

Is Ready Player One the first true Metamodern novel?

It's Ready Player One

I'm referring to Modernism, Postmodernism, Metamodernism (also known as New Sincerity) of course.

>millenial movie

You mean Gen-X. This is our movie. But, I can tell from the OP image that it is already fucked. He's supposed to be a fatass at that point. Not some skinny chad.

Wil Wheaton reads it for the audio book. That's really he only form this is even remotely good in.

This will outreddit Deapool & GoTG

Can you tell me who the fuck is writing this for context, please?

Obviously the movie won't be just list after list, but they sure will pander to millenial fags. Spielberg is onto the nostalgia/reddit wagon

It's the original book that the movie is based on

What in god's name is this rubbish?

Is he playing Cyclops in this one again?

>Wil Wheaton reads it for the audio book. That's really he only form this is even remotely good in.

This right here. The book and movie are shit, but this is golden and the only form it will ever be good in,

audiobookbay.la/audio-books/ready-player-one-ernest-cline-3/

Pure
Unadulterated
Reddit
Kino

>2021
>Not using Grammarly

>pic
>Wade Watts
>not a fat ass

He loses all the weight and gets really buff much later in the book, but not when he just has the gloves and visor at the very beginning.

Basically he is looking for the hidden treasure of the founder of a game everyone plays who hid it behind stuff from his childhood(80's)

PURK?

>At once wildly original and stuffed with irresistible nostalgia, READY PLAYER ONE is a spectacularly genre-busting, ambitious, and charming debut—part quest novel, part love story, and part virtual space opera set in a universe where spell-slinging mages battle giant Japanese robots, entire planets are inspired by Blade Runner, and flying DeLoreans achieve light speed.

>It’s the year 2044, and the real world is an ugly place.

>Like most of humanity, Wade Watts escapes his grim surroundings by spending his waking hours jacked into the OASIS, a sprawling virtual utopia that lets you be anything you want to be, a place where you can live and play and fall in love on any of ten thousand planets.

>And like most of humanity, Wade dreams of being the one to discover the ultimate lottery ticket that lies concealed within this virtual world. For somewhere inside this giant networked playground, OASIS creator James Halliday has hidden a series of fiendish puzzles that will yield massive fortune—and remarkable power—to whoever can unlock them.

>For years, millions have struggled fruitlessly to attain this prize, knowing only that Halliday’s riddles are based in the pop culture he loved—that of the late twentieth century. And for years, millions have found in this quest another means of escape, retreating into happy, obsessive study of Halliday’s icons. Like many of his contemporaries, Wade is as comfortable debating the finer points of John Hughes’s oeuvre, playing Pac-Man, or reciting Devo lyrics as he is scrounging power to run his OASIS rig.

>And then Wade stumbles upon the first puzzle.

>Suddenly the whole world is watching, and thousands of competitors join the hunt—among them certain powerful players who are willing to commit very real murder to beat Wade to this prize. Now the only way for Wade to survive and preserve everything he knows is to win. But to do so, he may have to leave behind his oh-so-perfect virtual existence and face up to life—and love—in the real world he’s always been so desperate to escape.

>A world at stake.
>A quest for the ultimate prize.
>Are you ready Play One?

Sounds like a faggot movie to cash in on the video game autists.

But if you can be anything you want to be then why the fuck is the prize going to matter to you?

Because you'll be the ruler of the world.

I wonder how well these trailer parks will translate into a movie.

>omg it's like such an AMAZING book, so freakin' awesome!
Understanding the mind of the average redditor will always elude me.

No clue, but the explosion will be kino.

Oh boy am I ready for the threads on this to just be filled to the brim with mentions of reddit. As someone who read the book (It's shite don't read it) this film's gonna be the peak ultra reddit film that no nu male will ever be able to top. Not even the quippiest of quipshit or the average Rick and Morty episode will ever possibly compare to how this film's gonna be. You love hamfisted references, quips everywhere and only the edgiest of nihilism? Does Spielberg have the film for you. I'm seeing it for Alan Silvestri's score, the guy fucking nails every movie he's done.

yepp, especially the oasis can look cool if they go crazy with it.

I'm going to save everyone the trouble and write a script that just replies to every Ready Player One thread with "reddit". Nice trips

I met the author at a convention so I'll see it in theaters

>the crystal skull doesn't exist
>but the starwars prequels do
lmao

>those authors
>those directors
>those directors
It's like the entirety of Reddit got together and tried to write the most cancerous book in existence.

I couldn't get into the book because it seemed entirely geared to appeasing 80's nostalgia.

Isn't Wade supposed to be a skinnyfat weakling in book? The cast here is horrendous. Plus they casted an awful Art3mis.

he basically looks like in in the beginning of the book.
He is chubby

Fucking christ am I ready for the unbearable levels of cringe the Aech reveal scene is going to have.

