Dan Calin's Hardcore History Podcast

Anyone finish up his latest 303 minute podcast? Greco Persian War. A lot of fun. I really enjoy these podcasts.

I loved his rome/WW1 series, I need to brush up on the context before listening to the new one tho.

His podcasts are p good tbqhwy famalamadam

being personally jewish i find it distasteful to spend money of some guy talking for 5 hours straight about something some desert people once did, dont get me wrong i love the dudes work but fuck, not paying

see you next year, i promise

The ones on the mongols are really good. I need to listen to the roman ones

>spend money
but its free?

im on the last two hours. HH and Common Sense are GOAT shows

nigga, really? i thought there was a paywall judging from his website, i torrented all his old shit

he puts out episodes for free, i believe he charges money once its a few years old

I would listen to his podcasts, but I've not finished The History of Rome yet.

/!\SPOILER ALERT THE DOG DIES/!\

Is he a Persia-boo?

I'm becoming a Persia-boo myself after browsing /his. Even the Alexander and Romans were Persia-boos.

a little bit

>tfw usually listen to podcasts while playing mindless vidya
>cant get away with it with Dan cause he packs in so much information and goes into sudden tangents before you realise you're totally lost on whats going on

>Jew
>complaining about the price of free things

>The History of Rome
Never saw what was so appealing about this one. The guy who does it has the worst voice -- you can tell he's just reading off of his notes. The worst part is that no one else will do a Rome history podcast because this guy claimed the whole thing.

Was not expecting to see this on pol.

+1 internets.

Where do you get time to listen to 300min? I have been trying to listen to his WWI podcast while in the car, but I am just not driving 4 hours anywhere and I lose my place

I put it on as I fall asleep

correct

Now that I've consumed the latest HH episode, I'm needing more things to listen to. Anyone else have recommendations?

Here are others I've been enjoying:

- Martyrmade -- it's currently a long-form history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Does a good job of showing how both sides are fucked up
- Decline of the West -- done by the guy who did Martyrmade. It's him and John David Ebert chatting about esoteric philosophy, Spengler, and how everything is falling apart.
- When Diplomacy Fails -- short one-episode accounts of various conflicts and the diplomatic maneuvering involved in how they got started.
- The Eastern Border -- some Latvian talking about how shit the USSR was.
- Inward Empire -- in-depth histories of portions of American history. Currently I'm going through his history of the Indian wars in the 1600s/1700s and it's good that it doesn't just parrot the progressive "noble savage" propaganda.
History on Fire -- guy with a strong Italian accent talking about various dramatic events. Starts off with stuff about the Roman slave revolts.

Can't merk the Xerx.

Well not yet, listening in 20 minute chunks before I fall asleep. Not a criticism, I find it all very cosy.

Started going through Blueprints for Armageddon. Just about to start the 3rd episode. I am learning about WW1 for BF1. Does Carlin have any podcasts on the Iraq or Afghanistan war?
I've been on his site, but can't seem to find anything.

Yes I fucking loved it Darius I is a fucking awesome motherfucker

Why not read a good history book? You will retain the information better than by listening to a podcast.

books are for fucking faggots bro

>he doesn't put public domain music and sound effects in his podcasts anymore
I liked the cheese, Dan.

>I am learning about WW1 for BF1

I'm so glad you're learning about WWI, but so sorry BF1 is what sparked it.

ask /his/ what they think of this guy

also I fucking hate the way he speaks

His podcasts are trash. He studies actual history and is somehow still a bluepill liberal.

The History of Rome and Revolutions are pretty good podcasts

Because sometimes you just want to rest your eyes and listen to something.

Moly dedicated an episode of Freedom Meme Radio to the fall of the Western Roman Empire, and draws compelling parallels to the West today. Carlin's depiction of the decline of the Achaeminid Empire has many of the exact same parallels, but his main point is how brutal war is.