What would the blockbuster landscape be like if this flick failed?

What would the blockbuster landscape be like if this flick failed?

All blockbusters are the same, user. I don't know what you're talking about

They'd still be pushing fantasy and YA series.

but they still do

Exactly the same. They would have tweaked and re-adjusted for Captain America or Thor.

Remember that Iron Man was their weird, risky Hail Mary in the first place, starring a washed up drug addict child star fighting The Dude.

Back when it came out, the execs almost certainly thought that a movie about the Incredible Hulk, a much better known character, starring the guy from Fight Club and a bunch of other successful/influential movies in the 2000's and the female lead from Armageddon and Lord of The Fucking Rings was a much more surefire success than Robert Downey Jr. in a metal suit.

I'd be shocked if any of the higher ups at Marvel would have predicted that Iron Man would have been a runaway success while The Incredible Hulk became a box office dud when they greenlit them both.

At the same time, that's probably why the team assigned to Iron Man obviously worked a whole lot harder on their film than the Hulk team did.

We would have gotten modern day live action reboots of 80s cartoons instead. Voltron, Thundercats, He-man, etc.

Thankfully 80s nostalgia isnt cool anymore and we were saved of the pure horror of a photorealistic Snarf

iron man is a much cooler concept in general thats why it was a success. its basically a regular guy who uses a minor power and his own whits to stop bad guys. same reason why people love batman and spiderman they are just regular dudes

It's not cinema of the highest quality, but Iron Man was a fun little romp. It shit up movies for the foreseeable future, but the movie itself was good

>spiderman
>just regular dude
u wot m8

reminder that the Dark Knight came out in 2008 just like Iron Man

>Next time baby

Incredible Hulk failed and that came first. They'd just keep trying until something was a hit.

he is just a regular highschool kids who also got some super powers to fight crime

Iron Man came first m8

All I know is Sup Forums would bitch no matter what

would the mcu be better without the disney involvement?

why is there a 'y' randomly near gwyneth paltrow's name?

The DCEU might have stood a chance.

Probably not, but anons will pretend all their movies since the acquisition are shit despite Iron man 1 and IH being the only ones before that.

I will never not be mad at Terrence Howard for not taking a pay cut. He was clearly the superior Rody, but his ego blew the fuck up. Now we have wooden board Cheeto as War Machine

Yeah, but the superpowers he receives are miles ahead of what an ordinary person could achieve. His super strength and durability alone could secure him an easy win against Batman (without prep time, of course).

You wouldn't be posting on Sup Forums so that would be nice

Then it would be pretty much like the DCEU.

Dead

The DCEU wouldn't even be a thing without the success of the MCU. Man of Steel was supposed to be an standalone movie before Avengers made a bazillion dollars.