Will this work?

If you take away the lists there's really not much left

>unbearable levels of cringe the Aech reveal scene is going to have.
please explain

I think someone fucked up

I'm just hoping Spielberg saves it by not focusing on the autistic inventor of VR-Second Life and instead showcasing the dystopian world. It only turned out the way it did because everyone started caring more about what's happening online than in the real world, electing internet-presidents instead of bothering with real world politics etc. Even the main character is incapable of realising that his apathy for the real world and his escape into the virtual world is the reason why the real world is turning to shit, not that it's magically turning to shit on its own while he escapes to his more fun virtual life.

It's the warning sign that the people who live their lives on the internet today needs.

n the real world Aech is a heavy-set African-American girl named Helen Harris. Helen uses a Caucasian Male appearance and voice for her OASIS avatar in order to be more easily respected by her peers.

K I N O

see link in
don't read it.

And don't forget Cline reeeeeally pushes the fact she's lesbian too

I thought of Sup Forums when I got to that part.

Jesus Christ.
Gen X go down as the most cancerous, childish, self masturbatory generation of people ever.

Don't forget she's gay too

That stood out to me too. Especially funny since Spielberg is directing the movie.

How "great" will be the Wargames (or was it Ferris Bueller's Day Off?) scene?

Well, we are the best generation to ever exist so far. Millennials seems to be the worst, but Boomers are pretty close.

Holy motherfucking shit that is one skeletal man.

>this poorly written redditfest YA novel gets a Steven Spielberg film adaption
>Artemis Fowl was never even close to a script

Nah it's Sup Forums

I don't give a fuck what you bitches think, I enjoyed the shit out of the book, in a kind of "fuck me this world is cool" kinda way,

yeah there were a few moments of bullshit like Wade watching monty pyton and the holy grail 160 times over the span of 6 years, as well as all the other 80s "research" he was doing at the same time. but I guess I'm just not autistic enough to get mad about it.

also I'm not really sure why everyone thinks it's "reddit"
what even classifies as reddit anyway?

maybe I just have shit taste

Someone post the bit where he makes fun of a random Chad for not knowing some obscure 80's game.

Burger pls

>not fat

How is he supposed to transform in this coming of age story? I hate Hollywood.

Yeah, you do have shit taste.

t. autist

Agreed. And all new movies that involve culture of any kind are "reddit" though I don't know what that really means since I've yet to ever go there.

Dat pac-man scene. I knew it was going to be a trump card.

reckon they'll put in the sex bot?

How the fuck will this even get made with the countless musical/movie/tv/anime references?
Won't copyright laws make it nearly impossible?

>>not fat
he starts skinny and gets ripped later

You're both complete newfags if you don't understand what people mean when they say Ready Player One is reddit.

>more then 20 million VR headsets sold
>then
Fuck

it'll be a billion dollar bloated mess maybe buying rights to everything
and fuck, its speilberg
he can ask for a few favors i'd guess

Don't you have the Right to quote in America?

lol Who knows, there's so much shit in the book that not all of it will be put in. They will leave out important stuff of course.

No, he's a weakling chubby. He even has a program that makes him count calories and workout otherwise he gets locked out of his VR setup in the apartment.

You should probably go back there, kid.

t. capeshitter

I don't go on reddit mate, are they implying it appeals to normalfags who like spouting memes?

to be honest you sound like you're trying too hard to seem like an oldfag, I'm just here to discuss RPO

>electing internet-presidents instead of bothering with real world politics etc
this is how it'll get 10/10's and a 100% on RT
I can see it already
"A must watch and grim reminder of the current Trump era of America"
fucking kek

Sure thing, kid.

>also I'm not really sure why everyone thinks it's "reddit"
>what even classifies as reddit anyway?

Well it's reddit for quite a few reasons
>DUDE GOD ISN'T REAL LMAO
>le "nerd culture XD" shit
>SJW shit (fat black woman pretends to be white male because muh oppression)
>lots and lots of quips/unfunny one-liners

all that being said I thought the book was fun too

The kind of guys interested in this movie are the same ones who think The Dark Knight is a Top 5 of All Time movie.

Wait, all that shit is Sup Forums though...

me too user. It's a fun pop novel that you burn through on a long plane ride or something. I don't understand why Sup Forums is flipping out over the adaptation. It's not like this level of fiction on the big screen is a new concept.

I'm interested to see Spielberg's take on it.

But, capeshit is shit.

You're literally a parody at this point, fuckwad.

>Artemis Fowl was never even close to a script
Artemis Fowl is garbage.

But Crystal Skull was the last Indiana Jones movie?